• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serie A Season 2011/2012

Edinson Cavani

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Serie A wrap: Klose fires Lazio, Inter find relief

11 December 2011

12427302760.jpg

Miroslav Klose's double helped Lazio to a 3-2 win at Lecce, while Inter Milan beat Fiorentina 2-0 in the Serie A on Saturday.Lazio moved to second after their hard-fought victory against Lecce, who belied their last-placed position on the league table to put in a brave performance at the Stadio Comunale Via del Mara.

Manager Serse Cosmi took over at Lecce last Sunday, and his new team made the perfect start when David Di Michele won a penalty after beating the offside trap on 12 minutes.
Di Michele dusted himself off before scoring from the spot. But Lazio found a way back into the match through Klose, who pounced on Mobido Diakite's flick-on to level proceedings against the run of play.

Lecce had further chances through Di Michele and Luis Muriel but failed to take advantage. The visitors made them pay two minutes into the second half, when Lorik Cana and Klose combined for the former to produce a neat finish to score.

Stefano Ferrario poked home for Lecce from close range on the hour mark, however, and the match seemed headed for a draw.
But with just one minute left in normal time, German veteran Klose met Djibril Cisse's cross with power to glance his effort into the back of the net.

Inter bounced back from successive home defeats to Udinese and CSKA Moscow with their win, which came thanks to goals either side of half-time from Giampaolo Pazzini and Yuto Nagatomo respectively.

Brazilian Philippe Coutinho provided a neat assist for the opener, with Pazzini racing onto the ball before slotting home his first league goal since September.
And the advantage was doubled just after the break, when Pazzini picked out Japan international Nagatomo to tap home from close range.

Elsewhere, Genoa won 2-0 at Siena, thanks to goals from Marco Rossi and Rodrigo Palacio.
Relegation-threatened Cesena also won on the road, toppling Palermo 1-0 after Adrian Mutu's second-half strike.

Edinson Cavani

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

720815_10_preview.jpg
Ranieri focused despite welcome win
Inter Milan coach Claudio Ranieri was not getting overly excited despite seeing his side record a 2-0 win over Fiorentina on Saturday evening.

713609_10_preview.jpg
Milan, Udinese look to go top
Udinese forward Antonio Di Natale has called on his team-mates not to get carried away by their position in the Serie A standings ahead of their clash with Chievo.

719897_10_preview.jpg
Quagliarella unsure over Juve future
Juventus striker Fabio Quagliarella admits he is unsure if his place in the side will be threatened by additions during the January transfer window.

719819_10_preview.jpg

Milan say no to Tevez-Pato swap deal
AC Milan vice-president Adriano Galliani has brushed aside rumours Alexandre Pato would be included in the deal to bring Carlos Tevez to the San Siro in January.

Edinson Cavani

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Boniek wants answers from Juve

11 December 2011

12427302500.jpg

Zbigniew Boniek has called on Juventus to explain their decision to exclude him from their list of 50 Black and White Legends.

The 55-year-old former Poland striker was initially awarded one of the 50 stars at the new Juventus Stadium to commend his contribution to the club, namely scoring the winning goal in the 1984 Cup Winners Cup final.
But he was removed from the list in late 2010 due to pressure from infuriated fans for his criticism of the club, and Boniek is now demanding answers as to why the Turin giants replaced him with Dutchman Edgar Davids.

"This is a question that should be asked at Juventus," Boniek told Tuttojuve. "I, for my former team, have always had great respect and I remember the day I came home to find a shirt of Juventus and a thank you letter which said I was added to the list of 50 stars."
"Then I learned from the press that they decided to exclude me from the list. I want to know the ultimate arbiter who changed their mind, and I challenge anyone to say that I said something wrong at Juve."

Boniek has previously spoken in disapproval of former Juve general manager Luciano Moggi, who was charged for his involvement in the 2006 Calciopoli scandal, but he believes his criticism of the ex-official is fully justified.
"Yes, I criticised Moggi, but I think I should certainly be applauded," Boniek said. "I do not know what to say, someone is probably bothered by the fact that I live in Rome."

Edinson Cavani

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Serie A wrap: Udinese go top, Milan draw

12 December 2011

12427303160.jpg

Udinese moved top in Serie A with a 2-1 win over Chievo on Sunday, while AC Milan earned a controversial 2-2 draw at Bologna.Antonio Di Natale opened the scoring for hosts Udinese in the 66th minute at the Stadio Fruili.

The veteran striker capitalised on Udinese's considerable pressure to break a long deadlock, heading home Mauricio Isla's cross.
Dusan Basta made it 2-0 with a diving header from a corner on 78 minutes.Substitute Alberto Paloschi pulled one back for Chievo with seven minutes to go, as he sent a looping shot over Samir Handanovic in the Udinese goal.But the visitors proved unable to force an equaliser in the time remaining.

Victory sees Udinese move into first place at the expense of Juventus, who can regain the lead if they beat Roma away on Monday.
Reigning champions Milan missed their chance to go top as they were held 2-2 at Bologna.The home side led from the 11th minute at the Stadio Renato Della'Ara, thanks to Marco Di Vaio's lob over Milan goalkeeper Marco Amelia.

Clarence Seedorf levelled in style for the visitors four minutes later, with a curling strike from just outside the area.
Bologna should have had a penalty in first-half stoppage time, when goal-scorer Seedorf handled the ball inside the area.While the referee waved away appeals from the home side on that occasion, he would point to the spot in Milan's favour on 70 minutes.

The penalty was awarded against Andrea Raggi for a trip on Zlatan Ibrahimovic.
The Sweden international duly converted from the spot, giving Milan a 2-1 lead with 20 minutes remaining.As in the first half, the lead did not last long, with Amelia guilty of gifting Bologna an equaliser three minutes later.The goalkeeper failed to deal with Alessandro Diamanti's routine shot, which squirmed into the net for 2-2.

Both sides had chances to win it late on, while the visitors had a penalty appeal for handball turned down in the final moments.
The draw leaves Milan third, one point behind Juve and two back from Udinese.Also on Sunday, Atalanta came from behind to draw 1-1 at home to 10-man Catania.

Simone Tiribocchi scored for the hosts with 19 minutes to go.
His goal cancelled out Nicola Legrottaglie's first-half opener for Catania, who had Nicolas Spolli sent off on 42 minutes.Elsewhere, Cagliari were held 0-0 in their match at home to Parma.

And in the late match, fifth-placed Napoli rescued a 1-1 draw at Novara.
Serbian Ivan Radovanovic opened the scoring for the hosts with just 20 minutes to play.But Napoli, who sit fifth, battled hard to find an equaliser with just six minutes to play when Swiss midfielder Blerim Dzemaili found the back of the net.

Alessandro Matri

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Serie A: Roma 1 Juventus 1

13 December 2011

12427303800.jpg

Juventus maintained their unbeaten record in Serie A this season, coming from behind to earn a 1-1 draw away to Roma on Monday.

Roma went ahead in the sixth minute, with Daniele De Rossi at the far post to pull a right-footed shot back across goal from Francesco Totti's cross.

Poor Juventus defending allowed the ball to bounce agonisingly over Gianluigi Buffon's goalline, with De Rossi's strike not overly powerful.

The goal ensured Roma have scored in each of their seven matches at their Stadio Olimpico home in the league, but Juve were not to be denied a point, as they equalised in the 62nd minute via Giorgio Chiellini.

Chiellini headed home a mis-timed Marcelo Estigarribia strike to earn Juve a share of the spoils, and ensure they regained top spot in the league once more from Udinese.

Roma's Totti missed the ideal chance to fire his side back ahead from the penalty spot just seconds after Juve equalised, but his attempt was well saved by Buffon.

The point lifted Roma to ninth in the table, ending their two-game losing streak.

Alessandro Matri

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Tuesday 13th December 2011

706270_33_preview.jpg

Taiwo: I'm suffering at Milan

Nigerian defender Taye Taiwo has hit out at AC Milan for his lack of playing time for the Serie A champions.

"I am suffering every day because I don't get to play football. I joined this club in order to play, but I have made only six appearances so far," Taiwo was quoted as saying by L'Equipe.

26-year-old Taiwo, who was courted by some of Europe's biggest clubs in the summer, chose to ply his trade with Milan after joining them on a free from Olympique de Marseille.

However, he has found the going tough so far, having played four times for the Rossoneri in the Champions League this season but only making a paltry two appearances in Serie A so far.

"I don't understand how things work in Italy. Sometimes I even have to watch from the stands, but I really need to play in order to show what I can do," Taiwo explained.

"It looks like [coach Massimiliano] Allegri doesn't have faith in me. It's not like me to just sit back and do nothing in a situation like this."

The fullback's contract with Milan runs out in the summer of 2014.

Alessandro Matri

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Chiellini happy with point

13 December 2011

12427303920.jpg

Juventus defender Giorgio Chiellini says Monday's 1-1 draw with Roma was a case of one point gained rather than two points dropped.Juve fell behind to a first-half goal from Daniele De Rossi but drew level when Chiellini headed home on 61 minutes.

Roma had a chance to retake the lead but their captain Francesco Totti missed from the penalty spot, and Chiellini admitted afterwards his side were happy with a draw – even though they had been playing against a side decimated by suspensions and injuries.

"Given how it was at the start, we can talk about an important point," Chiellini told Sky Sport Italia. "It shows that despite falling behind we have the strength to recover."
"Today we suffered too many counter-attacks but, overall, it was a positive game for us because we have reached the top of the table again."

"Roma had great players in spite of their absentees this evening and, if we look at the names, they had only one youth team player (Federico Viviani) on the field."
"Of course, we came to win and we tried right up until the 96th minute, but to call this a slip-up would seem excessive to me."The point takes Juventus ahead of Udinese at the top of the table on goal difference, while Roma climb to ninth.

Edinson Cavani

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Serie A: Genoa 0 Inter Milan 1

14 December 2011

12427304310.jpg

Inter continued their revival from their early season woes in Serie A on Tuesday, with a 1-0 win over Genoa.Yuto Nagatomo's second half strike was enough to claim all three points for the visitors, who could have won by an even greater margin but for the heroics of Sebastian Frey in the home goal.

The visitors started better at the Stadio Comunale Luigi Ferraris, and Giampaolo Pazzini had the first chance of the match eight minutes in, forcing Frey into a smart stop from a one-on-one following Thiago Motta's precise through ball.
Inter held the ascendancy from then on, but they could not find a way past Frey in the hosts' goal despite controlling the remainder of the first half.

The Frenchman produced a stunning double save shortly after the half-hour mark- first showing admirable reflexes to block Walter Samuel's firm header from a corner, before reacting quickest to block the rebound from Diego Milito on the goal line.

Genoa appeared to be more focused after the interval, and had a goal ruled out for offside in the 57th minute, after Andreas Granqvist was judged to be just ahead of the last defender when he headed in a corner from the right.
However, it was Inter who would strike first 10 minutes later, through a headed goal from one of the shortest players on the pitch.

Ricky Alvarez, on as a half-time substitute, sent in a delightful ball from the right flank towards Nagatomo, who rose highest to nod home at the far post.
Claudio Ranieri's men could have scored again two minutes later, after Milito fed Pazzini inside the area, but an outstretched leg by Frey was enough to block the Italian's goal-bound effort.

The Genoa keeper was at it again in the 77th minute, getting his fingertips to Alvarez's testing drive from 25 yards out, diverting the substitute's effort onto the far post.
The game was delayed for a short spell in the 82nd minute, after a member of Genoa's staff was stretchered from the field for medical treatment after collapsing on the sidelines.

Despite increasing pressure by Inter as the game neared its conclusion, the home side almost snatched an equaliser in injury time, but were denied by a superb double save from Julio Cesar.
The Brazilian first stopped an effort by Marco Rossi before sticking up a hand to tip Miguel Veloso's follow up over the bar and preserve the result for the visitors.

Inter now move up to seventh place in the Serie A table with 20 points, leapfrogging Genoa by two points and currently sit 10 behind leaders Juventus.

Edinson Cavani

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

722380_10_preview.jpg
Zanetti hails 'much-needed' Genoa win
Inter Milan captain Javier Zanetti praised his teammates after coming away with a hard-earned 1-0 win over Genoa at the Stadio Luigi Ferraris.

718368_10_preview.jpg
Kuzmanovic: You can't reject Juve
Stuttgart midfielder Zdravko Kuzmanovic has admitted that it would be impossible to turn down a move to the Serie A should Turin giants Juventus come calling for his services.

722268_10_preview.jpg
Ranieri pleased with Inter youngsters
Inter Milan coach Claudio Ranieri lavished praise on his young charges after Tuesday's hard-fought 1-0 win over Genoa.

691698_10_preview.jpg
Lazio chief lavishes praise on Klose
Lazio sporting director Igli Tare has spoken of the impact summer signing Miroslav Klose has had at the club since joining on a free transfer in the summer.

706208_10_preview.jpg
Milan set deadline for Tevez deal
AC Milan are in no hurry to complete the signing of Manchester City forward Carlos Tevez.

