• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Sg's Olympic SHAME!

madmansg

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why should you be ashamed when your grandparents or even your parents did exactly the same when they came over from China and India? It's like the second wave of immigration. So what is so different that you need to feel ashamed of then and now?

:confused:

I feel ashame everytime I put on SAF no 4 and force to parade on national day before thousands of PR and FT who boo and laugh without restraint.

splintuh

Alfrescian
Loyal
Newspapers reported she asked to be the flag bearer. Somemore our Chinese dailies can compare her to being Maggie Cheung category. Vomit!

================
Quote from Straits Times
================
Li, who flew in from her centralised training stint in Osaka to attend the ceremony, revealed that she wanted to go back to her native Beijing to make a statement.

'Over the years, there has been so much debate over the foreign talent scheme. This is my way of showing everyone that everything I've ever achieved is because of Singapore.'
=======
END QUOTE
=======

She asked for it and no one in SNOC had the nuts to say no, as it'd be a political hot potato. imo asking for it, is an ego trip for her.

On another note...
I detest the total dependence on the FT scheme in the Table Tennis Team.
Thumbs up to Sailing, Swimming and Shooting for retaining some measure of dignity, for Team Singapore.

pui to ping pong

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why should you be ashamed when your grandparents or even your parents did exactly the same when they came over from China and India?
:confused:

Thats pulling the bow a little too far isn't it. Would you be more proud of a homegrown singaporean representing us on the world stage or someone who was specifically given singapore citizenship for this very purpose.

I am sure the difference is rather wide. Can you remember the first in your family to acquire the citizenship.

fenwick

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wonder which Moron chose her to carry our flag when we actually have a true Olympian ourself ! Maybe some cheapo in our Sport Council are trying to save money on air fare........Si Beh TL .!!!

blackmore

Alfrescian
Loyal
"She asked for it and no one in SNOC had the nuts to say no, as it'd be a political hot potato. imo asking for it, is an ego trip for her.

On another note...
I detest the total dependence on the FT scheme in the Table Tennis Team.
Thumbs up to Sailing, Swimming and Shooting for retaining some measure of dignity, for Team Singapore.

pui to ping pong"

Put it simply, SNOC all don't know what the heck they are doing by placing her as the flag bearer. For one, she has been in the limelight for the wrong reasons with susu liao.

Question is what SNOC and SSC is trying to project to Singapore. So many game losses after her marriage with susu liao.

For shooting FYI, the rapid fire pistol team has already been infected by a PRC FT:mad:. Its the air weapons and clay shooters that are still true blue Sinaporean by birth and by training.

yansen84

Alfrescian
Loyal
sg is truly a disgrace on the international stage. we didn't parade a national costume, the tiong FTs perhaps wouldn't be seen in a sarong kebaya or something like that.

smoothnsleek

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is definitely sad that for this particular Olympics where we have our biggest contingent ever, this honour had to fall on her. But there would have been deep debate amongst those responsible for selection and I'm sure it wasnt easy for them. Right or wrong, she's there....time will tell what she's made of. As a young nation, we're always learning, dont you think?

peterlth

Alfrescian
Loyal
There was a slight difference with our ancestors. They came to Singapore to turn it into their new homeland. They worked hard to transform Singapore into what it is today.

The current wave of so called "immigrants" from China are just here for the money. When they've made their pile, they're head back to what they consider to be real home.

Their stint in Singapore is nothing more than a temporary overseas assignment to them and the Sinkie passport is just a fringe benefit of their overall "expat" package.

I have not even begun to talk about the ones who come as tourists but end up selling their cunts on the streets. That's a story that deserves a separate hearing. :biggrin:
Just to add to what Sam has said. China has the 1 child policy. Each couple can have only 1 child. But if the mum or dad is holding a foreign passport (e.g. Singapore passport), this policy do not apply. Therefore, PRCs want a Singapore passport so that they can have a second or even more child, especially if the first child is not the preferred gender. Therefore, it is a very big incentive for PRCs to want to have a foreign nationality/passport.

Being fair, there are so much more opportunities in China compared to Singapore. It is a rationale decision for the PRCs to return to China after they made enough money and get their Singapore passport.