• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Should there be Presidential By-Election?

jeesus

Alfrescian
Loyal
Let's say hypothetical results as follows:

TT: 29-30%
TCB: 29-30%
TJS: 29-30%
TKL: 10-13%

None of the candidates has a clear mandate, but there is a winner. Shouldn't there be a by-election where only two top scoring candidates compete again?

I still can't see how a candidate with less than 50% mandate can be considered an elected president...

cass888

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singapore no run-off election. Even if result is like this:

Tan Cheng Bock -600,001
Tan Jee Say - 600,001
Tan Kin Lian - 600,001
Tony Tan - 600,001

Yam Ah Mee will just decide on how to draw lots to decide the winner.

None of the candidates has a clear mandate, but there is a winner. Shouldn't there be a by-election where only two top scoring candidates compete again?

I still can't see how a candidate with less than 50% mandate can be considered an elected president...

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Cannot be la. 2.3 million vote. 2 person get the same number of vote. That like 1/1trillion.

jeesus

Alfrescian
Loyal
The paradox here is IF TCB or TJS wins with less than 50%, the mandate may be legitimate because many voters are torn between the two. On the other hand if TT wins with less than 50% that is very embarrassing, definitely not a legitimate mandate.

I suspect if the results are very close, and recounts do not allow TT to emerge victorious, and he comes in second place, a by-election may be called.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset

No not like this. By election is after TJS became president and was sued by the evil regime for the things he said during the PE campaign and faced impeachment and arrested under ISA. Then by-election was called but only TT get COE.