• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Shopping Mall Vacancies Highest In 5 Years! Retail REITs Gone Fuck?

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Obviously the no brainer solution is to implement $20 an hour minimum wage for all sinkies and mandate that all foreign workers be paid in ntuc and sheng siong vouchers,this will have a dual prong effect of preventing outflows of capital from the country from maid remittance and vastly boosting sinkies purchasing power.sinkies will consider having 3 meals at food court and restaurants more often and drive up consumption and spending.which in turns stimulate the economy.....remember its not businesses or billionaires that create jobs.....it is consumers and customers......a healthy economy requires a healthy middle class of spenders and

Last edited:

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
an economy based on fees, levies, taxes, commissions, etc............ isn't gonna be sustainable!!

dont worry in singapore we tax the poor and help the rich,lowest income taxes in the world for high income earners.....lowest corporate taxes,zero capital gains tax,zero dividends tax,zero estate tax.rich gets richer,poor gets poorer.the poor regardless or not has to spend to survive,being poor they have nowhere to go either.

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
Analysts say other challenges such as the manpower crunch are likely to persist for the rest of the year. Colliers International noted, however, that falling rents in the central area are an opportunity for some brands to open new flagship stores and strengthen their presence

I really want to laugh. Which flagship store wants to expand their presence when there's a serious protracted slump couple with super high rental rates. I rather open one at Bangkok.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If rents can't be raised after doing renovations, then it defeats the purpose of doing renovations in the first place. The crux of the problem is that there is not enough people in Singapore to support so many malls. Either we shut down some malls, or we support the national plan to up our population to 6.9 million.

The PAP is using the same strategy as the one used in the food courts. Renovate so that they have an excuse to increase rentals.

This may have worked in the past but if wages don't keep up with increase prices, locals can't afford to spend. Tourists from this region are also unlikely to visit & spend $ here as they can go to places that are cheaper.

For years I've been saying that the PAP is killing the golden goose that lays the eggs. It's not a quick kill but a gradual & slow death.

Force 136

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Saw with my eyes Komtar in Penang is a shadow of what it was...... today it feels like a low class shopping centre similar to Serangoon Shopping Centre.....

Will Singapore follow?

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
Saw with my eyes Komtar in Penang is a shadow of what it was...... today it feels like a low class shopping centre similar to Serangoon Shopping Centre.....

Will Singapore follow?

Who you call low class eh? It is nice place many good ktv nearbys.

Qantas

Alfrescian
Loyal

Will Singapore follow?

But the Komtar in JB has been reborn to sell high-end merchandise leh...:biggrin:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
But the Komtar in JB has been reborn to sell high-end merchandise leh...:biggrin:

JB has plenty of Sporeans visiting & supporting the businesses there.

As long as you have the greedy PAP increasing costs in Spore, people will be attracted to JB's cheaper prices.

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
JB has plenty of Sporeans visiting & supporting the businesses there.

As long as you have the greedy PAP increasing costs in Spore, people will be attracted to JB's cheaper prices.

As long as Singkie government persist with their high cost,and low value output strategy JB will be a magnet.

One lookalike Zara man's clothing is costing only half price of what Zara Singapore is charging when the items is on sales.