• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

SIA cabin crew unhappy with allowance changes

kongkek

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro if change with significant amount, esp yen, it really means alot..
sorry if i offend you bro, what i meant to say is that a lot of jobs have this "currency risk" associated, this is their first in many years...not so doom and gloom lah

No_Collar

Alfrescian
Loyal
The current cabin crew union are a bunch of twits who cares about their looks and reputation. They are nothing compared to their predecessors who fought hard for the welfare of their fellow peers. The current ones are just a bunch of pussies sinkies!! Pui pui pui!

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
During the proceedings which were telecast, Choh Boh Lim Croc Tears (in his capacity of NTUC rep and hence a Board Director of SIA) sat next to LKY like a timid school boy who was caught stealing candy from the school canteen and uttered not a single word throughout the session. Used to see him flying first class, once with his mother on SQ flights. KNN. He was totally useless in managing the people and the process. Ah well, he was good enought to organise LKY's 80th birthday celebrations though.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Unhappy can always look for another airline to work in. Plenty of choices out there. But I must say there are those lucky cabin crews who got hooked up with rich people during their course of work.

Back when it was still every girls dream was to join SIA I knew this girl who was rejected by SIA. She ended up joining Cathay Pacific & the job did give her the oppurtunity to meet & marry her rich angmo husband.

That was in the old days. Nowadays there might be more rich chinese & indians flying SIA but I doubt the Spore girl would be as enthusiastic:wink:

Enforcer

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Back when it was still every girls dream was to join SIA I knew this girl who was rejected by SIA. She ended up joining Cathay Pacific & the job did give her the oppurtunity to meet & marry her rich angmo husband.

That was in the old days. Nowadays there might be more rich chinese & indians flying SIA but I doubt the Spore girl would be as enthusiastic:wink:

Just look at the crews from those budget airlines. Any Tom, dick or Harry can be an aircrew today :biggrin:

Travellor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Especially if hes an ah neh and had too much alcohol.

Sat next to this CCB mainlander pundek who kept asking for his wine to be topped up....c mon man....just because they served a damm nice pauillac doesnt mean that you breathe in bottle after bottle right?

Fucking low class pundek is one of the most troublesome bastards i'd ever seen in business class......

no wonder all the airlines crew hate them....

Kohliantye

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Choh Boh Lim Croc Tears (in his capacity of NTUC rep and hence a Board Director of SIA) sat next to LKY like a timid school boy who was caught stealing candy from the school canteen and uttered not a single word throughout the session. Used to see him flying first class, once with his mother on SQ flights. KNN. He was totally useless in managing the people and the process. Ah well, he was good enought to organise LKY's 80th birthday celebrations though.

Any salary paid to him as NTUC Rep and also as a Board of Director of SIA then, besides his MP "allowance"?

Flying first-class is unbecoming of top civil "SERVANTS" like this people. It clearly shows that they have far too much of money and even their Mothers are enjoying it so much. I do not want to compare the "porkies" of Animal Farm.

Organising birthdays of dieties is a common practise in Taoist temples for people believe that such an action gives them more "merit-points" and "cleanses past sins".

Someone should write a book about such a tale.

Instead of calling it "SINGAPORE COMMUNAL FARM" it would be better to call it "MYSTERIOUS ISLAND In The FAR EAST".

Forummers can start by drawing a "Pyramid" just like the one on American currency notes and our Parliament roof. Do you know there is a meaning to such a shape!!!

Start from the apex right till the bottom. Insert the characters and their "responsibilities" on it.

Then start to write a book.

Who knows George Orwell may move too or jump out to charge the writer for plagiarism.

Last edited:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Cutting cost, no innovation. Cannot survive real competition !

Just look at the crews from those budget airlines. Any Tom, dick or Harry can be an aircrew today :biggrin:

SIA is still flying on it's past achievements. Today unless you are flying business you can get better service on many other airlines.

The problem is probably with it's expensive management. How much are paper generals being paid:confused: Who is paying for the special treatment VIPs get: e.g. special flight for returning a certain couple to Spore? All these are "costs" that add to the bottom line.

For an airline it's front line staff is very important & if you cut down on these people you will end up with a budget airline.

GeylangPimp

Alfrescian
Loyal

Good for your friend.

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
For example, the allowance for a five-day trip to London used to be about S$900 but has now decreased to about S$650.

Nabei 5 day trip allowance $650 still kpkb. Wait kena sack go clear table 1 mth salary might not even have $650 .

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The current cabin crew union are a bunch of twits who cares about their looks and reputation. They are nothing compared to their predecessors who fought hard for the welfare of their fellow peers. The current ones are just a bunch of pussies sinkies!! Pui pui pui!

One pilot had tried to fight hard for the welfare of his peers. He is now in exile in Australia.

I guess the fear had spread to the cabin crew.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
SIA is still flying on it's past achievements. Today unless you are flying business you can get better service on many other airlines.

The problem is probably with it's expensive management. How much are paper generals being paid:confused: Who is paying for the special treatment VIPs get: e.g. special flight for returning a certain couple to Spore? All these are "costs" that add to the bottom line.

For an airline it's front line staff is very important & if you cut down on these people you will end up with a budget airline.

I think SIA can definitely afford to pay its cabin crew and pilots better if it gets rid of those SAF paper scholar trash who had been parachuted from elsewhere. They are deadweights and parasites on the payroll.