• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Setting up an online radio in Singapore

knowwhatyouwantinlife

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi bros out there, need your kind advice with regards to setting up an online radio in Singapore, most importantly, if I were to broadcast my own list of downloaded songs over the Net, am I liable to be sued or persecuted for any copyright infringements (ala old cases like napster, limewire etc.)?

Television

Alfrescian
Loyal
If your looking to make a buck on it, There are a few Radio hosting sites where you can pay a subscribing fee for a personnel online radio Station... Its good to use them 1st to see if your idea/You can sell before dropping a large amount and going independent.

Last edited:

Television

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sam,

Any ideas on this or issues with copyrights?

F.ing hell mate, Not say i want to fark you or what ...,but come on man... Copyright is the most basic/fundamental thing when thinking of opening a Radio station and you are here on a Forum asking about issues about copyright.. My Brutally honest reply to you is... Don't waste your time if your looking to make a buck on it.

Last edited:

presssomemore

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi bros out there, need your kind advice with regards to setting up an online radio in Singapore, most importantly, if I were to broadcast my own list of downloaded songs over the Net, am I liable to be sued or persecuted for any copyright infringements (ala old cases like napster, limewire etc.)?

Definitely!!! Do you even think your act of downloading the songs is legal? Downloading is bad enough, what do you think broadcasting will get you into?

Unless you do underground radio station. But that won't make you any money because if you start collecting money from subscribers or advertisers, you'll exposed yourself.

What you might want to do is set up radio station featuring new or unknown artistes whom I think will be more than willing to let you broadcast their works. Get a couple of re-known artistes or producers to support or comment in your station. Then when your station become popular, you might be able to collect air time fees from people who want you to broadcast their song.

dredd

Alfrescian
Loyal
Definitely!!! Do you even think your act of downloading the songs is legal? Downloading is bad enough, what do you think broadcasting will get you into?

Unless you do underground radio station. But that won't make you any money because if you start collecting money from subscribers or advertisers, you'll exposed yourself.

What you might want to do is set up radio station featuring new or unknown artistes whom I think will be more than willing to let you broadcast their works. Get a couple of re-known artistes or producers to support or comment in your station. Then when your station become popular, you might be able to collect air time fees from people who want you to broadcast their song.

Get some $$$ from horse-faced Whore to play her China Wine over and over again. The bitch has more than a few quid to spare I think.

knowwhatyouwantinlife

Alfrescian
Loyal
F.ing hell mate, Not say i want to fark you or what ...,but come on man... Copyright is the most basic/fundamental thing when thinking of opening a Radio station and you are here on a Forum asking about issues about copyright.. My Brutally honest reply to you is... Don't waste your time if your looking to make a buck on it.

not really true, there are already services like live365.com and shoutcast that does this...no not wanting to make any cent out of it (directly)...So if my server is located in US and royalties already paid for, can I physically be located in SG to use the online radio?

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset

You'll have to pay the royalties but once that issue is settled, you're pretty much home free.

Be prepared for significant bandwidth charges though as you'll need big servers and a large pipe if it does take off.

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You'll have to pay the royalties but once that issue is settled, you're pretty much home free.

Be prepared for significant bandwidth charges though as you'll need big servers and a large pipe if it does take off.

Taking advantage of fibre.