• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

[Sg]- Elderly woman earns $200-$300 a day begging at Bedok MRT exit, despite having a maid at home to care for her, kind Viet woman wanted to give $50

UltimaOnline

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Job opportunity. $6000 to $9000 per month. Income is Tax and CPF free. 10am to 7pm.

Elderly woman earns $200-$300 a day begging at Bedok MRT exit, despite having a maid at home to care for her

SINGAPORE: The Chinese daily has revealed that an elderly woman has been earning hundreds of dollars a day begging from commuters at an exit of Bedok MRT station, despite allegedly having a maid at home to care for her.

Bedok MRT appears to be a hotspot for tissue sellers. Online chat forums have been rife about how one exit gets crowded with licensed and unlicensed individuals plying tissues to passersby.

Some have said there could sometimes be five or six people – both old and young men and women – setting up “stalls” every morning near the exit to sell tissues. The area gets even more crowded over the weekends when one or two new faces appear to “rob business” from the regulars.

An 8 World reporter descended upon the area yesterday (20 Feb) and stumbled upon an elderly woman allegedly begging passersby to give her some money.

The reporter said that the woman appeared around noon and moved slowly, her waist was bent at 90 degrees. She touched her knees while walking as if her knees were in pain. Whenever someone walked past her, she would ask them for money, and the reporter saw some public members giving her money.

One such individual, a Vietnamese woman who works in the food and beverage industry, gave the woman $2. When asked why she did so, she told the reporter: “She asked me if I could give her money. I saw that she was a poor old woman and decided to give her money, but I didn’t have much money, otherwise I wanted to give her $50.”

She added, “Regardless of whether grandma told the truth or not, I will still help her, because if what she said is true, I can still help her.”

Some public members, however, informed the reporter that the elderly woman allegedly has a son and a daughter and even hires a maid. Despite this, she appears at the exit every day from 10 am to 7 pm and allegedly earns $200-$300 a day.

When the reporter approached the woman and asked her for more information, she told him, “Can you give me the money? I am in my 80s and live alone.” She reportedly refused to respond when the reporter continued to ask questions.

https://forums.fuckwarezone.com.sg/...aving-a-maid-at-home-to-care-for-her.6875218/

searcher1

Alfrescian
Loyal
Begging is not permitted in Singapore, if Auntie needs help, always can go to nearest Police Station
Police will contact MSF social worker to come assist, its purely BS if she everyday come beg for free money

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Begging is no different from entertaining. Her begging is an act and it is up to us to decide her act is worth our $2.

Beggars are actors.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I fondly remember the good old days when a swarm of beggars gathered outside the Waterloo Street temple.

Real beggars, not the ones of today begging for donations or for you to buy their flowers and tissue paper etc.