• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

SIA Recruiting Cadet Pilots from (Guess which Fuckup Cuntry?)

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Pilots used to be a much sought-after
profession in Singapore, but it appears that
Singaporeans are ’shunning’ the job as well
which prompted Singapore Airlines (SIA) to put
up a job advertisement in India to recruit and
train Indian nationals to become SIA pilots.

According to an amused netizen who tipped us
off on the news, he saw the SIA ad on the Times
of India in April seeking specifically ‘Citizens of
India’ as SIA cadet pilots:

siaindia.png

Besides the usual physical attributes,
prospective candidates must have at least 5
Credits in the GCE ‘O’ level and to possess a
good command of English.

SIA will sponsor successful candidates to
acquire an Airline Transport Pilot’s Licence at
Pilot Training Schools in Singapore and overseas
after which they will be bonded for a period of
seven years.

It is puzzling that SIA did not open the job to
young Singaporeans many of whom are more
than qualified to become its cadet pilots and
have to incur extra expenses by putting up job
advertisements in India.

Are Indian nationals better pilots than
Singaporeans?

In all likelihood, they are probably preferred
over Singaporeans due to lower pay.
Furthermore, being foreigners, they are unlikely
to demand much from SIA and will have lower
bargaining rights.

With even pilots now being ‘outsourced’ to
foreigners, need Singaporeans complain about
competition from foreigners in other jobs as
well?

Posted by Temasek Review on June 24, 2011.

Well, if you look at the ad, its not a job with SQ per se, they are recruiting for the SQ group of companies. So, it could be for Siilkair or something else. The lower pay theory does not really hold water either. I understand that SQ pilots and in fact, most airlines have a pilot union, so the pay issues is standard. They will not allow entry level pilot to be paid way lower than what the union contract says. However, its very dissappointing to see SQ recuiting in India. I have a friend who is sending their kid at considerable expense to the US to go for flight training. They are singaporean chinese. If SQ truly wants to hire singaporean, I can guarantee them there will be an abundance of applications if they run this ad in singapore. In fact, they do not even require perfect 20/20 vision according to their ad. Singaporeans have done it to themselves again. Stop giving business to this sort of airlines that have biased against singaporeans.

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think the reason they are recruiting Indians is because they could speak and understand English better than the PRCs. Otherwise, the job offers could go to the Chinese. Both are the only scums in this world who will work for crumbs.

myo539

Alfrescian
Loyal
SIA looking for overseas pilots and other jobs is nothing unsual. After exhausting first cut to hire Sporeans, SIA is looking for more pilots overseas for its expanding fleet. If not India, could be from China, Philippines or Bangladesh. Anything usual?

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Bro u funny lah :biggrin: Next time SIA food supplies will come direct from Muthu's curry. Free flow of popudum(pardon my spelling) and rice then Mutabak available on request. then our little India will stretch from Serangoon to Hougang. Now Sengkang New India immigrants quite significant liao. With this bunch coming in, hmm....... not just sales of flats will increase, medicated oil, face mask and deodorant will increase as well. Sianzzz....

Papadum, dosai, dhal, chapati...then the plane will smell like cardamon, cloves, fennel & the keklings boarding will feel at home. Be warned, bed bugs will be the unseen passengers.

The pilot will be muthusamy s/o pillai o samy...while your head stewardess will be Tangacik Picharcherry...Vanickam!

Last edited:

tua lam pah

Alfrescian
Loyal
probably some senior ah neh got a top job in SIA so looking for his own countrymen to build his empire in SIA.....
happens all the time in all MNCs
the country is gone.....

streetsmart73

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
hi there

1. it is all some moneytalking!
2. literally, it is cheaper and abundant manpower in ah neh country.
3. no doubt about: sia equates stinky indian airlines in no time!

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
singapore is for foreigner.

they should sing this song in NDP instead, instead of the usual shit.

erection2015

Alfrescian (InfP) + C
believe me, they have not exhausted the local pilot talent pool....not by any stretch of the imagination. They just want to cream off the '' best '' applicants in India and Hongkong. They already have very many Malaysians too and a sprinkling of ang mohs who agree to join on local terms. :(

SIA looking for overseas pilots and other jobs is nothing unsual. After exhausting first cut to hire Sporeans, SIA is looking for more pilots overseas for its expanding fleet. If not India, could be from China, Philippines or Bangladesh. Anything usual?

pallkia

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think the reason they are recruiting Indians is because they could speak and understand English better than the PRCs. Otherwise, the job offers could go to the Chinese. Both are the only scums in this world who will work for crumbs.

How can u compare China from India?China is a growing superpower in the same league as Japan,Germany and USA.India is still mired in absolute poor never seen before in my whole life when I visited the 2 countries!

BTW,why is our prestigious SIA lowering their standard by recruiting from a absolute poor country?

borom

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Safe to fly? Indian pilots accused of faking credentialsBy Ben Mutzabaugh, USA TODAYUpdated 03/28/2011 5:52 AM

India is reviewing the licenses of all .....4,000 pilots working there for "irregularities," a move that comes amid charges that more than a dozen pilots used falsified credentials for their jobs....
...Indian aviation authorities revoked "the licenses of 15 commercial pilots for exaggerating their flying time during training," ......

..... "police have arrested four pilots with fake aviation licenses in the past two weeks, leading to concerns about unqualified pilots endangering the lives of thousands of travelers. ...the government ....failing to prevent corruption in licensing."

.... a female captain landed her packed airliner on the nose instead of the rear wheels as she touched down ..... Parminder Kaur Gulati,.....eventually arrested for flying with falsified qualifications. ......pilot had several similar incidents on her record, but they had been kept from airline regulators, ........

.... a familiar problem in India, where corruption is widely seen as on the rise: most things, even qualifications for highly skilled jobs, can be bought at a price."

That's apparently not the only ongoing concern in Indian aviation.

..... there also "have been a series of scandals involving Indian airline pilots recently -.......authorities said that they were taking action against 57 pilots who had reported for duty drunk over the past two years."........................

http://travel.usatoday.com/flights/post/2011/03/india-pilot-scandal/149364/1

First it was S-chips from China with fake accounts, than Filipino IT staff with fake degrees, and coming next drunk Indian FT pilots with fake license.
Way to go PAP.
Did you hear Tony Tan mention anything on the flooding of this red dot with poor quality immigrants?

Last edited:

The Philistine

Alfrescian
Loyal
believe me, they have not exhausted the local pilot talent pool....not by any stretch of the imagination. They just want to cream off the '' best '' applicants in India and Hongkong. They already have very many Malaysians too and a sprinkling of ang mohs who agree to join on local terms. :(

A friend, who is undergoing pilot training with asSIA, told me that it actually had an cohort of ah-nehs before this ad was run. Every one of the motherfuckers ended up failing the course. It does not make sense to import more trash from bloody India only for the fuckers to fail and waste $ and yet they are doing it again. Obviously some shithead in the upper echelons of asSIA is fucking determined to stuff cartloads of shit into cockpits. Hell will freeze over before I fly asSIA.