• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Should I deal with the most obnoxious members of this forum?

Should I deal with the most obnoxious characters in this forum?

• Total voters

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
no name how to offer them my apology personally. tiu.

i also can show u some anonymous email telling me i have done a good job fucking that fat ass and ask me to be more obnoxious. :biggrin:

I didn't send that but I won't mind an apology from U :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

dankos

Sam, honestly I don't see the point of this poll. The people you are trying to ban has multiple nicks. They will have multiple voting power. So it is a confirm deal that your poll will give the result not to remove them. So your poll got no point one right?

I am sitting this one out also. Sometimes they piss me off with their repeat flamings. Sometimes they are quite funny which makes my day.

You are the boss. You can decide how you want your forum to become. You paid for it afterall. You have every right to decide what kind of forummers you want.

annexa,

this is an open poll leh. can see your vote one u know. thanks for the negative feedback anyway.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Sam, honestly I don't see the point of this poll. The people you are trying to ban has multiple nicks. They will have multiple voting power. So it is a confirm deal that your poll will give the result not to remove them. So your poll got no point one right?

I am sitting this one out also. Sometimes they piss me off with their repeat flamings. Sometimes they are quite funny which makes my day.

You are the boss. You can decide how you want your forum to become. You paid for it afterall. You have every right to decide what kind of forummers you want.

I'm not trying to ban anyone. All I'm trying to do is gauge whether it is necessary for me to exercise some form of control over the content. At the moment, I hardly do a thing. I hand out an infraction or two once in a while but it's mainly for "quoting the whole post" or "ugly large fonts" but that's about it.

If I do decide to control content, it will be by placing offenders in moderation mode so that all their garbage is held in the moderation queue. I can then release ONE copy of their repetitive garbage and dump the rest in the trash. In other words, they have had their say but they don't need to say the same thing 10 times in one thread or in 10 different threads.

No matter what I do, it's not going to please everyone but hey! that's life!

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
What about ivebert's stalking of Goh Meng Seng before his own identity was exposed? Acceptable?

==

if Goh Meng Seng want to post under Goh Meng Seng ...he shld be prepared for these types of treatment...similarly if LKY is bold enough to come in and post as LKY...then he better be prepared for whatever paparazzi actions surrounding him...look at the stuff they get on their facebook fan page.

this is the price to pay for being a "public figure"...if tomorrow, i am being exposed as the CEO of SMRT...i dare tell you i will be heckled like no tomorrow.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
pls name the whiny cry babies which r offended by my posts. i want to pm them personally to apologise to them and to encourage them to post. if u cannot name u are simply making it up.

The poll isn't about you. You're just being used as an example.

There are two sides to this debate. On one side are those that urge me to exercise at least some form of moderation. They argue that the forum will become better if it appears that there is actually somebody in charge. The impression they have now is that anarchy reigns and that doing nothing to control the situation will only lead to the forum degenerating further.

On the other side of the room are those who enjoy being able to pretty much post what they like.. something they don't enjoy in most other forums. They feel that surviving here should follow the laws of natural selection where only the fittest survive and that those who can't handle the rough and tumble should simply fuck off to some other place in cyberspace where they have mummy and daddy to hold their hand.

Both sides have valid points. I have already cast my vote. I'm now collecting data to gauge what a broader segment of the membership feel about the issue.

dankos

My Reputation: 527
Join Date Aug 2008
Location xxx
Posts 8,100
Rep Power 12

after some detective work, i managed to decipher who this guy is:biggrin:

singveld, u the complaint queen. :eek:

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
I can even list all these possible superheroes, vigilantes call them what you want, those with (inf). Can't be breach of privacy as info is accessible. :biggrin:

You can guess, you can shortlist, you can deduce. However, I have not revealed the nick.:wink:

BTW the guy who sent me that PM wasn't complaining about members insulting each other. He was asking how I could tolerate being abused by a member of my own forum.

Spock

Alfrescian
Loyal
My opinion is no because
1) You will then have to start defining what is acceptable and/or what is not acceptable. A lot of people like myself use this forum to let off steam and not have to think too much about what I am posting all the time.

2) It violates the freedom of speech principle which to me, is more important than the irritation of obnoxious or inconsiderate behaviour.

3) Without a little bit of chaos and messiness, this place would soon become as sterile as SG.

However, I do have the following concerns:
I have no problems with insults as long as they don't degenerate into threats to inflict bodily harm in real life. The other issue is that personal details of others should not be posted unless permission has been granted by the owner. Although the thread with ivebert being exposed was highly entertaining, on hindsight, I think I would prefer that he was not exposed and could continue posting, regardless of how annoying he may be. Similarly for Char_Azn. Those would be only lines I would draw. My guide is that I do not want anyone to be silenced for fear of his safety or well-being.

So to me, it doesn't matter how obnoxious the member is as long as he does not issue threats to inflict injury or death in real life and that he does not post the personal details of others. If he does this, then his account should be closed permanently and all his posts deleted if he does not heed warnings. Anyone who saves a copy of his posts and wilfully reposts them should face the same action.

Last edited:

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The poll isn't about you. You're just being used as an example.

There are two sides to this debate. On one side are those that urge me to exercise at least some form of moderation. They argue that the forum will become better if it appears that there is actually somebody in charge. The impression they have now is that anarchy reigns and that doing nothing to control the situation will only lead to the forum degenerating further.

On the other side of the room are those who enjoy being able to pretty much post what they like.. something they don't enjoy in most other forums. They feel that surviving here should follow the laws of natural selection where only the fittest survive and that those who can't handle the rough and tumble should simply fuck off to some other place in cyberspace where they have mummy and daddy to hold their hand.

Both sides have valid points. I have already cast my vote. I'm now collecting data to gauge what a broader segment of the membership feel about the issue.

==

u r damm right...if u cannot stand the heckling here...ps fuck off....planet sammyboy is no place for strawberries.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
2) It violates the freedom of speech principle which to me, is more important than the irritation of obnoxious or inconsiderate behaviour.

Many members, yourself included, don't seem to understand the concept of freedom of speech. Freedom of speech doesn't give on the right to be obnoxious, hurl expletives and make a bloody nuisance of yourself. Try doing that in even the most liberal of democracies and you'll be dealt with in no uncertain terms.

"Freedom of speech" simply means that you have every right to air your views and give your opinions regardless of what they might be or that they fly in the face of authority. It's not a license to be disgusting, rude and vulgar.

Supposing you started a thread and I replied with 30 copies of the same message as follows :

Spock you mudder fucking chee bye arsehole loser. Go fuck your mothers stinking cunt KNNNCCB

shit.jpg

Every single time you start a thread or post a message, this is what you get in response. Are you telling me that this is part and parcel of "freedom of speech"???? It may be to you but to me it's nothing more than graffiti.

Raiders

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
You can guess, you can shortlist, you can deduce. However, I have not revealed the nick.:wink:

BTW the guy who sent me that PM wasn't complaining about members insulting each other. He was asking how I could tolerate being abused by a member of my own forum.

I know I might offend the powerful cliques here and get zapped badly but I must still say it.

Boss, I have only 6 words to describe this person who pm you. 唯恐天下不乱。It reminds me of the ancient time when a eunuch will go to the Emperor's bedside and comment, 'the peasants are saying that your brother will make a better Emperor'
And we all knows what will happen to the Emperor's brother.

Last edited:

dankos

then thats not me ok. even thou i fuck fat ass a lot of times, my posting not cut n paste one hor. i can put in some effort to type ok. my insults got vary a little bit.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Many members, yourself included, don't seem to understand the concept of freedom of speech. Freedom of speech doesn't give on the right to be obnoxious, hurl expletives and make a bloody nuisance of yourself. Try doing that in even the most liberal of democracies and you'll be dealt with in no uncertain terms.

"Freedom of speech" simply means that you have every right to air your views and give your opinions regardless of what they might be or that they fly in the face of authority. It's not a license to be disgusting, rude and vulgar.

Supposing you started a thread and I replied with 30 copies of the same message as follows :

[/CENTER]
Every single time you start a thread or post a message, this is what you get in response. Are you telling me that this is part and parcel of "freedom of speech"????

A sinkie low life is of 3rd world rated, especially those uneducated PAP loser type.

They just cannot fit in to being first world, that is why they need to come in here to air their 3rd world sinkie behavior and delude themselves thinking that they are so cool , high and almighty.

What a bunch of sinkie morons.

All the stuffs i say here is the truth but some sinkie just cannot swallow it. hehehhe and then display their 3rd world uneducated sinkie behavior here for all to see and you can see how ugly it is.

Spock

Alfrescian
Loyal

Well, I have no problems with such spamming as long as I can ignore whoever puts up such posts. The point is that as long as there is already a way to deal with such people, then I am ok with it. Look at it this way, whoever is putting up those offensive posts is putting forth a view too, simply that he thinks you should be ridiculed no matter what you post. If enough forummers start ignoring him, he will soon die a natural death. The only problem is that many like to take it personally and go after the perpetrator which is exactly the attention he wanted in the first place.

Last edited:

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
this forum is like the ghettos of oakland and richmond. police shy away for fear of getting shot at. residents stay home and shutter doors and windows with grill, plywood and sandbags. nobody comes forward when someone is shot as no one dares to snitch on any gangbanger for fear of retribution. even with witnesses, cops can't do anything as no one raises a hand in public, but everyone raises the middle finger in private. anyone trying to do good gets shot at, just like one of the latest victims who volunteered himself and family to distribute goodies to the homeless and destitute. they just didn't shoot him; they shot the entire family. the two latest victims were innocent residents in their car waiting for the garage gates to open. the gate took 10 seconds to open, but bullets fly in nanoseconds. everyday and night, kids get shot, just trying to go to school and return from it. anyone who walks half a mile will face half a clip of bullets. riding in a cop car is a desired privilege. even that is not safe. the chief of the oakland police department applied for the job in san jose but was rejected. his resume is all over the bay area, state and country looking for a better place to land. he can't wait to get out. if oakland and richmond do not go under curfew, declared a war zone and have thugs and gangbangers locked up for good, they will descend the way of mexico into utter anarchy and destruction where those with more obsessive dementia, damaged brain cells, cronies, clones and guns will rule.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
It reminds me of the ancient time when a eunuch will go to the Emperor's bedside and comment, 'the peasants are saying that your brother will make a better Emperor'
And we all knows what will happen to the Emperor's brother.

Not an appropriate analogy. All he was saying was that I should exercise some authority. In real life, if abuse his hurled at a person in charge and there is no response, the mob will get bolder as they see for themselves that challenging authority has no consequences. That's how regimes are brought down.:biggrin: