• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Shameless Sell Out by FAP: PRs own 48,700 HDB flats as at September

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
[h=2]News: PRs own 48,700 HDB flats as at September[/h]
why never state as a total how many percentage...

The Business Times
Published November 22, 2011
Permanent residents own 48,700 HDB flats as at September

SINGAPORE permanent residents (PRs) owned some 48,700 HDB flats as at September this year, according to fresh figures released by the Ministry of National Development (MND) yesterday.

The number of flats in the hands of PRs was made known in parliament yesterday after Member of Parliament for Ang Mo Kio GRC Ang Hin Kee requested for an update.

Mr Ang also asked how many PRs who are not residing in Singapore have received approval from the HDB to rent out their flats.

In a written response to Mr Ang, MND said that 4 per cent, or 1,967 of the 48,700 flats owned by PRs, were being sublet with HDB's approval. MND added that these flats were granted approval as their owners have met their Minimum Occupation Period (MOP). Another 295 PR households have obtained HDB's approval to sublet their flats during the MOP, of which 261 of them are working overseas.

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
"Mr Ang also asked how many PRs who are not residing in Singapore have received approval from the HDB to rent out their flats.

In a written response to Mr Ang, MND said that 4 per cent, or 1,967 of the 48,700 flats owned by PRs, were being sublet with HDB's approval"

well done!! PRs not living in the island is milking rental income from their hdb flats​

groober2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
The figure of 48,700 flats owned by foreigners is extremely high. How was it ever possible that HDB whose role is to house the local populace has allowed this to happen? Mah Bow Tan has a lot to answer for not ensuring Singaporeans has first priority.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Foreigners are not like Sporeans who follow rules & regulations. So I wonder how many "foreigners" are renting out without getting the required permission from HDB:confused:

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Finally some relevant question being asked by MP....almost 50k flats owned by PR in a small island...isnt that ridiculously high?! Can ask next question how many HDB flats in total to confirm?

prinzy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Do you really believe the figures? We had been given so many figures that we do not know who is telling the truth? Get an indepentant audit to report the real figures. We will know thence.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Can PR who are single buy hdb flat before age 35:confused:

Last time I know at least two single PRs who own HDB flats before age 35...both are Msians, very easy for them, just need to buy together with their siblings also working in SG...i think only recent one year then they changed the rule to disallow...

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Foreigners are not like Sporeans who follow rules & regulations. So I wonder how many "foreigners" are renting out without getting the required permission from HDB:confused:
This is the main difference between a SG and a FT. SG wait for something to happen whereas FT make things happen. SG does not even know how to play football in their own home ground and FT has been capitalizing on every loophole they can find in SG. Good luck! SG.

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yah, I just want to confirm my understanding. I also heard from friends of quite a few PRs who are still singles, bought the flat before 35 and perpetually working overseas.

Now I have Singaporean collegues and friends who could not buy hdb flats before the price shoot up because of age and marital stautus restriction, now 35 still single and cannot afford.

Whereas, these male/female PRs were allowed to buy hdb flat at a relatively young age while single, before price shoot up, no need NS and profit from it......shake head.:(

Last time I know at least two single PRs who own HDB flats before age 35...both are Msians, very easy for them, just need to buy together with their siblings also working in SG...i think only recent one year then they changed the rule to disallow...

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This is the main difference between a SG and a FT. SG wait for something to happen whereas FT make things happen. SG does not even know how to play football in their own home ground and FT has been capitalizing on every loophole they can find in SG. Good luck! SG.

The cards are stacked against the Sporean, even if they follow the rules, the gov't can change the goal posts, the referee, or the game.. Just look at the residents of Rochore. They are going to lose their homes for the greater good of the PAP:rolleyes:

For foreigners there's more leeway. Can complain to their own gov't, claim ignorance, complain to their countries media & scare the Spore gov't, run away back home where Spore law cannot touch them, etc

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
One guy in our drinking group, a Malaysian PR, rents out his 4 or 5-room apartment in Gombak area but lives in Tanjong Rhu condo - his rental paying for his condo installment. Welcome to Singapore! So, not true that only 'overseas' PRs can rent out flats.

The government seems intent of making fools of their citizens. If only some of the 60% wake up.

BuiKia

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
That is why he left before it could blow in his face.

The figure of 48,700 flats owned by foreigners is extremely high. How was it ever possible that HDB whose role is to house the local populace has allowed this to happen? Mah Bow Tan has a lot to answer for not ensuring Singaporeans has first priority.

Last edited:

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The cards are stacked against the Sporean, even if they follow the rules, the gov't can change the goal posts, the referee, or the game.. Just look at the residents of Rochore. They are going to lose their homes for the greater good of the PAP:rolleyes:

For foreigners there's more leeway. Can complain to their own gov't, claim ignorance, complain to their countries media & scare the Spore gov't, run away back home where Spore law cannot touch them, etc
Singaporeans are just too law abiding. Now, FT not only climb on top of head but also shit on the head. Sigh. No eye see.

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal
60% still have the misconception of the need to have sufficient opp members to veto certain policies, or for further scrutiny and refinement. That's a double face palm.

Singaporeans are just too law abiding. Now, FT not only climb on top of head but also shit on the head. Sigh. No eye see.

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
The problem with Sinkies is that they do not support for the cause, take CSJ for example. Sinkies are balless. Perhaps the time is not right yet and is coming and old fart (the ringleader) is not way off to up lorry soon. Once this ringleader drop dead time for change is just the begining. Proxy-PM has no passion in politic (he said it himself) and time for PAP members to run road or join oppos.

no_faith

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Whereas, these male/female PRs were allowed to buy hdb flat at a relatively young age while single, before price shoot up, no need NS and profit from it......shake head.:(
the govt has exploit us and still is.
sinkapore allowing strangers to our home and daylight rob us.
when i speak wif some frenz regarding such issue. omg, they told me wa lau stop behaving like uncle lah.
talk about this for what.

future is dark.:(
the problem is there but they dont care cuz by voting PAP in power, they thought PAP will sure help them in crisis and left the 40% to sink.
unique sinkaporeans.:oIo:

Last edited:

wMulew

Alfrescian
Loyal

How did you come to the conclusion that 48K flats to Foreigners = high when 48K flats out of 992K(992000 Residential Units see Page 3) only consitute to < 5% of the total number of flats in SG yet the total PR population(about 500K PR vs 3257K citizens(check Singstatsfor numbers)) consistute 15% of resident population in SG. Don't look at pure numbers. Look at materiality

Last edited:

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
CCB PAP...:mad: No wonder each time I paid a visit to my parent's Tampines flat, I see more and more India Ah Nehs having afternoon picnic at a playground there with their wives and young kids...:mad: I seems to sense the population of these India PRs owning HDB flats are increasing day by day..This is not the neighbourhood that I used to be familiar with.. So many foreign invaders.. So many unfamiliar faces..No more of that Malay pakcik who used to cycle around my old Tampines neighbourhood with his trusted bicycle selling hot currypuffs in the afternoon.. No more of that old Teochew auntie who used to feed the cats under the blocks in the early evenings.. My old Tampines neighbourhood that I had lived for the past 19 years has now totally changed.. More Ah Tiongs, more Ah Nehs, More Pinoys.. :mad: :mad:
:mad: :oIo: :mad: :oIo: