• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Signs Of An Economic Downturn?

Aussie Pete

Alfrescian
Loyal
The title of this post, is the same as the title that came into my email inbox with the attached pictures. Pretty amazing photos and data so couldn't resist posting them here.

These are ships lying idle off Singapore.

One of the comments attached to the email from my friend, said "I thought the 20 or so ships I saw sitting off Mackay waiting for coal earlier this year was scary". (NB: For readers that don't know, Mackay is on the coast of Qld, Australia).

ships01sm.jpg

ships02sm.jpg

ships03sm.jpg

Reduced to fit on the forum - full size version of the pics:
http://www.aussiepete.com/2009/03/signs-of-economic-downturn.html

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Nothing new (or suprising). If you haven't been in mars all this while, you'll have caught up with baltic index (of shipping cargo) and container trade in doldrums from early last year. Charter rates are going for a song, and ships are even carrying cargo even at gratis

And as for ships laid up, it's all so visible from east coast or benjamin sheare's bridge without paying for the view in singapore flyer.

You shd also see bigger season parking lot for car exports stuck at docks worldwidee... from swansea to sinkapore

da dick

Alfrescian
Loyal
wonder why they make those tankers into part-time tourist attractions. they sure look kinda... "scenic", from east coast park.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
what a grand fleet!!!!!!!!!!!! i love to see it. can we rent a boat and head out to see??