705615_10_preview.jpg
Catania keen to keep Maxi Lopez
Catania hope to prevent Argentinian striker Maxi Lopez from leaving the club in January.

709734_10_preview.jpg

Cagliari confident in Nainggolan stay

Cagliari president Massimo Cellino insists Belgian midfielder Radja Nainggolan will not leave the Sardinian outfit in January.

721133_10_preview.jpg
Pozzo: Title not on Udinese's mind
Udinese owner Giampaolo Pozzo insists that winning the Scudetto is not something his team is targeting this season.

588338_10_preview.jpg
Juve want Amauri-Tottenham move
Juventus are hoping wantaway striker Amauri makes the move to Tottenham in January, according to general manager Giuseppe Marotta.

Edinson Cavani

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Crespo to quit Parma

14 December 2011

12427304620.jpg

Parma striker Hernan Crespo has confirmed that he will leave the Serie A club in January, with a move to Qatar or the USA on the cards.

Reports in the Bulgarian press on Monday claimed that the local league leaders, Ludogorets Razgrad, were preparing a loan offer for the Argentine striker.

Crespo, 36, has found himself on the fringes at Parma in 2011-12, with only four appearances to date this term.

And the veteran striker announced that he will take on a new challenge in January, but a move to Bulgaria seems unlikely.
"This is my farewell season. I will stop playing in June," he said.

"I will most likely leave Italy (in January), but I will continue working hard because I like doing that."
"Qatar? Why not? I do not rule out Qatar or the United States. It will surely be something interesting for me, something that will make me happy."

The former Argentina international left River Plate, and South America, in 1996 to pursue his career in Europe, representing Lazio, Inter and Chelsea among others.

He returned to Parma in January 2010 after playing at the Serie A club from 1996 to 2000.

Edinson Cavani

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Crespo may be heading to Bulgaria

14 December 2011

12427304190.jpg

Bulgarian League leaders Ludogorets Razgrad are lining up a loan bid for Parma striker Hernan Crespo.

Ludogorets owner Kiril Domuschiev is reportedly in talks with Parma already and is ready to offer the Serie A outfit 300,000 euros to sign Crespo on a temporary basis.

The 36-year-old has been reduced to the periphery at the Stadio Ennio Tardini, making just four appearances to date this season.

Bulgarian sources claim that Crespo is interested in a move to Ludogorets, who share the top of the league table with CSKA Sofia, with 36 points from 15 matches.

The former Argentina international returned to Parma in January 2010 after playing at the club from 1996 to 2000.

Edinson Cavani

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Cicinho calls it a day at Roma

13 December 2011

12427304140.jpg

Roma right-back Cicinho wants to leave the club in the January transfer window.The 31-year-old has persistently been associated with a new challenge after failing to impose himself in the squad under new coach Luis Enrique.

Cicinho has made just four appearances this season and spoke of his desire to leave the club after watching Monday's 1-1 draw against Juventus from the bench.
"It is true that I want to leave Roma," he told Globoesporte.

"I have not spoken with the board yet because I will wait for the last two games of the calendar year to talk to them."
"I have had enough. A lot of things have happened. The coach decided to play someone out of position. I am done here."

A move back to Brazil has been mooted as a strong possibility, but Cicinho confessed he is in the dark about his future.
"I do not know yet if I will return to Brazil," he said."I have learned of the interest of Flamengo and Corinthians through the press, but my agent has not yet said anything to me about it."

Cicinho, who joined Roma from Real Madrid in 2007, had loan spells at Sao Paulo and Villarreal in the last two seasons.

Edinson Cavani

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Milan injury crisis deepens

14 December 2011

12427304270.jpg

AC Milan defender Mario Yepes is facing several weeks on the sidelines with an ankle injury.

The Colombian centre-back limped off in the second half of the Rossoneri's 2-2 draw with Bologna on Sunday.

A scan has shown major damage to his right ankle, but the full extent of the 35-year-old's problem will only be known after he undergoes further tests on Wednesday.

The news of Yepes' injury comes as a heavy blow to coach Massimiliano Allegri, who is already without the services of Alessandro Nesta.

Milan, who are two points behind Udinese and Juventus in the Serie A table, will take on Siena and Cagliari before the winter break.

Edinson Cavani

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Totti threatens to leave Roma

15 December 2011

12427304810.jpg

Roma captain Francesco Totti has threatened to leave his club of 19 years, after backlash from fans.

