• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

should lee bee wah be sacked?

grunt72

Alfrescian
Loyal
indeed now tis pt, it's all dark. but it's indeed oso strange Jamban Lee can't wait to smack Anthony Lee down. Even Backside Teo Chee Hian act blur say no detail.

Sthg tell me Anthony n Jamban got into some kindda of verbal disagreement, n Jamban want his head. If tis is true, Anthony must must insulted Jamban's inexperience n still wanna ya ya. Of course Anthony might oredy been black mark by some evil PAP masters n Jamban Lee is the instrument to do the dirty deed. Btw, Anthony is no angel him self fer those who dun know.

Hell has no fury like a woman scorned

Jamban has oso been seen 2b the sort of person to brown nose higher authority wif uncouth remarks. She's rather childish.

I agree that there's more behind the scene than what the public has read abt in the papers. Antony certainly no saint and def it has something to do with what happened during the previous mgmt at STTA (Choo Wee Khiang and gang). So it is simply bad timing and luck for Antony that the Gao Ning incident happened and got the whole issue blown up...Good for him as he is now the HERO and victim in public eye whilst LBW is the villain. Maybe LBW is trying to set somethings straight and get the STTA on the right track after many years of undertable dealings etc etc. Public will never know the full details. Ask those in the know abt sports and especially the more experienced sports people involved in table tennis...a lot of grey area matters have happened inside and I am certain that the Team mgr is part of the legacy. He was not highly regarded at SSC and was on the verge of leaving due to bad grades and no prospects before he managed to score the STTA secondment. This is a fact I heard from insiders at SSC...no lie :smile:

The_Latest_H

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sack the manager w/o any investigation just to make some the scagoat

SHould she be sacked?

she should resign as MP for AMK GRC also

also look at her yaya attidude when interview on national TV

Pretty much so. After all, why appoint an MP as a company director in the first place? All this trouble is bound to happen once an MP becomes a part-time director.

There's so much conflict in interests that there's no basis for ethnics. I mean, these people aren't delivering babies; they are managers and directors of state owned companies part time, on top of being MPs, which is their day job.

JHolmesJr

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sometimes, people have to be sacked. Chiefs have the right to pick their own people they're comfortable with. But there should be due consideration for harmony and also issues of face and above all, grace. None of which were sadly present during these events. Very unsportsmanlike.

Kings

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is quite normal for managers and coaches to come and go in sports,whether they performed or not. The player was also the catalyst by criticizing the organisation. If we look at EPL, if a player criticises his team mates or club, he is usually slapped with a fine or suspended.

I would think everyone shares the blame. The poor contingency for the coach in the first place, can't a player or official stand in as the coach? He may not be qualified, but if there is someone stand-in at least it doesn't look bad on the player. It kind of shows that he is not a medal hope and no chances with or without a coach there. The player should not have let his emotions take over and spilling the beans. If he was that good, he should have won even without a coach there anyway. He needs to be chided for washing the dirty linen in public. The announcement of the change in people was untimely and not exactly well handled. Why immediately after the incident is the change announced and not before the games if it was already decided?

The team spirit is definitely lacking. I may not be an Olympian, but I do know that a team wins together and loses together. If a few people are singled out for some mistakes, it is bad for team integrity, might as well train individually and take personal credit or criticism. Read some reports that one of the medal winners may be going back to China. Not surprising after what happened.

i1u12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Whatever it is President should have a sense of priority. What to say and when to say! Who can't shoot off from the hip? Even can't do that u say loh?

Z

Zombie

If he was that good, he should have won even without a coach there anyway.

Many people wrongly hold this view.

A good trainer will psych up his players' mental strength just before the competition. Missing coach has the opposite draining effect.

Why they need 4 coaches to mentally prepare the 2 girls for a whole day?

PissNPiss

Alfrescian
Loyal

A good trainer will psych up his players' mental strength just before the competition. Missing coach has the opposite draining effect.

The coach is like PAP, focus those who can win medals (scholars) and neglect the Gao (non-scholars and peasants) who is unlikely to score.

Kings

Alfrescian
Loyal
I agree coaches are important for training and preparation, but on the match day it depends on the player. If coaches were that important, hiring top notch coaches for every sport would have brought more medals. In other individual sports like tennis, bowling etc. When the game starts, the players are all by themselves, and the performance does not lie on the coach but on the player.

Last edited:

Loongsam

Alfrescian
Loyal
There is a lot that a table tennis coach can do with time-out.

http://tabletennis.about.com/od/matchplayadvice/a/timeouts.htm

Missing coach gives the player an impression that there is no point fighting.

Do you watch tennis matches? Got coach or not?
What about badminton matches? Got coach or not?

Finally, have you watched Gao Ning's match against the Croatian Chinese?
He sucks big time. He is just giving a lame excuse about the coach deserting him.

LBW blew her top and commented to the press like some vampire looking for blood. She deserved it. The whole STTA sucks, top down all the way to the players. Nothing else to say.

PissNPiss

Alfrescian
Loyal
There is a lot that a table tennis coach can do with time-out.

http://tabletennis.about.com/od/matchplayadvice/a/timeouts.htm

Missing coach gives the player an impression that there is no point fighting.

Unless the player is mentally very strong, but i think in a big game like this, every player need moral support to keep he/her going. Come to think of it, if Gao won, it would be a big embarrassment to the coach and the officers that involved.

Manchu

Alfrescian
Loyal

He sucks big time. He is just giving a lame excuse about the coach deserting him.

LBW blew her top and commented to the press like some vampire looking for blood. She deserved it. The whole STTA sucks, top down all the way to the players. Nothing else to say.

The only things that's left to say is .... its ENDGAME for Bee Wah. If she truly is sincere she should put country before self interest, put Singapore's table tennis interest before self interest......She should step down VOLUNTARILY. She can still contribute by becoming an advisor to STTA.

She has blemished her image and reputation by her actions and demerits of her insensitivity and lack of basic human relationship skills. It will be difficult for her to lead STTA successfully in the tasks ahead. In a country like Singapore where the rule of law prevails, leaders (and I am saying this from a non-political perspective) earn the right the lead and NOT because they are merely installed there by the compassion (or passion) of the powers of the land.

PissNPiss

Alfrescian
Loyal
She has blemished her image and reputation by her actions and demerits of her insensitivity and lack of basic human relationship skills. It will be difficult for her to lead STTA successfully in the tasks ahead. In a country like Singapore where the rule of law prevails, leaders (and I am saying this from a non-political perspective) earn the right the lead and NOT because they are merely installed there by the compassion (or passion) of the powers of the land.

If Ah Hua think that by getting 20 sponsors to support STTA and her programmes and with her vision, she will gets what she wants. I guess her analogy is like GRC system, put all together and then walkover - and won.
If that's so simple, India would have won at least 40 gold medals. :eek:

Kid278

Alfrescian
Loyal

Very well said, LBW failed to see it and yet blew her top. She ought to step down.:p

Cheers.:biggrin:

joker88

Alfrescian
Loyal
Maybe that is why there are less women in top management in companies everywhere. Women sometimes are more emotional and they blow their top easily. They cannot control their emotions unlike men. Jamban Lee should control her emotions then and investigate the matter before talking to the press and blow her top. What a stupid thing to do as an MP. Without GRC, I am not sure how many new PAP MPs will lose their seat if they stand alone for voting. All these new PAP MPs hide under the GRC which is normally led by a minister. Bo lan pa. :rolleyes:

rodent2005

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hello, you sleeping or something? The decision to sack the Team Manager was taken BEFORE the Olympics. The "Gao Ning" incident had nothing to do with it.

Z

Zombie

Table tennis got table.

Do you watch tennis matches? Got table or not?
What about badminton matches? Got table or not?

The point is, different games got different rules. :p