• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

"Sibei Heng Ah, WP lost!" - Nee Soon GRC voters

skponggol

Alfrescian
Loyal

If the WP Nee Soon GRC Team comprising Angela Oon, Sajeev and Poh Lee Guan had seized power there, all hell break loose. The WP soap drama will reach another height, far surpassing that of Hougang comical-tragedy.

Who are they going to send next? What have the poor souls in Nee Soon ever done to WP to deserve such punishment?

The WP Dream Team in Nee Soon GRC - It's all about SEX, RACE and POWER........

deepblue0911

Alfrescian
Loyal

If the WP Nee Soon GRC Team comprising Angela Oon, Sajeev and Poh Lee Guan had seized power there, all hell break loose.

Sajeev and PLG incidents have cast doubts not only on WP's unity, but also the calibre of its people. Calibre not just in terms of capabilities, , loyalty and commitment, but also whether they're genuine in serving people or just political opportunists.

If WP doesn't regain control of the situation, and improve on its PR, the backlash it'll face will be much greater at the next GE.

Last edited:

Nice-Gook

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nee Soon GRC is indeed an interesting constituency,As a SMC the constituency was formed in 1988.Traditionally a rural Chinese area with Malay kampongs where SDP's Cheo Chai Chen won once before before it disappeared .Finally in 2011 when Nee Soon Central, Nee Soon East, Nee Soon South, Chong Pang and Canberra had merged into a newly formed Nee Soon GRC.The interesting aspect is that many ethnic Indians from the old Sembawang/Naval Base are now relocated here.Hence a strong presence of Indians in this GRC.

It's against this background that PAP was obliged to field one of it's top ethnic Indian candidate in Nee Soon GRC.K.Shanmugam,along with Tharman is one of the top two ethnic Indian ministers in the current PAP cabinet.Not only he is a top among 10 of the elite lawyers in their fraternity,he also held the key cabinet post of Home Affairs to clean up WKS mess.Such is the quality of the PAP Indian candidate whom WP was up against.

But who did WP hose to field against a PAP Indian candidate ,who was giant in his portfolio ?.....an ethnic Indian ,a political novice who hardly had an 'O" level ad who was more than reluctant to join the fray!!!,And it was none other than Sylvia herself who had persuaded Sanjeev to stick out his neck.Despite the very very poor quality of it's Indian candidate the WP team still garnered more or less 42% of the valid votes cated.Whooooweee!

This is where everything about Sylvia Lim stinks to the high heavens.

In short,there was a very good chance of winning this Nee Soon GRC had SDP fielded it's minority candidates such as Dr.Vincent Wijaysingha or even a WP team with say,Pritam Singh as it's minority candidate...Look! Sylvia knows rather well that it was the Malay votes she lost in the same Aljunied GRC in 2006 GE.Hence,the importance of an ethnic minority candidate in a GRC.

So,why did she deliberately chose to lose in Nee Soon by fielding a minority candidate who does not even deserve to be WP cadre---in her very own party ; and by depriving of other worthy opposition parties who could have won the Nee Soon GRC by fielding quality Indian candidate ?

Note:I have edited this post after posting this..... Sam! my posts are ending up here and there.

Last edited:

skponggol

Alfrescian
Loyal

Out of 23 WP candidates, only 5 were not made cadres (3 of them non-Chinese)......Out of these 5, 3 of them were deployed in Nee Soon GRC (60%).

Out of 5 candidates in Nee Soon GRC, 3 of them were deemed unworthy and unqualified by WP leaders to be cadres, but enough to represent the Nee Soon 'peons'.

What have the good people of Nee Soon ever done to WP to deserve such 3rd class treatment? What kind of rubbish is WP going to dump at them in GE2016?

"Con me once, shame on you. Con me twice, shame on me".

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
It has nothing to do with PR but rather, management system and skill. WP's management is lagging behind its growth, that is why you are seeing all funny things happening right now.

Goh Meng Seng

Sajeev and PLG incidents have cast doubts not only on WP's unity, but also the calibre of its people. Calibre not just in terms of capabilities, , loyalty and commitment, but also whether they're genuine in serving people or just political opportunists.

If WP doesn't regain control of the situation, and improve on its PR, the backlash it'll face will be much greater at the next GE.

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It has nothing to do with PR but rather, management system and skill. WP's management is lagging behind its growth, that is why you are seeing all funny things happening right now.

Goh Meng Seng

How to manage when every damning members want to be first. If Poh send to NCMP, Eric also not happy. If Eric send to contest in Hougang, Poh also not happy. If you were there, you also not happy with Eric or Poh if they were given opportunity. Than this small fry Sajeev also another power hunger, he think he is bigger than the party. Manage my foot! the best their true color show the better.

Last edited:

deepblue0911

Alfrescian
Loyal

Goh Meng Seng

Are you just casually replying to my post? Or are you seriously believing what you wrote above?

I'm not a seasoned politician like you, but the handling of YSL, Sajeev and PLG shows me a handicap of the WP in PR. You can said the causes of these problems are more deeply rooted, but how could you say nothing to do with PR? Any successful organisation needs to be good at PR.

Management system and skills? Can you be more specific? What systems and what skills do you think WP are lacking or lagging?