• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Should the Rotary Club Play Politics?

csi88

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is the job of the government and not Rotary Club. Furthermore,why they chose to do it at this time? For 20 years !!!!!!!!! No sound No Picture,then suddenly pop out to donate.What is their objectives????

RonRon

Alfrescian
Loyal
Desmond Choo and Rotary Club to roll out ‘Friendlier Homes Project’ to help needy eld

PAP candidate for Hougang Desmond Choo (pic left) will be collaborating with the Rotary Club to roll out a ‘Friendlier Homes Project’ to help needy elderly residents in Hougang.

Mr Choo has spent the last few months walking the ground in Hougang and talking to residents to identify their needs before submitting a proposal to the Rotary Club of Singapore for its consideration.

Though Mr Choo lost to WP’s Yaw Shin Leong in the May General Election last year, he started work in Hougang immediately after his defeat and had been working hard in the last one month, especially so after Yaw went ‘AWOLed’ after he was sacked from WP for his failure to address swirling rumors about his alleged extramarital affairs with multiple married women including two key WP female leaders.

In a letter addressed to Mr Choo, the President of the Rotary Club of Singapore Tapan Kumar Rao wrote that he was impressed by Mr Choo’s involvement in identifying the needs of Hougang elderly residents and in campaigning for them to get involved in improving their lives.

The long-term projects involved raising funds to retrofit toilets to make them friendly for the elderly and an ‘adopt a grandparent’ program to bridge the young and old in society.

Rotary Club is a non-government organization which is not owned or linked to the government in anyway. It obtains its funds largely from well-wisher and donation drives.

desmondrotary.jpg

Some responses from Hougang residents on Mr Desmond Choo’s Facebook page:

“He didn’t use Tax Payers money to help the needy, he didn’t ask for any funds from his Party to spend on Hougang residents, his action attracted all the charitable organisations to come forward willingly to help and support his plans. Rotary Club’s letter is a good testimonial. Why are we still doubting him?” – Jimmy Cheang

“A job well done! we’re seeing more initiatives in Hougang even before Desmond is voted in than we have for Aljunied after WP promised to do better than the previous party… perhaps some people should just stop boasting about the new talents they have AND PUT SOME WORDS INTO ACTION. we don’t need lip service in Singapore. we need people who truly want to serve, and not say they want to serve every 5 yrs after submitting their nomination papers! Good job Desmond Choo! You’re the best choice for Hougang!” – Kong Junjie

“朱倍庆辛苦奔波为贫困的后港居民谋求福利,这本来就是某某某需要做而没有做的义举,唉!等到朱先生做到了,他们才来冷嘲热讽,太过份了。枉费后港居民支持了他们二十年!” – Angelia See

RonRon

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Desmond Choo and Rotary Club to roll out ‘Friendlier Homes Project’ to help needy

LTK keep saying the WP cannot do more for the residents because they lack funding. Why isn't the WP working with organization such as Rotary Club?

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Desmond Choo and Rotary Club to roll out ‘Friendlier Homes Project’ to help needy

... Why isn't the WP working with organization such as Rotary Club?
goot question! ...

a club like rotary shud never align demselves 2 any political party ... y shud rotary b doing tis now? ... wat r their motives? ... y did dey allow demselves 2 b made part of ze propaganda of a political party? ...

dey shud cum clean wif it! ...

members of rotary club shud call 4 n eogm immediately n question their offis bearers on tis ... n sack all of dem wifout hesitance, if necessary ... :mad:

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset

a club like rotary shud never align demselves 2 any political party ...

bwahahahahahahaa... all opposition parties take note!!! Rotary Club got funds for you guys to tap on!!! they love to help the public!!! MAI TU LIAO!!! :p:p:p

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Thanks RonRon for providing this info. Went to the Rotary SG website and guess what I see?

http://www.rotary.org.sg/index.html

EYA2011 DPM & Rotarians.jpg
Wah! Rotary club got very strong back mountain leh. No wonder DC choose Rotary.

Kinana

Alfrescian
Loyal

Why would the honourable Rotary club want to waste well wishers' money and align with a non transparent party like WP?

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Why would the honourable Rotary club want to waste well wishers' money and align with a non transparent party like WP?

Thats the because they are an organization full of PAP por lumpars..

Many of their members are businessmen.. They need the backing of their PAP Political Masters for their businesses to survive in Spore..

roadster

Alfrescian
Loyal

Who are in Rotary Club and how possibly do these ppl relate to anyone in politics ?

Sponsor via DC not related to BE at this point in time ? Hahahahahahah.......hahahahahahaha.......

