• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

[Sg] - “We are SAF-trained, so we are not afraid! " Civilians cooperate to subdue chopper-wielding attacker in Commonwealth

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Cut these guys some slack. People get high easily when given something as recognisation. Look at those lau uncles and lau aunties interviewed by msm, they praised their MASTER no end after receiving CDC vouchers.

Sustanon

Alfrescian
Loyal
SAF trained ji ki lan ok..... ji ki lan..... paul lampard.... NS wasted my 2.5 years + reservice cycles which could have been put to better use on more important activities like BBQ, smoking, drinking and slacking at the beach....

Willamshakespear

Alfrescian
Loyal
Condolences to the victims of a highly deranged person & may they have a speedy recovery. My salute to the three fellow NS trained citizens for their COURAGE in the face of an armed attacked, to SAVE MANY OTHERS LIVES...

During NS, many combat fit citizens would have to go thru strenuous Taekwondo training, everyone including even clerks, but sadly, some chose to 'keng' with excuses such as MC or supposed important work.

Taekwondo training, from white belt to black belt, it teaches one on how to defend oneself. TKD was developed centuries ago in response to oppression under Daimyo rule where citizens are NOT allowed to own arms, and suffered under brutality by armed samurais.

Those defensive & attack repetitive moves during training is to ensure that in an actual battle event, it would become INSTINCTIVE REACTION, as usually, there is no time to react but only upon training & instinct, a way of defensive life.

For example, one would have to assess the enemy intelligently. If he tall with long legs & arms, one would have to limit such advantage but getting close to him immediately, to not allow him to use long arms & legs to strike. If the enemy is short, with short arms & legs, then one can use one's longer arms & legs, to keep him a distance away, to deny him of any advantage, & many more other techniques......

Furthermore, there is also UNARMED COMBAT that is used to train NS soldiers. Bullets will eventually run out in desperate battles, & the only way to survive is to use unarmed combat moves to fight against enemies, especially at close quarters in trenches & rooms whereby long range rifles are not effective.

For example, an enemy will take at least 3 seconds to aim & fire. Any firing without aiming would mean a shot may not be able to take one down. It is this crucial 3 seconds that will save one's life - to rush forward, swing the enemy's rifle away & get him down.

Ultimately, the Art of War is about deceptions & distractions. Distract the enemy, eg - throw a chair or dustbin cover at him & while he is naturally focused upon the chair to defend himself, it will be time to close up the range between oneself & the enemy to bring him down.

Last edited:

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
image_45.jpg

2024020474641197f867d4b2-5421-49b8-b362-b09448c4e4ab.jpg

https://www.asiaone.com/singapore/w...lleged-chopper-wielding-attacker-commonwealth

That's true. Thanks to my SAF training, when the Tan family goes overseas for vacation, we've never been robbed or assaulted.

Willamshakespear

Alfrescian
Loyal
A mere 3 seconds would seem impossible to cowards & the PANICKY frightful, to OVERCOME an enemy.

But in reality, 3 seconds is proven SCIENTIFICALLY to be a long time....

Just get a stopwatch, & count calmly & REALISTICALLY after me - ' one thousand, two thousand, three thousand'. & one will REALIZE that there IS ENOUGH time to REACT, more so for those whom had been DEFENSIVELY trained, to save oneself & loved ones, other fellow citizens, for Humanity's survival from bullies & eventual progress & evolution....

Touchy

Alfrescian
Loyal
SAF trained would pull out their medical certificates and evidence that they are excused from running, carrying heavy loads, chasing after armed men etc.

how about excuse sunlight? I had a camp mate who did that, and the officer only allowed him to go home after sunset! :roflmao:

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
Cut these guys some slack. People get high easily when given something as recognisation. Look at those lau uncles and lau aunties interviewed by msm, they praised their MASTER no end after receiving CDC vouchers.
Cut them some slack? Might as well cut their tongues for sprouting nonsense!

True Believer

Alfrescian
Loyal
how about excuse sunlight? I had a camp mate who did that, and the officer only allowed him to go home after sunset! :roflmao:
My platoon mate during BMT was allergic to grass. At first, I thought it was narcotics and not the green grass of Pulau Tekong. LOL!