• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Shophouse in skudai, Malaysia.

SNTCK

Alfrescian
Loyal
3 storey shophouse in skudai, Malaysia cost about rm1million.
I am thinking to invest one.

Serious advice please.

Good or bad.

Share your view. Thanks

lifeafter41

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Serious advice please.

Good or bad.

Share your view. Thanks

Firstly, are you going to be staying in the shophouse?
Secondly, do you have any relatives that is currently staying in Malaysia, specifically in Skudai?

SNTCK

Alfrescian
Loyal
Life
Not staying there, just for investment purpose.
Collect rental, heard can fetch ground flour 4K, 2nd 1500 then 3rd 1000

Relatives will help me take care.

Asterix

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I will take the top floor at 1K MYR if got fast and reliable internet and no noise pollution. If you sound proof it I will pay more.

Last edited:

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset

Serious advice please.

Good or bad.

Share your view. Thanks

What the fuck kind of question is this? U ask for serious advice but you act like a clown.

How about some of the information like this?

sq footage, dimensions, age of the building, location (high traffice, new development, industrial area, etc), how many parking spots, who are the current tenants, how long have they been there, what is the physical condition of the building (need to do renos, painting, etc), do the tenants want to stay, is their rent market rent, what is the last few years financial statements looking like, etc.

After you provide all this info then come and talk to us. Otherwise, don't waste our time.

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Serious advice please.

Good or bad.

Share your view. Thanks

Bro this time I give serious advice and constructive feedback to you. Don't buy. Why ?
Chances of being scammed is high. Plus too many paper works and risk involves. With the returns not worth the risk.

Asterix

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
What the fuck kind of question is this? U ask for serious advice but you act like a clown.

How about some of the information like this?

sq footage, dimensions, age of the building, location (high traffice, new development, industrial area, etc), how many parking spots, who are the current tenants, how long have they been there, what is the physical condition of the building (need to do renos, painting, etc), do the tenants want to stay, is their rent market rent, what is the last few years financial statements looking like, etc.

After you provide all this info then come and talk to us. Otherwise, don't waste our time.

I was going to ask those questions too as a prospective tenant. However, the vagaries of using a tiny mobile device plus all those questions about pictures with a house or street numbers before one is able to post anything are quite tedious. A big Buddha figure with a building behind - is it a temple or a house?

Anyway, I was pulling that joker's leg when I said am interested in renting the top floor of a shop house he hasn't yet decided to buy.

However, I have serious question about reliable and fast internet in Malaysia and you seem quite knowledgeable. Would you be so kind as to answer the questions which I had posted on this other thread:

http://singsupplies.com/showthread.php?233680-All-About-Internet-in-Malaysia-JB-KL-Penang-etc

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If the price is really attractive, be cautious. Are there plans from the Govt to take back the land in the near future, prompting the owner to sell it now?

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
I was going to ask those questions too as a prospective tenant. However, the vagaries of using a tiny mobile device plus all those questions about pictures with a house or street numbers before one is able to post anything are quite tedious. A big Buddha figure with a building behind - is it a temple or a house?

Anyway, I was pulling that joker's leg when I said am interested in renting the top floor of a shop house he hasn't yet decided to buy.

However, I have serious question about reliable and fast internet in Malaysia and you seem quite knowledgeable. Would you be so kind as to answer the questions which I had posted on this other thread:

http://singsupplies.com/showthread.php?233680-All-About-Internet-in-Malaysia-JB-KL-Penang-etc

Have you seen this?
https://ringgitplus.com/en/internet/home-broadband/

or this?

https://www.imoney.my/broadband

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
If the price is really attractive, be cautious. Are there plans from the Govt to take back the land in the near future, prompting the owner to sell it now?

RM$1 million is not a screaming deal. Foreigners are prohibited from buying 4 storey shophouses where the money really is. But it depends on the where it is located and what and who are the tenants. Usually, ground floor can be an established restaurant or store, and the second floor is a tuition centre and the third floor is an office, this type of combination is attractive to me.

Aviator

Alfrescian
Loyal
RM$1 million is not a screaming deal. Foreigners are prohibited from buying 4 storey shophouses where the money really is. But it depends on the where it is located and what and who are the tenants. Usually, ground floor can be an established restaurant or store, and the second floor is a tuition centre and the third floor is an office, this type of combination is attractive to me.

I believe in Johor, foreigners are not allowed to buy any commercial shops below 3 storeys.
This means single and double storeys shops are only for locals.
That is why you see more shops being built in recent years are 3 storeys and above, to attract foreign buyers.

3 storey shops are not ideal because it is usually deemed too low for lifts to be installed and for some, too high to climb.
Those that are 4 storeys and above, usually come with lifts.

RM1million in Skudai for a 3sty shop is a good price, as long as it is not too far from the main roads.
Unlikely you can get main road facing with RM1million in Skudai as it is a matured local estate.

AlveroPeter

Alfrescian
Loyal
You would like to invest it's not the big matter. But i would like to know that you know better about this where you are going to invest?

lifeafter41

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Life
Not staying there, just for investment purpose.
Collect rental, heard can fetch ground flour 4K, 2nd 1500 then 3rd 1000

Relatives will help me take care.

Most important, relatives must be vested.
Else if just "take care" then it's going to be problematic....

While at a million ringgit, it's around S$350k, with all the fees thrown in. I would be mindful of the exchange rate at this point.

If the sing/rm rate goes to 3.5, then you are looking at potential losses and reduced rental returns....moving ahead.