• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Shouldn't there be a Singaporean first......RSAF Open house

lifeafter41

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Writing this as attended the RSAF open house yesterday at paya lebar airbase. While there is a lot of people, noticed there is a lot of foreigners too.

Firstly, the ns guys are definitely all Singaporeans, if the open house is 2 days, one day should be catered to Singaporeans only or else what is our ns guys defending. While they are defending our skies, but when it comes to jobs, they are competing with these foreigners. Then defend for what?.

Maybe from a regulars point of view, it does not really affect them, so it's alright with them. Unlike if one is in the private sector, where the ns guys will be in eventually , where you have to compete with all the lock stock and barrel that is allowed to come in........

Just want to quote this line that I saw previously in this forum......
Jobs for foreigners......ns for Singaporeans.

Meanwhile just to add on, the open house was in my opinion, pretty successful, in the sense, it's quite well organized.

Took the shuttle from eunos bus interchange, thought the q was long, it was quite fast. Though I find it quite silly, that they were screening everybody at the security checkpoint, quite the same like you encounter in Singapore airport.

Kudos to the organisers and the NS guys......

Last edited: