• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

SIA's problems. I think another it is anothersign of the PAP's empire is collapsing

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: SIA's problems. I think another it is anothersign of the PAP's empire is collap

CX via dragon air benefit a lot fr china routes. SIA on the other hand suffered bcos the lucrative kangaroo route is now affected by quantas emirates tie up n Aussie government refusal to allow 3rd freedom right fr Aussie to US

Gone r the days where SIA svc is one to be emulated. You can tell the desperation in their launching of premium economy - a product already implemented by Cathay n virgin.

SIA main income generator fr business n first class is dwindling.

In fact SIA used to have premium economy in their A345 direct flights to LA n NY but they subsequently withdraw, now economic reality means they have to put it back.

Another sign of declining svc level, just check the cellar in the sky award, SIA used to be regular winner, now ?

Reddog

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: SIA's problems. I think another it is anothersign of the PAP's empire is collap

Li Seng Long should bow his head in shame and resign for the common good.

Dark Knight

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Could your statements be applied to MAS whose flight MH 370 disappeared into the Indian Ocean?

Not 100% applicable to MAS even though it is also another state owned airline.
They may be not so well managed but at least they don't market themselves as "high end waitress in the sky" and charge you sky high.

Hans168

Alfrescian
Loyal

SIA =Sink In Air.

SIA is like PAP overpaying their pilot dominated mgmt without watching KPI
While it works for politicians till next GE... in commercial you are fucked when your competitors beat you leg up..

Last edited:

kukubird58

Alfrescian
Loyal

Always thought that SIA was the jewel among all the GLCs since it could hold its own against the competition. Maybe it was true in the past, but with so many million dollar scholars in the system it will probably become a failed company like SMRT.
hahaha.....SIA is not a crown jewel that u thought......the govt has publicly stated that her priority is to develop changi airport as an air hub.....
they are prepared to sacrifice SIA in order to achieve her aim...

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

SIA will never go out of business, thanks to your CPF. :biggrin:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

hahaha.....SIA is not a crown jewel that u thought......the govt has publicly stated that her priority is to develop changi airport as an air hub.....
they are prepared to sacrifice SIA in order to achieve her aim...

SIA is the private airline of LKY & the PAP. Which other airlines would have dedicated a whole plane to fly the royal couple back to Spore:confused:
Do you think the PAP want to queue up with other "lesser mortals" when they travel?

Don't forget about the paper general & PAP cronies who are making $$$$ from SIA. If they shut SIA, where would they go:confused:

jw5

Loyal

SIA is the private airline of LKY & the PAP. Which other airlines would have dedicated a whole plane to fly the royal couple back to Spore:confused:
Do you think the PAP want to queue up with other "lesser mortals" when they travel?

Don't forget about the paper general & PAP cronies who are making $$$$ from SIA. If they shut SIA, where would they go:confused:

It wouldn't be a problem if it was their private airline. The problem is that it is not, ................. but it can be.................... :rolleyes:

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

For the Lees,
Better than flying RSAF C130 out in an emergency. The cargo version can hold a lot valuables.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

For the Lees,
Better than flying RSAF C130 out in an emergency. The cargo version can hold a lot valuables.

The C130 is not so wheel chair friendly lah. Now that they have the Airbus 380 they can pack more loot into each flight & even enjoy on-board shower facilities.