• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

[Sg Reddit] - Non-Muslim Malays, what is it like to be you?

UltimaOnline

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Takemypennies :

My cousin-in-law is an Orang Asli. He hides in my aunt’s house every Ramadan to avoid the religious police. The likelihood of him getting caught is extremely high if he eats outside, because he looks like a Malay.

It be wild out here. If a (muslim) stranger snitches on you for eating during Ramadan, jail for up to 2 weeks, the snitch gets RM 500 reward. If a (muslim) family member does the same, the snitch gets RM 1000 reward.

PCnewbie99 :

To think that this even exists in 2023 is crazy...Like let that dude choose his own religion and decide for himself if he wants to eat or not for fuck's sake.

Front_Willingness55 :

oh wow thats some serious penalty....no wonder alot of malaysian chinese were afraid last election when they saw those religious parties winning alot of seats

nonametrans :

In rural Malaysia tho, they're talking about a total Islamic state, where sharia law will apply to non-muslims also. Wonder how many Singaporeans would dare cross the border if that happens.

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
I drink regularly even during afternoon in ramadan and even when I go KL. No issues as long as you know where to drink.