• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

[Sg] - Delicious Pork Rice (Nasi Babi) at Changi Village Hawker Center

UltimaOnline

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
20230311_225012.jpg

20230311_203958_remastered.jpg

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
More and more stalls are selling pig leg rice... I guess it's another fad similar to pao fan. :biggrin:

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
They should have put 'Nasi Kaki Babi' on the signboard. Make it more authentic. And put it next to some Muslim stalls.

Also, younger hawkers, you should stop putting some 'cute cartoon mascot' on your signboard. You're not impressing anyone... you're embarrassing.

Case in point: Maxwell hawker centre:

pig-organ-soup-8128.jpg

borom

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This is basically Thai’s khao kha moo where it’s got salted veges and egg boiled this way and boiled veges. The name, with the words “mak mak” is a dead giveaway it’s Thai.
Wonder what does 'lor' means , sounds like handsome to me, so if correct " lor mak mak " means very handsome ?
Strange name

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
They should have put 'Nasi Kaki Babi' on the signboard. Make it more authentic. And put it next to some Muslim stalls.

Also, younger hawkers, you should stop putting some 'cute cartoon mascot' on your signboard. You're not impressing anyone... you're embarrassing.

Case in point: Maxwell hawker centre:

pig-organ-soup-8128.jpg
This one got connection one leh

https://www.8days.sg/eatanddrink/ha...maxwell-food-centre-koh-brother-outlet-689591

Good news for fans of Koh Brother Pig’s Organ Soup, a hawker institution in Tiong Bahru Market and Food Centre with more than sixty years of history. The well-loved stall, awarded with a Michelin Bib Gourmand since 2019, quietly opened an outlet at Maxwell Food Centre in June– selling the same signature dish of assorted pig organs in a clear broth spiked with salted mustard greens, but under a different moniker.

Meet the very literally named The Pig Organ Soup, whose mod, minimalist branding is in stark contrast to the retro storefront of the Tiong Bahru HQ. In fact, the affiliation to Koh Brother isn’t even mentioned at all. Which begs the question: why?

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Wonder what does 'lor' means , sounds like handsome to me, so if correct " lor mak mak " means very handsome ?
Strange name

Lor used here by these sinkie owners (I assumed sinkie) could mean our lor-bak however in Thai, lor-bak is know as moo-pah-lor (moo as in pig, pah-lor in hokkien or teochew mean our pah lor or braised)