• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

[Sg] - 'Is it just me going crazy?' Junior employee in Singapore questions culture of working 44 hours a week

UltimaOnline

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
trending_singapore_44_hour_work_week.png

https://www.todayonline.com/singapore/44-hour-work-week-singapore-2384926

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Continue to work, research other opportunities, improve your written and spoken English (learn to speak with a neutral accent and avoid Singlish), improve social, personal, and inter personal skills, explore and evaluate opportunities in other countries.

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
He is a typical lazy, useless, whiny millennial. Since this is his first full-time job, he ought to get into the rhythm of corporate life instead of kpkb-ing, He's lucky to even have a job. All of us went through this when we first started out. Welcome to the life of a working adult, no longer a kid hor. So hunker down and get on with it.

Or he can work flexi and do food delivery.

Balls2U

Alfrescian
Loyal
This bozo must be from the Strawberry generation. Can be home at 6.30pm everyday is considered a luxury already. Like that still wants to complain.

gsbslut

Stupidman
Loyal
He is a typical lazy, useless, whiny millennial. Since this is his first full-time job, he ought to get into the rhythm of corporate life instead of kpkb-ing, He's lucky to even have a job. All of us went through this when we first started out. Welcome to the life of a working adult, no longer a kid hor. So hunker down and get on with it.

Or he can work flexi and do food delivery.
i also work very hard. never late for work. my only bad habit is that i am addicted to sammyboy forum and whenever i take a break at work, i end up here with my mobile phone.

millim6868

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sinkies ask for it, situation doesn't benefit locals ,only foreigners,jiuhu kia most happy , u ask for it, more to come,lol,now special a ct close later on ordinary slso not yrs ,lol

millim6868

Alfrescian
Loyal
Esp jiuhu pr ladies song, here hdb rent out ,jb buy landed, song song yro lan pa, for female song song play cucumber,lol

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
ntuc.png

When you have these clowns as your 'labour union', this is to be expected. :wink:

In civilized countries, you want your workers to work OT beyond the stipulated working hours in the work contract? You can, but you must give a very good excuse and pay proper OT wages. Otherwise your company will get its panties sued off. :cool:

SkyRider

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is what happen when you buy into someone else story. You are helping to mind others' businesses rather than minding your own business.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This is what happen when you buy into someone else story. You are helping to mind others' businesses rather than minding your own business.

Not true, if you actually know entrepreneurs personally. They usually work all the time, but it's voluntary.

This is what happens when you have PAP technocrats in cahoots with a fake labour union NTUC selling the snake oil of 'tripartism'. The inevitable consequence is the exploitation of workers. That exploitation need not necessarily manifest itself as working longer hours.

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
i also work very hard. never late for work. my only bad habit is that i am addicted to sammyboy forum and whenever i take a break at work, i end up here with my mobile phone.
I wouldn't call that a bad habit. It's an intelligent way to spend our free time. We can learn so much from this forum. :biggrin: