• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

[Sg] - Millennial Gives Up High Pay Tax Accountant Job To Sell Min Jiang Kueh, Is Happy Despite Much Lower Pay & ‘Torturous’ Work

UltimaOnline

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
mian_mian_bu_duan_bukit_merah_min_jiang_kueh_pancake_6.png

https://www.8days.sg/eatanddrink/hawkerfood/mian-mian-bu-duan-min-jiang-kueh-820496

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
even her hairdo looks like min jiang kueh. she may contemplate changing her stall name from mian mian bu duan to les bian bu guan.

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
<<In 2021, Jiali bidded for a stall at Bukit Merah Central Food Centre and set up her own pancake business there. She called it Mian Mian Bu Duan, after the Chinese idiom for disciplined continuity.

My mentor advised me to open at a less busy location due to my condition. I like this location ’cos it’s not very busy or ‘happening’, but it’s a good place to start,” she says.>>

lol the mentor did her dirty. If don’t earn enough to cover rent and expenses, wouldn’t it be worse for her mental health?

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Tax accountants are frequently forced by clients to bend the rules a bit just to reduce amount of taxation. Some of it could be illegal and cause serious repercussion. Better to be hawker.
In the case of hin leong, would banks continue to loan money to a insolvent company?

ftan42

Alfrescian
Loyal
can prove that one stall that sells min jiang kueh suka suka closed for the holiday and will close for one or two weeks during the school holiday

millim6868

Alfrescian
Loyal
She must be paid lower then foreigners or PR so tulan resign,hv seen local being force to resign as they hv friend want the job

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
At Mian Mian Bu Duan, Jiali offers five flavours: the classic Peanut, Peanut Butter, Coconut and Red Bean ($1.50 to $1.70 a slice) and a mod Peanut Butter Jelly ($2.20 a slice). The min jiang kueh is also available for purchase in whole pan portions.

These young hawkers, always trying to be so clever and portray themselves or their business as a special snowflake, something exceptional unlike the others. :biggrin: