• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Should CST still go for the next election?

sunsetkid

Alfrescian
Loyal
LKY 12 yrs older .

I think CST got poisoned by either all the dinners or the
water in Potong Pasir no good for drinking .

*cough*
CST been staying at the coronation area for god knows how many decades.
last time i see him jogging often with his dog. then he jog alone, then a few yrs ago would see him walking. then nowadays don't see anymore.
he don't stay in potong pasir man!

jw5

Loyal
CST should stand as a grc candidate in the next elections.
If he steps down and just supports the other candidates, the impact will be minimal, especially as he may not have the energy to do a lot of canvassing. He may be forgotten by some.

If he stands for election in his single ward, the pappies will hint that he does not have the capacity to run the ward himself, in addition to other mp duties.

By standing in a grc with someone like KJ, they can argue that he has young fellows to do the legwork for him, while he does the "thinking and the strategic planning", whatever that means.
KJ and the other team members will benefit from his experience and wisdom.
It's win-win for all the grc members.

cleareyes

Alfrescian
Loyal
By standing in a grc with someone like KJ, they can argue that he has young fellows to do the legwork for him, while he does the "thinking and the strategic planning", whatever that means.

Perhaps that is what CST wanted in the first place. But too bad, with all the Indian cheifs and ego boasting within SDA and even SPP, what could become a winning formula is now but a pipe dream that could never take place.

RoyMcFarland

Alfrescian
Loyal
Looks like many Singaporeans owe a vote thanks to people like you.

Thanks, I'm proud of my fellow citizens of Potong Pasir too. Hopefully more opposition candidates step up to the plate. Its suprising what earnestness, intregrity and understanding the man on the street can do to a political career...

The PAP did extremely well in the early years with such qualities. The majority of their candidates recently have lacked some or all of these simple qualities.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Absolutely agree.
Thanks, I'm proud of my fellow citizens of Potong Pasir too. Hopefully more opposition candidates step up to the plate. Its suprising what earnestness, intregrity and understanding the man on the street can do to a political career...

The PAP did extremely well in the early years with such qualities. The majority of their candidates recently have lacked some or all of these simple qualities.

kukubird58

Alfrescian
Loyal

Roy...as a PP resident..how do gauge the the impacts due to the recent fall-out and chance of Lena Chiam.

jw5

Loyal
Perhaps that is what CST wanted in the first place. But too bad, with all the Indian cheifs and ego boasting within SDA and even SPP, what could become a winning formula is now but a pipe dream that could never take place.
I think that's what both CST ad KJ wanted and still want.
But it could become the same old sad story for SG opposition.
No wonder some uncles and aunties insist on voting pap even if they themselves don't know why.

jw5

Loyal

Well put.
In addition, some lacked all, and all lacked some.

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Give the man a break lah, i think he should retire liao, he have contributed enough. How long you guys want him to help you guys fight for everything?

CST has my respect, but now he should spend more time with his family :smile::smile:

silverfox@

Alfrescian
Loyal
CST should stand as a grc candidate in the next elections.
If he steps down and just supports the other candidates, the impact will be minimal, especially as he may not have the energy to do a lot of canvassing. He may be forgotten by some.

If he stands for election in his single ward, the pappies will hint that he does not have the capacity to run the ward himself, in addition to other mp duties.

Mentor politician and kind of agree that he should join up with others if he really wants to go for this election. And probably PAP knows it too. If he goes single ward, he would be heavily bombarded.

cunt_opener

Alfrescian
Loyal
HUAT AH GMS sure win big in Tampines. PAP helped!

Why Chen Shui Bian's son kenna judge visiting prostitute won the highest votes? Because people simply love it!

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

RoyMcFarland

Alfrescian
Loyal
Roy...as a PP resident..how do gauge the the impacts due to the recent fall-out and chance of Lena Chiam.

Well, as a resident, I don't expect any significant damage from the fall -out wih Mr Desmond Lim. I have a lot of respect for Mr Lim as well as he was our Town Council Manager. I'm sure the PAP (through the Straits Times) will try to exploit this rift.

As for Mrs Chiam, I think she will still win, (although she's not so well known) as residents are generally happy with the Town Council's performance and Chiam will definitely campaign on her behalf. It might be a smaller majority though as Chiam's success so far has been mainly based on his personal popularity. I do know that Mr Sitoh, the losing PAP candidate is not well liked around the Lorong 8 Toa Payoh portion of Potong Pasir.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Well, as a resident, I don't expect any significant damage from the fall -out wih Mr Desmond Lim. I have a lot of respect for Mr Lim as well as he was our Town Council Manager. I'm sure the PAP (through the Straits Times) will try to exploit this rift.

As for Mrs Chiam, I think she will still win, (although she's not so well known) as residents are generally happy with the Town Council's performance and Chiam will definitely campaign on her behalf. It might be a smaller majority though as Chiam's success so far has been mainly based on his personal popularity. I do know that Mr Sitoh, the losing PAP candidate is not well liked around the Lorong 8 Toa Payoh portion of Potong Pasir.

Bro:

Sitoh sure die. Not only si (die) but also toh (collapse). With him as MP, sure die and collapse.

Look at bro CST. He is old and not in the best of health. He cannot 'tong' all the way for you. So, at least he 'chiam see tong' for you. Consider his willingness to 'chiam see tong' as his greatest sacrifice to PP residents.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
No doubt his team will get a decent shot against WKS, but the disappointment with CST is that he doesn't appear to be able to control his own party.
The recent spat with Desmond Lim has left a big question mark on PP.
Don't understand why they like to shoot their own feet all the time....

kukubird58: CST's failure to control his party may be due to 'external' factors. I don't rule out sabotage or an orchestrated attempt to disorientate his supporters. Say what you like about CST, he is a decent man. I doubt if he has other aspirations or needs other than to serve his PP residents. Can't say the same for others, especially MIW.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
After seeing this photo, he really looks in frail health and the question is not whether he can perform the duties of a MP but do we really want him to carry on for the people in this state when he should really have a good rest?

The recovery from stroke attack and still standing alongside with these opposition politicians, symbolize the epitome of true grit in working for the people. Hopefully, this photo can spur the opposition to greater heights and take on more responsibilities so that politicians like CST can take a back seat

CST should stand. His frail health, age etc are all positive factors to get sympathy votes from those sitting on the fence. Chiam need not run around. LKY doesn't. CST can find his own "Koo Tsai Kee' to do the running.

If MIW can use freebies to attract votes, why can't CST use his age and frail health to attract votes? At least CST did not use our money to return to us only to take away thru increase in this-and-that.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Say what u like about Papee, u have to take your hat off to them for their party discipline. Even though it is certain that there are some members with axes to grind, they "don't" spat openly.

kukubird58: The reality is the existence of 2 camps within the PAP. No guesses for right answers. The party discipline that you witnessed is because they are putting on a show. Lots of politics within the PAP. Same goes for their RCs and CCCs.

While their members with axes to grind may not do so openly, they are backstabbing each other all the time. If you have close friends involved in CCC or RC matters, you will get to hear juicy news and stories. I get my information from these chaps discreetly.

kukubird58

Alfrescian
Loyal
kukubird58: The reality is the existence of 2 camps within the PAP. No guesses for right answers. The party discipline that you witnessed is because they are putting on a show. Lots of politics within the PAP. Same goes for their RCs and CCCs.

While their members with axes to grind may not do so openly, they are backstabbing each other all the time. If you have close friends involved in CCC or RC matters, you will get to hear juicy news and stories. I get my information from these chaps discreetly.

hahaha...i have no doubts that such things are happening.
Pse share the juicy bits with us.