• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious SG52 Water Crisis so 新尿水 PEEwater is mixed in NeWater for you!

minibond

Alfrescian
Loyal
https://www.thesun.co.uk/living/301...ocal-swimming-pool-the-answer-will-shock-you/

Urine trouble Here’s how much pee is actually in your local swimming pool – the answer will shock you

Scientists warn that urinating in the public pools is a public health concern
By SOPHIE ROBERTS
5th March 2017, 10:37 am
Updated: 5th March 2017, 11:21 am

Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)

Comments

SCIENTISTS have finally confirmed what everyone has suspected for years – people really do pee in swimming pools.

Researchers from the University of Alberta in Canada have developed a technique that allows them to estimate how much urine is in the water.
Measuring the artificial sweetener levels in the pool reveals how much pee is in the water
Getty Images
Measuring the artificial sweetener levels in the pool reveals how much pee is in the water

Samples are tested by looking at the levels of acesulfame potassium, an artificial sweeter that is often found in processed food.

If the water has higher levels of sweetener, it’s likely to contain a bigger concentration of urine.

Experts used this technique across 31 swimming pools and hot tubs in Canada in attempt to find out how much urine was expelled.

Alarmingly, a total of 75 LITRES of pee was found over the course of three weeks.

But while this may seem monumental, it’s not as bad as it first sounds when you put the amount into perspective.

Over 830,000 litres of swimming pool water were tested, 75 litres of which was urine – and the ratio can be clearly seen in the diagram above.
MOST POPULAR
‘Remove them from the show’ Viewers slam The Chase contestants for making this VERY embarrassing blunder
GET A SEX PACK Tone up the fun way with sexercises that work ALL muscles - we show you the best moves to get a full body workout
FLIPPING DANGEROUS A shattered spine, fractured skull, iron rod in leg, broken ankles, dislocated foot – why are trampoline parks jumping in popularity?
sumthing wrong Family are baffled by this 'ridiculous' Year 7 maths homework question... can YOU figure it out?
second glance None of these mind-bending images have been Photoshopped... so can you work out what's going on?
THE GOLDEN TICKET Here's what to look out for in the hunt for the final £5 note worth a whopping £50,000
spooky specter-cle Chilling photo shows ghostly apparition with 'hand and claws' perched on mum's shoulder
DEAR DEIDRE Teen worships me after I took his virginity but I lust for my bad boy lover
HIDE AND SNEAK Can YOU spot the four men hiding in this picture of a lone soldier? Only 1 per cent of people will be able to
growing mould gracefully Bloke claims he's kept McDonald's meal for five years... and it still looks EXACTLY the same
TEENAGE RIOT The Dr Phil guest is a viral sensation and internet meme - but who is Danielle Bregoli aka Cash Me Ousside girl?
FROM MARKET STALL TO £50M EMPIRE Poundland founder reveals his lavish lifestyle and breath-taking mansion
DEAR DEIDRE My girlfriend thinks I'm about to propose, but our relationship is all washed up after my steamy seaside fling
DISNEY DISASTER Holidaymakers who booked luxury trips to Disney hotel in Florida told building work will disrupt resort for 13 MONTHS
Scrub Up Shaving foam for glass and hairbrushes in the DISHWASHER... Cleaners reveal their top ten tips to save you cash
name check The REAL names of A-List celebs revealed, from Kathryn Hudson to Reginald Kenneth Dwight
HOW DO YOU MEASURE UP? Survey reveals what men and women think is the ideal breast size and the results are surprising
SNIFFING HER OUT Remember Harmony from The Queen's Nose? Here's what child star Victoria Shalet looks like now
'SHE DIED IN OUR ARMS' Parents' heartbreak as toddler, three, dies in hospital five weeks after being diagnosed with flu
HOME MAKERS Skint couple with no construction experience built their dream home for just £50,000 – and now it's worth FOUR TIMES that

After bringing the findings to light, researchers also revealed the negative impacts of swimming in a urine-infested pool.

The study reads: “Human urinary input into swimming pools is a public health concern, although urine itself is sterile.

“Urine contains many nitrogenous compounds such as urea, ammonia, amino acids, and creatinine.

“Exposure to volatile disinfection byproducts… in indoor swimming pools can lead to eye and respiratory irritation and has been linked to occupational asthma.”

The Sun