• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Should a Lim question another Lim

PhuaTeKor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Should MP Lim Biow Chuan go after MP Raymond Lim for providing this kind of lousy service to S'poreans and still had the cheek to take multiple millions of salary in the past 5 years as Transport minister?

MP Lim Biow Chuan exposes bus standards online
By Ernest Luis

limbiowchuan.carolinechia.jpg

Member of Parliament (MP) for Mountbatten - Lim Biow Chuan - did his own spot checks on the ground after complaints about the regularity of some bus services during the election campaign period. -- ST PHOTO: CAROLINE CHIA

FACEBOOK is fast becoming the direct platform for Singapore politicians to broadcast their messages directly. More so, after the recent General Election.

And the efforts from the politicians themselves and the interest from netizens shows no signs of abating.

As traditional media often comes with space constraints in newspapers, or time constraints on television or radio, the social nature of Facebook has allowed more awareness of issues at the ground level to be shared with the public, especially if they may not be big enough to overshadow other competing news.

Member of Parliament (MP) for Mountbatten - Lim Biow Chuan - did his own spot checks on the ground after complaints about the regularity of some bus services during the election campaign period.

He posted this on May 16 on his Facebook page at 4.48pm then: 'I received complaints about the regularity of some bus services during the campaign period. This morning, I waited at the bus stop from 8am to 9am with LTA (Land Transport Authority) officer to do an audit and was horrified at the result. Will be writing to PTC (Public Transport Council) and LTA to lodge a formal complaint about the service standards of the bus services.'

On Thursday at 2.30pm, he posted this next update on his investigations: 'Was at bus stop next to Block 56 Cassia Crescent this morning for 2nd informal audit. Results are slightly better although there is room for improvement. For service 70, a total of 8 buses came within a period of 50 mins. Service 197 need to improve. Will feedback to PTC for their follow up with SBS. Then monitor to see whether there are improvements.'

Earlier in the week, MP for Sembawang GRC (Admiralty) - Vikram Nair - posted a YouTube video of himself drinking tap water during a house visit to prove that the water in Blk 686B Woodlands Drive 73 is safe for consumption.

This was to reassure residents' concerns after the body of a dead domestic worker was earlier found in the block's water tank on May 16.

Reactions from Facebook users on MP Lim Biow Chuan's page:

'Sir really appreciate your ground work. You didn't allow the LTA officer or your grassroots smoke you.' - Ong Delion

'Glad you came down to see things first hand! Great job, sir!' - Brenda Chia

'Mr Lim, thank you for your personal investigation. Service 158 is a good example. I am seeing a very positive commitment to improve the issues. If I can add, Facebook can be a good channel not to get a watered-down feedback. Of course some posting are not constructive, however like a Malay saying goes, if there's no wind the leaves will not ruffle.' - Jumali Sayuti

'Dear Sir, fyi, there are many other services which you will 'be horrified' with. Nothing beats seeing it for yrselves isn't it???? Really thumbs up for such efforts taken. Maybe you can consider checking out just how crowded our trains are also, especially the peak period.' - Jennifer Lee

'Good job. It's nice that you communicate what you are doing. Do continue. Hope you won't get the brush off from PTC/LTA. Hope they won't offer the traditional solution of tweaking the routes and increasing services as the solution will only...be stop-gap measures that do not address the root of the problem... and please tell them you won't accept them to put up more ERP gantries in your area just to 'solve' the problem.' - Serene Chew

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Suddenly you can see the fear of god. What were they doing in the past? Imagine the power of PAP MP in getting an LTA officer to turn up at 8am at the place of choosing. Imagine what would transpire if LTK asked LTA of any govt officer to turn up? Then at the next elections they will be wondering why they lost even more votes. The issue is lack of sincerity, abuse of position and double standards.

tuagu

Alfrescian
Loyal
next , they shd take mrt and count the number of foreigners; Also visit offices esp banks and count the number of foreigners

cooleo

Alfrescian
Loyal
I give them 6months max to put up the charade. After that, it's business as usual - you die your own business!

spotter542

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I give them 6months max to put up the charade. After that, it's business as usual - you die your own business!

Very kind of you to give them 6 months grace.
I doubt these Millions In Wages can wayang through 4 months
:eek:

Bigfuck

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
next , they shd take mrt and count the number of foreigners; Also visit offices esp banks and count the number of foreigners

This problem may not be solvable. The MRT in Singapore was not designed to handle the load we are seeing now.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I thought Raymond LIM is already LIMping out?, shouldn't this be the job of......the new transport minister? We share the same sentiments, the charade will last for a while, while they up a lot of 'mong kar chng' shows ( puppets) that will mesmerize the people & make them confuse, which they are famous for; and then business as usual, you die your business. Only the 60% buy this kind of 'chilli craps'.

Last edited:

leoman

Alfrescian
Loyal
b4 raymondlim left, he has already built more erp gantries on stand-by

I thought Raymond LIM is already LIMping out?, shouldn't this be the job of......the new transport minister? We share the same sentiments, the charade will last for a while, while they up a lot of 'mong kar chng' shows ( puppets) that will mesmerize the people & make them confuse, which they are famous for; and then business as usual, you die your business. Only the 60% buy this kind of 'chilli craps'.

jw5

Loyal
By golly!
He was shocked.
Really? Dearie me! How could this be? :rolleyes:

Nobody can remember who he is and what he stands for. That's why he felt he needed to do something. Even his former team-mate Mr Seah was known for being the flag bearer for fillial piety and the ceo of fairprice.

Btw, the Lim clan has reduced by more than half in the cabinet. :o

KuanTi01

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Why express shock only now? He must have been sleeping blissfully all this while lah! So insincere & self-serving!:rolleyes:

PhuaTeKor

Alfrescian
Loyal
I thought Raymond LIM is already LIMping out?, shouldn't this be the job of......the new transport minister?

Do you mean no one can question RL in the next parliament sitting regarding what he had done as our transport minister in the past 5 years?

Can or should LTY answer on his behalf as the new transport minister when RL is also sitting in the parliament as an MP?

:confused::confused::confused: