• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

SimpLe DIY sio-bak from home ( Roast meat )..

Fishypie

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
[SUB][/SUB]

if u want more "pimples" to form on the skin, u would have to pierce the big pimples with a sharp object as u grill. by doing so, the skin will bubble more evenly then will be more crispy. That is according to a old school ipoh roast pork seller who still use a charcoal oven i saw on axian food adventure.:smile:

Oh bro, you do foLLow this Axian's show too ?; i thought he's fabuLous ! ! .. :wink:

Fishypie

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Fisk, thanks, waited patiently and worth the wait.
Try them bro ! ..there's no mistake about this method.aLL the Ladies' were grinning ears to ears when chomping
them down with red wines, that night right after my posting. :wink:

Townair

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not bad hor ?..esp when a man's induLgence in food is just about the safest of aLL vices. :smile:

Any recipe for char siew and bak kwa? I can't cook anything beside instant noodle. But I can pass recipe to someone who can cook.

soikee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Forget about paying top $ for that coupLe of miserabLe sLiced roasted meat anymore ! ..my good
chef kaki taught me the how-to for just a few of cans of Anchor beers ..:wink:
Wonder why wouLd some peopLe pay premium $ for some crappy receipes ..:cool:

siobak1.jpg

siobak2.jpg

siobak3.jpg

siobak4.jpg

ShaLL post the steps/receipes if any bros are interested..:wink:

To eat this kind of unhealthy food more than once a year, I think it's suicidal.

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Nice thread, please post more food threads rather than those (you know what kind)..... :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Actually, some alternative
1) use 5 spices to replace cinnamon, i think it taste better
2) Usually I will boil the pork belly with water + vinegar for 30 minutes, poke the skin with forks as much as you can and scrap off those oily liquid coming out from the skin, make sure the skin are dry, then place it in fridge overnight, next day rub it with 5 spices and salt mixture, then roast it.

Most important is the skin has to be dry and with salt, you will get a crispy skin

This is another alternative
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/nJWPvJxAyAE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited:

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Alamaking din know you such an expert...
Yes need to poke poke the skin with needle brush to release the oil...this will make it less oily.

Nice thread, please post more food threads rather than those (you know what kind)..... :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Actually, some alternative
1) use 5 spices to replace cinnamon, i think it taste better
2) Usually I will boil the pork belly with water + vinegar for 30 minutes, poke the skin with forks as much as you can and scrap off those oily liquid coming out from the skin, make sure the skin are dry, then place it in fridge overnight, next day rub it with 5 spices and salt mixture, then roast it.

Most important is the skin has to be dry and with salt, you will get a crispy skin

This is another alternative

Townair

Alfrescian
Loyal
I don't really know how to cook but I know how to cook one dish. It's bestseller. It's called instant noodle. :biggrin:

Last edited: