• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

[Sg] - Tan Kin Lian promises to raise concerns over CPF and NS with PAP if he becomes president

UltimaOnline

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
6L3A0170.jpg

https://www.straitstimes.com/singap...over-cpf-ns-with-govt-if-he-becomes-president

Reactions: jw5

3_M

Alfrescian
Loyal
TkL must know what can be done and what is beyond his power. Such proposition might win the opposition votes but not the fence sitters. I think bad move for TKL.

dredd

Alfrescian
Loyal
Writing cheques that can't be banked eh. Any Tom, Dick or Harry can 'raise issues'. He got power? Nope.
Well, firstly a President is no Tom, Dick or Harry, so his raising of issues will have some traction. Secondly, raising issues don't always mean changing, just stirring shit and hopefully that will awaken the masses to their plight.

Anything is better than the last one. The makcik is a total write off, just sit in the Istana and wait for NDP to do some walkabout. Farking waste of taxpayer's money.

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bring up the 2 sons only did 6 months bmt and OSC and did not complete the whole stretch of 2.5 years NSF liability term without break... what's this white horse privilege thing...

Don't worry about vote.... the thamby has to intervene and challenge Tan in this election heat... a matter of SAF integrity in question... and game changer vote... whoever got guts 大将军强赢

This is President job too...

Last edited:

UltimaOnline

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Alamak, insurance man thinks the president is powerful. President just figure head with some veto powers. Everything else, like NS, CPF, is not the president's concern.

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I din noe TKL stand for tok kok Lian. Don’t be big cannon fairy and talk nonsense. He ought to know president is just a puppet.

Willamshakespear

Alfrescian
Loyal
But Halimah wanted Singaporeans to know : I suffered countless sleepless nights as President, when LHL begged me to allow him to use billions from Sg's reserves to fight Covid! I had such a tough job as president!

202306091008792494d810ec2-ebe3-46d2-96b8-64b52d83230b.jpg

https://www.straitstimes.com/singap...nce-amid-global-uncertainty-president-halimah

The insignificant nobody me would NEVER participate over matters of Freedom of Will, of Earthborn Humans. Each has the FREE WILL to make their own choices with the gift of life, & live with the consequences..

The insignificant nobody me can understand the MORAL DILEMMA that Prez Halimah had to go thru. She is certainly a FAR FAR more an accomplish Human & CITIZEN of Singapore, with her DECADES to tirelessly serve our Nation & Citizens, more so during the era of COV id 19.

Do allow me to share my experience during that pandemic.

While queuing up during a PCB test, that was Nationally mandatory, the health authorities thru BATCH detection, which was necessary to save costs, time & effort, someone in my queue was tested positive for COV id 19, & was told a second test was required from everyone in that queue/batch for further testing, & arrangements made for my presence at the test center at no cost to me.

I went for the test, but was SHOCKED by the level of arrangements made by the Health Authorities for me. I was treated like a VIP. It is nothing special to me, as I had been treated with VIP status during my vacations overseas, ON MY OWN hard earned money. But this was different, as an SUV was awaiting me at the foyer of my apartment, then sat behind, door closed & sent to the PCB test center.

After the test by professional doctors, I went back to the foyer, and was signaled by my assigned driver to wait there as he would drive his SUV to pick me up at the stairway. It was too much to my proletarian leanings . I signaled to him instead that I would walked the few mere steps to the carpark. When he sent me back to my apartment, I took out a $50 note to thank him for his services, but he, a fellow citizen, politely rejected & told me that he had already been paid for his services.

It was almost evening when i reached back. I went to my well stocked up fridge of Tiger beers, & attempted to drown myself & guilt over what happened. That mere service may only be est $100 for car & medical services, but when extrapolated to MILLIONS of citizen, the figures would be staggering. Such costs CAME FROM TAXPAYERS - from the PM to the toilet cleaner struggling to survive, whom are not taxed directly, it came from GST & willingness to contribute to our Nation's growth & evolution...

Thru my tears, I did not blame our PM, our system of governance, as they had HUGE responsibilities to the Nation. It was a pandemic & made worse during an election year of a Free World leader which was in USA, whom its opposition had tried every means, even a health scare, to bring down an opponent.

Our Nation RELIED on scientific evidences, but during that period of confusion, saving Singaporean lives was far more critical, to leave none behind, even though evidences suggested that only those at risk group - those with chronic illness, the aged whom cellular life would eventually decay as none would live forever, would suffer from a biological organism that survived far even beyond Humankind appeared on Earth.

I only blamed myself, for my inability to convince authorities of such, that eventually proven to be true, even though thru numerous other social media means & many more others Worldwide....Fortunately, our elected Govt realized the economy costs of lockdowns & mental health of Humans, let alone citizens, on their own & courageously ended it, & subsequently, followed by other nations, to LIVE & ADAPT to such biological organisms, with medical tech advances to save lives, than to shut everything down & destroy civilization, as China almost did in its futile & delusional perceptions that it could win against Nature that NO mortal could ever do...

Thus, I understand how our present President Yacob felt....

millim6868

Alfrescian
Loyal
The most useless president is in sg,lol, the worse is the step down Indian origin president ,the most cbl, easy money ,her kids better Don tell ppl who their mother or else ppl will pui

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why till now, ah Lian never take responsibility of his actions during the Tan erection whereby he caused ah Bock to loose to KFC?

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Why till now, ah Lian never take responsibility of his actions during the Tan erection whereby he caused ah Bock to loose to KFC?

Bock's loss is the responsibility of the voters. 2/3 of the Singapore electorate did not vote for Bock.

rodent2005

Alfrescian
Loyal
I din noe TKL stand for tok kok Lian. Don’t be big cannon fairy and talk nonsense. He ought to know president is just a puppet.
Big cannon Sun 孙大炮 can also become revered founding father of PRC and ROC. Sometimes big cannon also accomplish great stuff.