• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

[Sg] - 26yo woman stealing from 2 supermarkets kena arrested by SPF

UltimaOnline

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Translated by Chatgpt

"Early morning theft at two supermarkets, a 26-year-old woman was caught during the second theft attempt. Supermarket staff chased her outside the store and apprehended her. The police arrived at the scene and made the arrest.

The theft incidents occurred on Saturday morning (May 27th). The locations were Fu Xing Supermarket and Giant Supermarket, situated at Block 829, Tampines Street 81.

A reporter from "Xin Ming Ri Bao" visited Fu Xing Supermarket on Saturday afternoon. Mr. Wu, a 50-year-old employee, described the incident. He stated that the woman entered the store on Saturday and first asked the cashier about "Pidan" (a preserved duck egg), behaving suspiciously inside the supermarket.

"So, when she entered the store, I became more vigilant and paid extra attention to her actions."

He said that after the woman picked up various food items, she went to the cashier to pay. However, he noticed that there were two bottles of Korean plum wine, worth about $25 each, in her eco bag. Therefore, after the woman left the supermarket, he and his colleague checked if she had paid for the two bottles of wine.

"When I realized that she hadn't paid, my two colleagues and I chased after her. I kept telling her to stop, but she continued to run."

However, Mr. Wu and his colleague quickly caught the woman, and one of them immediately called the police.

"At that time, the woman kept resisting and trying to escape. Two police officers arrived, conducted an investigation, and handcuffed her."

It is understood that before the theft at Fu Xing Supermarket, the woman had already stolen various food items from the nearby Giant Supermarket.

Mr. Wang, a staff member at Giant Supermarket (in his 50s), told reporters that the police informed them afterward about the theft in their store.

"The woman stole two packets of frozen chicken, two packets of minced pork, and two cans of sausages, with a total value of about $28."

When contacted, the police confirmed that they arrested the 26-year-old woman at 10:15 a.m. The investigation is ongoing.

For the complete report, please refer to the "Xin Ming Ri Bao" newspaper dated May 28th, 2023."

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
In certain woke US cities, you can shop lift and its legal as long as the goods taken does not exceed $1000. Its local authorities way of helping the poor. So shops in city centres are shutting as many see no point in paying.

UltimaOnline

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
In certain woke US cities, you can shop lift and its legal as long as the goods taken does not exceed $1000. Its local authorities way of helping the poor. So shops in city centres are shutting as many see no point in paying.

Wrong.

Can you steal up to $950 worth of merchandise in California without consequence under Proposition 47?

THE ANSWER​

This is false.

No, you can’t steal up to $950 worth of merchandise in California without consequence under Proposition 47. The proposition reduced the punishment for certain theft crimes, but it still classifies shoplifting as a misdemeanor.

https://www.verifythis.com/article/...heck/536-4d1de58e-bf47-4ede-8c2f-b4d0c1788b86