• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

[Sg/My] - Malaysian Indian man writes about Malaysia versus Singapore

UltimaOnline

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
1651135501027.png

The current ruling party in our neighbouring and erstwhile former country-mate, Singapore, announced their pick for their next generation prime minister. They seem to have everything under control and properly planned out.

Since tearfully leaving the Malaysia-project in 1965, Singapore has gone on to develop from a swampy island to perhaps one of the shiniest examples for the world on what can happen with determined leadership, and well-thought through governance.

As painful as it is for us Malaysians to admit, our neighbour has surpassed us in so many fields. From technological and educational advancements to monetary policies, and socio-cultural experiments in a plural society, Singapore is arguably leaps and bounds ahead of us.

It really upsets me whenever I go to Singapore.

Their efficiency and ease of transportation; simplicity of structure for opening and conducting business; the ability to keep the nation free from radical religiosity; the proper pedestrian walkways; the frequency of international musicians and bands who opt to stop on tour there instead of here; the glamour and sheen on their Formula One circuit; the pittance I get when I convert my ringgit to their dollars; and the list goes on.

Singapore truly upsets me. And, it should upset you too.

That is, if you are not jingoistic and prone to fall for our perpetual propaganda about Malaysia being “truly Asia” and our penchant for saying to ourselves that “…there’s no place like Malaysia”.

I get irked in Singapore simply because their people are no different than us.

In fact, so many things are manned and run by Malaysians in that country. Our compatriots in Singapore seem to work with so much more purpose and passion. And there is much evidence that the bulk of that nation’s backbone is actually made up of ‘former’ Malaysians.

Heck, even the father of their newly minted prime minister-designate is ‘Ipoh-mali’.

His father went to Singapore to work in sales for Sime Darby, and perhaps thought it was better if he domiciled there, instead of coming back here. There is no doubt that his son could have never been in contention for prime minister-ship in our country.

Things are better in Singapore. With the possible exception being when they appropriate all our food and claim these as their own creations to the world. Aside from that, there is nothing but envy in me about their nation.

The food thing is really very annoying, for sure. But, as a nation, they seem to be better equipped to promote what they offer, globally. And kudos to their government, which seems to know how to ‘market’ their hawker fare more effectively on the international stage, than us.

So, what went wrong for Malaysia?

Now, some people reading this, will, in a nonchalant and blasé way simply tell me that if I don’t like living in Malaysia, I should just leave. Others might get affronted and tell me to move to Singapore. Worse, as a member of a minority community in my country, I have even been told to go back to where I come from, or be grateful for this blessed land.

And, herein lies the problem.

Speaking up and calling a spade exactly what it is, often provokes extreme patriotic sentiments. People in Malaysia are schooled to sweep things under the carpet, and pretend that everything is hunky-dory.

To this mix of apathy, we can add the special privileges and exclusive state-sponsored policies for the majority community in Malaysia. Our leaders set up their leadership legitimacy on a platform of defending these rights. And, in the process, they have bred generations of Malaysians who distrust each other as well as fear losing their rights to other communities.

Rather than providing exemplary and inclusive leadership, they divide us and lord over us. Their modus operandi is to continually stoke the flames of communal and religious intolerance. All the while, they have been accommodating and facilitating the rise of fanaticism. And, they do precious little to assuage the racial tensions that are building up.

On the other hand, in Singapore, their prime minister-designate in 2021 spoke at a public forum on race and racism, where he acknowledged that in any multi-racial society, it is harder to be a minority than the majority. He went on to explain that the majority community in Singapore understood this.

And so, he asked his fellow Singaporeans to do more and take the extra step to make their minority friends, neighbours, and co-workers feel comfortable. He then invited his fellow countrymen and women to treat others in the same way they’d like to be treated, and by their actions, educate their children to do the same.

Will a Malaysian leader ever stand-up in public and acknowledge that it is actually harder and more complex to be part of a minority community in our country?

Of course, no. Not at least in the near future. And this is our problem.

Special interests and privileges; the pandering to the elites; the apologists in our minority community who are only interested in their own personal gain; the rise of religious radicalism; the lack of clarity of leadership; and the non-inclusivity of all races in Malaysia is why we cannot compare and compete with even our tiniest next-door neighbour.

Do we just bury our head in the sand and keep saying that Malaysia is an amazing place to live, or do we finally wake-up and stop our country from going on a downward spiral?

Malaysia needs to decide, and do it quickly.

https://www.freemalaysiatoday.com/c...t-even-compete-with-tiny-neighbour-singapore/

https://forums.fuckwarezone.com.sg/...ompete-with-tiny-neighbour-singapore.6740048/

UltimaOnline

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

xeonboy :​

edwarde2 said:
With the possible exception being when they appropriate all our food and claim these as their own creations to the world. Aside from that, there is nothing but envy in me about their nation.

Nonsense. The ancestors of modern Malaysian-Chinese/Indians and Singaporean-Chinese/Indians come from the same 2 countries. They brought with them the same recipes from the same lands, and when here in MY and SG, the food also evolves and develops similarly (but not identical).

For example, SG char kway teow beats all variants of MY char kway teow especially Penang.
Our laksa beats their laksa and especially, true SG chicken rice (not the common type in SG nowadays where it's actually Malaysian-style) is supreme.

https://forums.fuckwarezone.com.sg/...ompete-with-tiny-neighbour-singapore.6740048/

batman1

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have m'sian friends who are SPRs who have worked in s'pore for 20 to 30years but refused to convert to S'pore citizens .

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Since tearfully leaving the Malaysia-project in 1965, Singapore has gone on to develop from a swampy island to perhaps one of the shiniest examples for the world on what can happen with determined leadership, and well-thought through governance.
Why do they keep repeating this?
Singapore was no swamp.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Singapore was no swamp.

Singapore was a fishing village back in 1965. Ah Gong swore that in 10 years, by 1975, Singapore will become a metropolis. And so we did. Majulah PAP!

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singapore was a fishing village back in 1965. Ah Gong swore that in 10 years, by 1975, Singapore will become a metropolis. And so we did. Majulah PAP!
It was already the trading centre for malay archipelago.in the old days, wooden boats from indonesia will bring goods for barter trading.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
It was already the trading centre for malay archipelago.in the old days, wooden boats from indonesia will bring goods for barter trading.

Barter trading is for the small timers. Ah Gong was right when he said that Singapore was merely a fishing village in 1965, when people still engaged in barter trading.

millim6868

Alfrescian
Loyal
Those that Don want to convert cos the, are lee hing on the systems a couple if one of them is a citizen they can e joy the best of both worlds even the white clowns mostly are Malaysians back ground,if sg is like ukrine situation,I tell u ,sg fight for wat, protect Yr debts ,u will see many PRs smiling sll the way to their country nothing to lose,lol,as white clowns make use of PRs to push up hdb flats prices , even got one colleague whole family are PRs except the husband n they get to enjoy all benefits as sg citizens in terms of new flat , baby bonus ,etc , 61 % sinkies still blur, n worse is the wife as PR has properties in Malaysia, u cannot blame is many white clowns their background are Malaysians

Willamshakespear

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singapore was no swamp.

Although it is true that Singapore was NOT a swamp back in the old days, as Sir Stamford Raffles found out in 1819 & EVEN the evil Hitler did in 1940s, it was a STRATEGIC port city based upon its geo-location - the central point between the EAST & WEST Hemisphere of planet Earth, CAPABLE of serving self serving nations as England did in the 18th century to complement its immense wealth back than.

However, LITTLE was developed for inhabitants of Singapore. It was the port & the roads that its cottage industries that could serve the interests of our once colonial masters, were developed, & Education was only meant for the Elites whom served the interests of the Brits, while most indigenous people such as our forefathers were left to slave on farms & industries, even kids, right up to even the conquest by Japanese overlords in the 1940s.

It was only when WW2 was won by USA & other allied nations whom saw the danger & evil that had wrought by selfish Humankind, that change occurred in our World & civilizations. And even after independences were encouraged & given by the victors of WW2, selfish interests within flawed Humans persists, & our nation was booted out of the independent Malaysian federation, whom our GREAT leaders sought only to be EQUALS, as the great Constitution of USA - the victors, which began with the preamble that ALL man are born equal, but however, on the selfish belief of supremacy beliefs of Msian leaders back then, akin to the evil Hitler whom believed that soon our founding & forefathers would not survive & would come groveling back on knees to the Msian federation & be subjugated as once they had been for centuries under superior might & cruelty from rulers.

Our brave & courageous founding & forefathers never did, but instead ROLLED up sleeves, made sacrifices, many, together as our sacred National Pledge had proven, & gave us our todays, for ALL levels of our civilization, leaving none behind that our overlords once did.

My humble respects still for Malaysia & its citizens. I wish them well, but our nation Singapore has to forge ahead, working harder & smarter than any other nation on Earth, this generation & the next, based upon the courage & hardwork of our forefathers, to honor them, & for futures to come for those whom we loved & loved in return, & to work TOGETHER, to confront challenges ahead without fear or favor, to find solutions so that ALL may survive, with a better future ahead. EVERY. even no matter how small contribution, EACH counts, as it will be the sum of WHOLE, so do not, never, ever belittle yourself if even capable of only small effort. We are in this nation building effort started by our great founding & fathers, together.

Failure is NOT an option, driven hard into our genetic heritage since modern Singapore was founded in 1965..

Last edited:

mahjongking

Alfrescian
Loyal
peesai glory days are over,
we are now a nation of grabfood, grabride, grab -nehneh,

our only product is rental economy, how long can you last? we never have ANYTHING to sell to the world
better grab as much as possible and get the fuck outta here

those who retire with some money better find a cheaper place if not within 8-10 years, money not enough, all sucked up by pap

Last edited:

mahjongking

Alfrescian
Loyal
Although it is true that Singapore was NOT a swamp back in the old days, as Sir Stamford Raffles found out in 1819 & EVEN the evil Hitler did in 1940s, it was a STRATEGIC port city based upon its geo-location - the central point between the EAST & WEST Hemisphere of planet Earth, CAPABLE of serving self serving nations as England did in the 18th century to complement its immense wealth back than.

However, LITTLE was developed for inhabitants of Singapore. It was the port & the roads that its cottage industries that could serve the interests of our once colonial masters, were developed, & Education was only meant for the Elites whom served the interests of the Brits, while most indigenous people such as our forefathers were left to slave on farms & industries, even kids, right up to even the conquest by Japanese overlords in the 1940s.

It was only when WW2 was won by USA & other allied nations whom saw the danger & evil that had wrought by selfish Humankind, that change occurred in our World & civilizations. And even after independences were encouraged & given by the victors of WW2, selfish interests within flawed Humans persists, & our nation was booted out of the independent Malaysian federation, whom our GREAT leaders sought only to be EQUALS, as the great Constitution of USA - the victors, which began with the preamble that ALL man are born equal, but however, on the selfish belief of supremacy beliefs of Msian leaders back then, akin to the evil Hitler whom believed that soon our founding & forefathers would not survive & would come groveling back on knees to the Msian federation & be subjugated as once they had been for centuries under superior might & cruelty from rulers.

Our brave & courageous founding & forefathers never did, but instead ROLLED up sleeves, made sacrifices, many, together as our sacred National Pledge had proven, & gave us our todays, for ALL levels of our civilization, leaving none behind that our overlords once did.

My humble respects still for Malaysia & its citizens. I wish them well, but our nation Singapore has to forge ahead, working harder & smarter than any other nation on Earth, this generation & the next, based upon the courage & hardwork of our forefathers, to honor them, & for futures to come for those whom we loved & loved in return, & to work TOGETHER, to confront challenges ahead without fear or favor, to find solutions so that ALL may survive, with a better future ahead. EVERY. even no matter how small contribution, EACH counts, as it will be the sum of WHOLE, so do not, never, ever belittle yourself if even capable of only small effort. We are in this nation building effort started by our great founding & fathers, together.

Failure is NOT an option, driven hard into our genetic heritage since modern Singapore was founded in 1965..

is that you johnny?
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

ecgwee

Alfrescian
Loyal
View attachment 144120

The current ruling party in our neighbouring and erstwhile former country-mate, Singapore, announced their pick for their next generation prime minister. They seem to have everything under control and properly planned out.

As painful as it is for us Malaysians to admit, our neighbour has surpassed us in so many fields. From technological and educational advancements to monetary policies, and socio-cultural experiments in a plural society, Singapore is arguably leaps and bounds ahead of us.

It really upsets me whenever I go to Singapore.

Their efficiency and ease of transportation; simplicity of structure for opening and conducting business; the ability to keep the nation free from radical religiosity; the proper pedestrian walkways; the frequency of international musicians and bands who opt to stop on tour there instead of here; the glamour and sheen on their Formula One circuit; the pittance I get when I convert my ringgit to their dollars; and the list goes on.

Singapore truly upsets me. And, it should upset you too.

That is, if you are not jingoistic and prone to fall for our perpetual propaganda about Malaysia being “truly Asia” and our penchant for saying to ourselves that “…there’s no place like Malaysia”.

I get irked in Singapore simply because their people are no different than us.

In fact, so many things are manned and run by Malaysians in that country. Our compatriots in Singapore seem to work with so much more purpose and passion. And there is much evidence that the bulk of that nation’s backbone is actually made up of ‘former’ Malaysians.

Heck, even the father of their newly minted prime minister-designate is ‘Ipoh-mali’.

His father went to Singapore to work in sales for Sime Darby, and perhaps thought it was better if he domiciled there, instead of coming back here. There is no doubt that his son could have never been in contention for prime minister-ship in our country.

Things are better in Singapore. With the possible exception being when they appropriate all our food and claim these as their own creations to the world. Aside from that, there is nothing but envy in me about their nation.

The food thing is really very annoying, for sure. But, as a nation, they seem to be better equipped to promote what they offer, globally. And kudos to their government, which seems to know how to ‘market’ their hawker fare more effectively on the international stage, than us.

So, what went wrong for Malaysia?

Now, some people reading this, will, in a nonchalant and blasé way simply tell me that if I don’t like living in Malaysia, I should just leave. Others might get affronted and tell me to move to Singapore. Worse, as a member of a minority community in my country, I have even been told to go back to where I come from, or be grateful for this blessed land.

And, herein lies the problem.

Speaking up and calling a spade exactly what it is, often provokes extreme patriotic sentiments. People in Malaysia are schooled to sweep things under the carpet, and pretend that everything is hunky-dory.

To this mix of apathy, we can add the special privileges and exclusive state-sponsored policies for the majority community in Malaysia. Our leaders set up their leadership legitimacy on a platform of defending these rights. And, in the process, they have bred generations of Malaysians who distrust each other as well as fear losing their rights to other communities.

Rather than providing exemplary and inclusive leadership, they divide us and lord over us. Their modus operandi is to continually stoke the flames of communal and religious intolerance. All the while, they have been accommodating and facilitating the rise of fanaticism. And, they do precious little to assuage the racial tensions that are building up.

On the other hand, in Singapore, their prime minister-designate in 2021 spoke at a public forum on race and racism, where he acknowledged that in any multi-racial society, it is harder to be a minority than the majority. He went on to explain that the majority community in Singapore understood this.

And so, he asked his fellow Singaporeans to do more and take the extra step to make their minority friends, neighbours, and co-workers feel comfortable. He then invited his fellow countrymen and women to treat others in the same way they’d like to be treated, and by their actions, educate their children to do the same.

Will a Malaysian leader ever stand-up in public and acknowledge that it is actually harder and more complex to be part of a minority community in our country?

Of course, no. Not at least in the near future. And this is our problem.

Special interests and privileges; the pandering to the elites; the apologists in our minority community who are only interested in their own personal gain; the rise of religious radicalism; the lack of clarity of leadership; and the non-inclusivity of all races in Malaysia is why we cannot compare and compete with even our tiniest next-door neighbour.

Do we just bury our head in the sand and keep saying that Malaysia is an amazing place to live, or do we finally wake-up and stop our country from going on a downward spiral?

Malaysia needs to decide, and do it quickly.

https://www.freemalaysiatoday.com/c...t-even-compete-with-tiny-neighbour-singapore/

u should be ashamed as a msian writing like that. if u so admire sgp where u dont cross over.
Most msians are happy living the msian life and just bow to sgp for their singdollar. as far as living the sgp life....take mrt ..live in public flats..forget it.
msians like it just the way it is. ike having 3 landed houses for a family and 5 cars to drive around.. Ok everything is cheap compared to sgp. But cheap to msian is good...not bad.
corrupted politician who take a few thousands is better than politician that legal pay themselve millions i. paying a traffic policeman 50 ringgit to feed his family is better than paying 300 dollars to traffic police to feed the politician million dollar PAY PACKAGE

Willamshakespear

Alfrescian
Loyal
Who taught the europeans to navigate?
The 1st recorded sailors in human history were the Phonecians whom lived in the medditeranean & northern African seas.

The point of me including the video is not so much about who discovered the New World, but Vangelis's uplifting epic music for Spore citizens to reflect upon the trials, fears, & hardwork of our courageous forefathers to give us our todays.

KuanTi01

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Singapore was a bustling metropolis and trading hub before Raffles claimed it for the Crown. If it was otherwise he would have chosen another landing site.