• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Shadow cabinet - have your say!!!

Maverick01

Alfrescian
Loyal
So much talk for a shadow cabinet and that opposition got no people to form one..let's suggest!!! we will do away with the pointless appointments without portfolio though!! Tough and limited choices but we try to slot in to the best of what opposition have alright!!

Prime Minister
Mr Low Thia Khiang (WP) - Opposition de facto leader currently..

Minister for Defence
MAJ (NS) Tony Tan (NSP) - Former SAF Scholar

Minister for Foreign Affairs
Dr Chen Show Mao (WP) - Wealth of international experience and a lawyer...not to mention charimastic and excellently fluent in mandarin and english. He got a PHD from Stanford right? so humble until don't want to use the title??????????????

Minister for National Development
Mr Goh Meng Seng (NSP) - Since he championed HDB issue so vigorously and there are no other candidates in mind

Minister for Trade and Industry
Mr Tan Jee Say (SDP) - Similarly, he championed this area vigorously and with the necessary academic background and working knowledge

Minister for the Environment and Water Resources
Ms Angela Oon (WP) - the real eye candy of the GE..the real woman....lol personal choice...not much suitable option thats why.

Minister for Health
Dr Ang Yong Guan - Only medical doctor in the opposition line-up so no choice. He can be a good comedian too.

Minister for Finance
Mr Kenneth Jeyaretnam (With much reluctance due to how he presented himself so far but his credential and background is suitable for) or Mr Tan Kin Lian could come in??

Minister for Education
Ms Hazel Poa (NSP) - Solid academic credential and business owner in the field of education or Dr James Gomez (WP) - Lecturer

Minister for Community Development, Youth and Sports
Dr Vincent Wijeysingha - Good speaker with necessary working and academic background for social work.

Minister for Transport
Mr Yaw Shin Leong - Not much option here

Minister for Home Affairs and Minister for Law
Ms Sylvia Lim (WP) - Background in law though I don't think she was called to the bar? However her credential is the most suitable candidate for sure.

Minister for Manpower
Dr Chee Soon Juan (SDP)- Not sure where we can utilise him more aptly but maybe he can devise the minimum wages policy in this role.

Minister for Information, Communications and the Arts
Benjamin Pwee (SPP) - Excellent academic credential and seems like best man for this post for me representing SPP or Alec Tok (SDP) - However he is way too animated for my liking.

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
So much talk for a shadow cabinet and that opposition got no people to form one..let's suggest!!! we will do away with the pointless appointments without portfolio though!! Tough and limited choices but we try to slot in to the best of what opposition have alright!!

Prime Minister
Mr Low Thia Khiang (WP) - Opposition de facto leader currently..

Minister for Defence
MAJ (NS) Tony Tan (NSP) - Former SAF Scholar

Minister for Foreign Affairs
Dr Chen Show Mao (WP) - Wealth of international experience and a lawyer...not to mention charimastic and excellently fluent in mandarin and english. He got a PHD from Stanford right? so humble until don't want to use the title??????????????

Minister for National Development
Mr Goh Meng Seng (NSP) - Since he championed HDB issue so vigorously and there are no other candidates in mind

Minister for Trade and Industry
Mr Tan Jee Say (SDP) - Similarly, he championed this area vigorously and with the necessary academic background and working knowledge

Minister for the Environment and Water Resources
Ms Angela Oon (WP) - the real eye candy of the GE..the real woman....lol personal choice...not much suitable option thats why.

Minister for Health
Dr Ang Yong Guan - Only medical doctor in the opposition line-up so no choice. He can be a good comedian too.

Minister for Finance
Mr Kenneth Jeyaretnam (With much reluctance due to how he presented himself so far but his credential and background is suitable for) or Mr Tan Kin Lian could come in??

Minister for Education
Ms Hazel Poa (NSP) - Solid academic credential and business owner in the field of education or Dr James Gomez (WP) - Lecturer

Minister for Community Development, Youth and Sports
Dr Vincent Wijeysingha - Good speaker with necessary working and academic background for social work.

Minister for Transport
Mr Yaw Shin Leong - Not much option here

Ms Sylvia Lim (WP) - Background in law though I don't think she was called to the bar? However her credential is the most suitable candidate for sure.

Minister for Manpower
Dr Chee Soon Juan (SDP)- Not sure where we can utilise him more aptly but maybe he can devise the minimum wages policy in this role.

Minister for Information, Communications and the Arts
Benjamin Pwee (SPP) - Excellent academic credential and seems like best man for this post for me representing SPP or Alec Tok (SDP) - However he is way too animated for my liking.

I rather KJ as PM, CSW as Finance, Ben Pwee and Foreign Affairs.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

She was called to the bar in the late 80s, practised for several years before joining the SPF. Returned to practice then joined Temasek as law lecturer. I think SL will make a far better minister in Home Affairs compared to WKS. Pritam Singh can lead Law ministry comfortably.

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
She was called to the bar in the late 80s, practised for several years before joining the SPF. Returned to practice then joined Temasek as law lecturer. I think SL will make a far better minister in Home Affairs compared to WKS. Pritam Singh can lead Law ministry comfortably.

Slyvia can in fact be Co-ordinating Minister for Security.