• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

[Sg] - EDMWer finds Buddhist organization asking his son to pay lots of regular fees to be suspicious

UltimaOnline

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

1675263573983.png

ForWorldPeace :​

Hello to ALL EDMers , first and foremost just want to say a big Hi to all of you ( my first post ever!) !

This forum has been keeping me entertained for the past several years and i would like to say a big thank you to all of you for that.

Unfortunately i am currently facing a dilemma so i have no choice but to hear your opinions from my first ever post :(

Background story :

- my son is currently involved with this particular religious organisation ( Buddhist ) which is a positive thing imo but recently the stories that i am getting from him is they seem to be more keen in raising money.

-e.g they have to pay a certain fee ( not huge amounts but few hundred bucks) for certain online Buddhist classes. I dont mind paying it for him but is that how should be? my train of thoughts are such religious classes are mostly free and if you want to make a contribution willingly its up to you and not fixed

-they constantly encourage everyone in the group to bring in/introduce new members to spread the teachings ( still fine by me and i still support it). Was actually planning to attend spend some time with him in this particular June event till i heard there if my son introduce a NEW paying member (new member would actually have to pay 6x of the actual June classes fees) , my sons fee would be waived.

Is that normal ? i am just getting lots of bad vibes from this whole thing. Maybe i am just an old man and i lost touch with how the youngsters think these days.

Cheers

https://forums.fuckwarezone.com.sg/threads/need-serious-advice-should-i-pay-or-na.6867948/