• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

[Sg video] - Youtuber Tried All of the Best Hokkien Mee stalls in Singapore. Here are his findings.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
agree. swee guan is da best. dryer, rich, thick gravy, noodles and bee hoon cooked with wok hei, smoky charcoal flavor, very prawny and lardy. squeeze of lime and spoonful of chili sauce top the plate. dryer thicker rich and caramelized version of hkm and charcoal cooked is the more authentic version to me as i grew up with it since 6.9 years old. the taste and flavor never left me. sinkies who favor the wetter non-caramelized noodle (little to no wok hei) version have no clue what real hkm is. secret is in pre-cooking the noodles in hot fiery wok without the gravy. and add gravy later. too many hkm wannabes add raw noodles into gravy to cook them. what fucking stupidity and laziness.

nabeifuckpap

Alfrescian
Loyal
Food Republic hokkien mee NEX one not bad, last time I eat was more than 10 years ago
Best one now is Yishun Northpoint City Kopitiam foodcourt $5 hkm best in North part of SG

A Singaporean

Alfrescian
Loyal
Fucking low class Sinkies and their preoccupation with hawker food. No wonder Ramesh and friends are the people with good paying jobs and looking down on coolie gene Sinkies.

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
agree. swee guan is da best. dryer, rich, thick gravy, noodles and bee hoon cooked with wok hei, smoky charcoal flavor, very prawny and lardy. squeeze of lime and spoonful of chili sauce top the plate. dryer thicker rich and caramelized version of hkm and charcoal cooked is the more authentic version to me as i grew up with it since 6.9 years old. the taste and flavor never left me. sinkies who favor the wetter non-caramelized noodle (little to no wok hei) version have no clue what real hkm is. secret is in pre-cooking the noodles in hot fiery wok without the gravy. and add gravy later. too many hkm wannabes add raw noodles into gravy to cook them. what fucking stupidity and laziness.
I supported the late Mr Alex when he was at Telok Kurau / East Coast Rd junction. Now I just go to Swee Guan.