• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

SGD Strong, Ringgit Weak

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
If I am a businessman in Malaysia, I'm really fucked.

So lucky.

Runifyouhaveto

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well you won't be if you derive yoru revenue in USD or SGD.

But if you revenue is in MYR and cost in SGD, then jialat liao!

Malaysian exporters were supposed to laugh their way to the bank as their costs are usually denominated in ringgit
then i heard, came the GST problem which made it difficult for them to reverse-claim the GST for export goods and affected exporters

In the end, export fell 8.8% in the first month of GST implementation.

gingerlyn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
sorry dont understand this part
market whisper: margin calls for some 80% SIBOR-pegged malaysian property loans triggered at local banks.
please explain

Runifyouhaveto

Alfrescian
Loyal
KUALA LUMPUR - In a shock move that is bound to roil Prime Minister Najib Razak's already embattled administration, the younger brother of Johor’s crown prince has warned Johor may secede from Malaysia.
In a post on Instagram, Tunku Idris Sultan Ibrahim issued a reminder that the Johor government had joined the Malay federation in 1946 on several conditions.

“If any of these conditions are violated, then Johor will secede from Malaysia,” Tunku Idris posted on his Instagram account @tunku_idris.

Among the conditions listed included making Islam the religion of the state, the state’s absolute right over water and land issues, and the state royal house to have its own armed forces.

http://www.malaysia-chronicle.com/i...ohor-sultan-threatens-secession-from-malaysia

I dunno if it is a good or bad thing if Johor secede from Malaysia. Johor will be a very strong state in Southeast Asia with its vast natural and financial resources. Effectively, an independent Johor state threatens both Singapore and Putrajaya. If Johor succeeds, it will encourage similiar motions in Penang, Sabah and Sarawak.

By then, we will ask
- will China recognize Johor?
- will US recognize Johor?
- will Russia recognize Johor?
- will Singapore recognize Johor?
- will commonwealth recognize Johor?

The reward? Straits of Malacca, at least

Runifyouhaveto

Alfrescian
Loyal
Do not catch this 1MDB falling knife. Any comment on EUR/USD ?

yup, coincidentally i just mentioned something about euro a few min ago in another post......

A local angmoh commercial vehicle dealer told RUN that they lost a lot of business to Mitsubshi Fuso, Toyota Dyna and Nissan Urvan lately because yen is super weak. He hopes that Greece will default and make Euro cheaper for them to compete.

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
yup, coincidentally i just mentioned something about euro a few min ago in another post......

A local angmoh commercial vehicle dealer told RUN that they lost a lot of business to Mitsubshi Fuso, Toyota Dyna and Nissan Urvan lately because yen is super weak. He hopes that Greece will default and make Euro cheaper for them to compete.

conti commercial vehicle beh kan lah. compare to jipunkia euro5 van, conti euro5 van not reliable and blow black smoke like nobody business. if u check 2nd hand market, conti brand at least $3-8k cheaper than jipunkia brands despite similar in size and duration of coe. while cheaper yen help but towkays are still willing to pay a premium for jipunkia brand. Only those new in business will buy small conti van as there only Datsun MV250 available and it more expensive than a kangroo. chit chat with fellow van drivers at home carpark, those who own conti van before all ptui chao nao, all complain about the black smoke, can only service at dealer and more expensive to service and no resale value.

and don't buy conti 12 foot truck, it only the truck version of the van with the back chopped off. no resale value.

Runifyouhaveto

Alfrescian
Loyal
conti commercial vehicle beh kan lah. compare to jipunkia euro5 van, conti euro5 van not reliable and blow black smoke like nobody business. if u check 2nd hand market, conti brand at least $3-8k cheaper than jipunkia brands despite similar in size and duration of coe. while cheaper yen help but towkays are still willing to pay a premium for jipunkia brand. Only those new in business will buy small conti van as there only Datsun MV250 available and it more expensive than a kangroo. chit chat with fellow van drivers at home carpark, those who own conti van before all ptui chao nao, all complain about the black smoke, can only service at dealer and more expensive to service and no resale value.

and don't buy conti 12 foot truck, it only the truck version of the van with the back chopped off. no resale value.

Belingo used to sell very well ten years ago when euro was very weak, although RUN felt that the engineering was too coarse compared to the Japanese vans.

Runifyouhaveto

Alfrescian
Loyal
Malaysia's central bank sought to depoliticise the debate over the weakening ringgit, releasing a rare statement urging the country to resolve domestic issues that have affected the currency.
http://www.businesstimes.com.sg/gov...bank-seeks-to-cool-political-noise-on-ringgit

Let's see if Ringgit will close above 2.80 this week.

Crossed 2.80 tonight

I wonder what will be our rate against ringgit on NDP, 50 years after independence from Malaysia
SGD used to be weaker than Ringgit back then.

lifeafter41

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Crossed 2.80 tonight

I wonder what will be our rate against ringgit on NDP, 50 years after independence from Malaysia
SGD used to be weaker than Ringgit back then.

If I recall correctly during the 70s it was rm0.8 to s$1. Still recall thinking how good it was to have more rm.

Anyway a quick note was that this 1 month time it has move from 2.68 to 2.80. That's almost 4.5%.
Those that convert from s$ to rm and put inside fd must be cursing now.

While the rate is attractive, the depreciation is not.
Wondering whether it will remain at 2.8. Seems to be holding though.

Runifyouhaveto

Alfrescian
Loyal
Anyway a quick note was that this 1 month time it has move from 2.68 to 2.80. That's almost 4.5%.
Those that convert from s$ to rm and put inside fd must be cursing now.

Good brother L41, this is ah RUN's reaction when i read your post

giphy.gif

I cannot imagine GG789's reaction when he reads your post, hahahahhaa
Anyway he got malaysia wife, so if RM drops = property drop = he can use his wife name to buy cheap <RM500K condo reserved for locals