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

LTK keep saying the WP cannot do more for the residents because they lack funding. Why isn't the WP working with organization such as Rotary Club?

It is signes by an INDIAN..need we say more?? ok! The PCF kindergarten, can it be used for political functions? like hosting a certain political party BE? or elections??
or using the PCF premises for meet the________ sessions?? aren't these educational fascilities..

upgrading the toliets, aren't these the landlord duty??...why does the Rotary Club get involves?? does all the Rotary club members voted to allow their funds to be used for a political cause? is Hougang a Charity Case??

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

The Rotary Club is just a business/professional/community-oriented, gender inclusive cousin organization of the Freemasons.

RotWheelCircle.jpg

Any questions?

wikiphile

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

I've worked with them before and they are neutral for community events, be it on PAP or WP's turf. However not all volunteer groups are aligned with any political party.

http://happyangelclub.wordpress.com/

Police Report No. A/20120523/2006

Name of Informant : Jane Lim

Date/Time of Incident : 19-5-2012 14:30-16:30

I am a volunteer from a non-organisation, independent volunteering group namely-Happy Angel Seniors programme.

On 19-5-2012 at about 1430hrs, my volunteering group had a void deck elderly event at Blk2 Hougang Ave 3 whereby the volunteers were distributing groceries to the elderly residences of the surrounding blocks within Hougang Ave 3 vicinity. We were unaware that the Prime Minister, Mr.Lee Hsian long, together with People’s Action Party member, Mr.Desmond Choo, will be passing by the block which the event was held at.

At about 1600hrs, while we were still distributing the groceries, mr.Lee and

Mr Choo passed by our event site and drop by to pay visit to the elderly. After which, he left.

On 20-5-2012, our volunteers started to call and informed me that Lianhe Zaobao had wrote an article on the headlines about Mr. Lee and Mr Choo’s visit to the event. However, when they read about the caption written under the photograph of Mr. lee and Mr.Choo’s, it stated in one of the sentence that my volunteering group is from a Volunteers Welfare Organisation (VWO) and we co-cooperate with the Workers’ Party. However, we are not. As such, I called Singapore Press Holding (SPH) to clarify about this and later the reporter namely Chua Eng Wee ,who reported about this, called me and I was told by him that someone had given this information and he was instructed to write this by that person. I asked him about why he did not clarify first before publishing and he told me that it was too late to verify as the information came in too late and he was sorry about this. I tried to ask him more about who gave this information and he refused to tell me about it initially until I prompted him further and he told me that someone within the Grassroot had instructed him to write about this so that they can show to the public that both the People’s Action Party and Workers Party are able to work with each other in harmony and state my event as a Workers Party join organized event. I then tried to clarify this with him and he was willing to give a disclaimer regarding this issue. He later asked me about how the disclaimer was going to be publishing on the newspaper. It stated that SPH is sorry about the wrongly published issue regarding my volunteering group is from VWO and Co-operate with the Workers’ Party. After reading the SMS he sent to me about the disclaimer hew was going to publish on the following day. I agreed and allowed him to publish on what he had told me about.

On the 21-5-2012, I read the disclaimer column of Lianhe Zaobao. However, it did not state that they wrongly published about the photograph caption and they were sorry about it which earlier I had agreed with reporter

Chua Eng Wee. I contacted Chua Eng Wee about this and I was told that his chief editor had removed this. I asked him about who is his chief editor? However, her refused to tell me and I had no choice but to hang up the call. Later that night, I posted this issue on Mr. Lee’s facebook wall and Zaobao Forum and sent an email to both REACH and Lianhe Zaobao.

On 22-5-2012 at about 0800 hrs. I sent an SMS to the reporter Chua Eng Wee and informing him about I had sent an email to REACH and Lianhe Zaobao and the posting on Zaobao forum was being deleted. I wish to have SPH to apologise about this or else we have to take our legal action regarding this issue. However, Chua Eng Wee did not reply till now.

I wish to state that my volunteering goup-Happy Angel Seniors Programme, does not side with any political parties as we are an independent volunteering group and it is unfair that Lianhe Zaobao was able to be influence by other sources which was not being verified by the actual situation. I strongly request Lianhe Zaobao to give an apology to this issue and to be publish on the newspaper front page. If not, we will be taking civil action against Lianhe Zaobao and seek sponsorship from PM Lee for the fees.

That is all.

Last edited:

bryanlim1972

Alfrescian
Loyal

The Rotary Club is just a business/professional/community-oriented, gender inclusive cousin organization of the Freemasons.

RotWheelCircle.jpg

Any questions?

so count the PAP as another entity of power that has been infiltrated by the freemasons. what happened to their old HQ along coleman street?