• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

[Sg] - Nurul Aini Says She Learnt Mandarin From Ch 8 Dramas; Once Told Off An Actress Who Dissed Her In The Language Thinking She Didn’t Understand It

UltimaOnline

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
1648919351656.png

As someone who can speak three languages, Nurul is one of the few artistes who has been cast in Malay, English and Chinese productions.

She will soon be seen in several episodes of new long-form drama The Heartland Hero as Nora bin Rashid, a well-liked doctor in a neighbourhood clinic. Fellow Suria star Fauzie Laily also joins the cast as her brother Adam bin Rashid, a police officer.

While Nurul was supposed to speak only English in the series, the executive producer added some Mandarin lines for her upon learning at the imaging session that she could speak the language.

“I started watching Ch 8 dramas with English subtitles when I was about seven years old, but I didn’t realise how much Mandarin I’d actually managed to pick up until I went to secondary school,” she shared.

According to Nurul, a girl came up to her on the first day of orientation and spoke to her in Mandarin, and to Nurul’s own surprise, she was able to understand everything and even reply in the same language.

“I myself was shocked!” she exclaimed. “Since then, I realised that I can actually understand and speak Mandarin."

https://www.8days.sg/entertainment/...-mandarin-from-ch-8-dramas-once-told-15337894

https://forums.fuckwarezone.com.sg/...from-5-room-flat-to-3-storey-terrace.6726205/