• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

SGH allows only 4 visitors ; Visitors got to register

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
For a hospital, the cafeteria of SGH is not friendly to wheelchairs. The management needs to look into this.

Cheers!

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Its a reflection of society changing. Unlike in the past, families are smaller, illness is now considered a highly private matter and one big happy family visiting a common ward or shared rooms can be disruptive.

Unlike the old days, one is expected to visit a friend or a relative immediately upon notification. Now days a quiet word with a family member to seek permission is the norm and that is only for someone close. A card or basket of fruits with ginseng, etc seems to be the way.

myo539

Alfrescian
Loyal
I visited someone yesterday at SGH. I was surprised that everyone needs to be registered to see that particular patient and at any time only 4 visitors allowed for each patient. Questions:

1. SARS is long gone over where still a need to register?
2. Why allow only 4 visitors at a time so the others got to wait downstairs, one out one in?
3. Is visitors' privacy being invaded?
4. Is this practiced in other hostipals?
5. Are there more sinister reasons for doing these things?

This you also have to ask - and harbour sinister thoughts!!!
You want the whole kampong to visit the sick patients - in a 4, 6 or 12 bed open wards? Even single-room A1 class abide by such considerations.

Please lah, be considerate and give the other patients a chance to rest! The "sinister reason" is simply to prevent sinister germs brought in by you and other kampong folks - and to let other patients in the multi-patient wards to recuperate in peace and quiet.

Your/visitor's "privacy invaded"? You need to speak louder for all to hear!!! Even the death will rise from their beds!

Visitors don't simply go to see their warded relatives or friends to just stare and shut their mouths.

Last edited:

myo539

Alfrescian
Loyal
.... FYI, many do not know, during the SARS outbreak, the Malay woman was spread the SARS virus by the Doctor C, when he did not wear mask or gloves and had handled infected document files or he was infected by the nurses, which he passed to the Malay woman, who later died of SARS......

The Malay woman did not go overseas and was there for some innocuous lung infection, that's all. The papers reported that the Doctor C could have infected her, but then afterwards, the whole matter was hush-hushed when they decided to make Doctor a folk hero.

Why, why SARS only attack the Malay woman? Chinese, Indians and angmohs immune to SARS?

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If any of the hospitals allow 'no limit' in visitors, it is not a good sign. Likely the patient about to up lorry.

Parking always a problem at SGH during peak hours. Free shuttle service from MSCP.

wendychan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
hasn't this policy been going on for a number of years now? i remember going to visit my mother/step mother in SGH 3-4 years ago, and already had to queue up and give them your IC..

"everytime i post, i am supposedly seeking sympathy..........."

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
at least they never confiscate your IC...:p:biggrin:

hasn't this policy been going on for a number of years now? i remember going to visit my mother/step mother in SGH 3-4 years ago, and already had to queue up and give them your IC..

"everytime i post, i am supposedly seeking sympathy..........."

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If any of the hospitals allow 'no limit' in visitors, it is not a good sign. Likely the patient about to up lorry.

Parking always a problem at SGH during peak hours. Free shuttle service from MSCP.

I doubt anyone would dare limit the number of maids & assistants of the "last leaf" whenever he visits the hospital. The same applies for his minions.

However when you have signs of contagion e.g. SARs, these people seem to disappear somewhere overseas:wink: An example of leading from the rear :biggrin:

Hans168

Alfrescian
Loyal
What makes them think AQ or JI will bomb the patients when they can just plant a bomb at base of building...?
Fucking stupid thing to do, just like Wong Kan Seng making sure Checkpoint pple must check car boot of all outgoing cars even the tyre compartment which can never hold an adult unless Mas Selamat is a yogi who can contort his whole body. Who gets inconvenienced? Who made couple of million bucks and did not catch the escapee for many years?
PS: he is back as special advisor to PM n Chairman of Singbridge of Temasek. The backdoor admits disgraced and outvoted buggers! If he got any pride he should get a job outside GLC or TLC......... he didn't or couldn't or wouldn't! So much for the myth that these buggers are worth the million buck salary.

Last edited:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Fucking stupid thing to do, just like Wong Kan Seng making sure Checkpoint pple must check car boot of all outgoing cars even the tyre compartment which can never hold an adult unless Mas Selamat is a yogi who can contort his whole body. Who gets inconvenienced? Who made couple of million bucks and did not catch the escapee for many years?......

Long time since I believed they are there to protect Spore:rolleyes:

It used to be that many things in Spore were cheaper than Malaysia. Now it's the reverse with Malaysia being cheaper.
The border checkpoints are there to prevent people from bringing in cheaper Malaysian products: fuel, cigarettes, groceries, DVDs, ...