The 35-year-old forward has featured sparingly under Luis Enrique this term and has yet to find the back of the net, missing a crucial penalty on Monday in Roma's 1-1 home draw against Juventus.

Roma spent big in the summer, signing a number of recognised stars including two strikers, Bojan Krkic and Pablo Osvaldo.

Speaking before the club's Christmas dinner to Sky Sport Italia, Totti stated: "I've thought of leaving Roma, especially recently. I'm sorry to hear some of the statements made by Roma supporters. If they have a problem with me being in Rome, I can go away."

Totti made his first appearance for the club in March 1993, with former coach Vujadin Boskov choosing to play him in the 2-0 victory against Brescia as a 16-year-old.
The attacker is currently fifth in the list of all-time Serie A goalscorers, grabbing 207 goals in 481 appearances so far.

Roma are 10th in Serie A this term and face a tricky trip to Napoli on Sunday where they will be hoping to improve on their recent performances.

Edinson Cavani

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Yepes faces 10 weeks on sidelines

15 December 2011

12427304960.jpg

AC Milan defender Mario Yepes faces a lengthy spell on the sidelines after sustaining an ankle injury at the weekend.

The 35-year-old was hurt in the second half of last weekend's 2-2 Serie A draw against Bologna and was forced to leave the pitch due to the knock.

Scans on Wednesday revealed Yepes has suffered damaged ankle ligaments.

The Colombian centre-back will have to undergo surgery to rectify the injury and will consequently be out of action for up to 10 weeks.

It is not yet known whether Yepes will be operated on in Italy or in Amsterdam.

Alexandre Pato

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

723206_10_preview.jpg
De Rossi: Totti was just bitter
Roma hardman Daniele De Rossi has hinted that club talisman Francesco Totti’s recent jibe at supporters was down to “bitterness” at being lambasted by the club faithful.

627873_10_preview.jpg
Silva: I want to stay with Milan till 2020
AC Milan centre back Thiago Silva has signaled his intention to don the colours of the Rossoneri until 2020.

688402_10_preview.jpg
Juve to continue run; Lazio rising
Juventus' Claudio Marchisio believes the Turin club have a strong enough squad and do not need to add reinforcements during the winter transfer window.

622956_10_preview.jpg
Berlusconi to Tevez: Milan or money?
Silvio Berlusconi believes AC Milan would provide the perfect environment for Carlos Tevez to relaunch his career.

686475_10_preview.jpg

Totti: I'm thinking of leaving Roma

Roma captain Francesco Totti has threatened to leave the club after receiving criticism over his recent performances.

713675_10_preview.jpg
Galliani: Milan's Tevez offer is final
AC Milan will not enter into a bidding war for Manchester City forward Carlos Tevez, according to club vice-president Adriano Galliani.

722268_10_preview.jpg
Ranieri pleased with Inter youngsters
Inter Milan coach Claudio Ranieri lavished praise on his young charges after Tuesday's hard-fought 1-0 win over Genoa.

Alexandre Pato

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Maldini: Bale defence is poor

6 December 2011

12427305660.jpg

Legendary defender Paolo Maldini is unconvinced that Gareth Bale will make a good full-back.Bale is considered one of the most exciting wingers in world football but his club manager, Harry Redknapp, believes the player's future lies at left-back.

However, AC Milan hero Maldini thinks the Welshman is suspect defensively and that he is not as rounded a player as Real Madrid's Marcelo.
"Most left-backs now are converted midfielders, much more likely to attack," the former Italian international told Il Corriere dello Sport.

"The rule is: if you cannot get back, you must not go forward. The current best specialist is Marcelo, who gets it right in both areas."
"Bale (has been) unmasked: (he) knows only how to attack. Just like (Milan's Urby) Emanuelson."

Milan are still searching for a worthy successor to Maldini, who does not believe that Taye Taiwo is the heir to his throne.
The Italian side allegedly beat off competition from Real Madrid to land the Nigerian on a free transfer from Marseille in the close season.

However, he is already being linked with a move away from San Siro after making just two appearances in Serie A this season and Maldini feels that Milan did not do their homework on the defender.
"The Nigerian should have been better evaluated before taking him," he said.

Maldini spent his entire 24-year career at San Siro, making 647 appearances for Milan before eventually retiring two years ago.

Alexandre Pato

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Serie A preview: Top spot up for grabs

16 December 2011

12427305430.jpg

Juventus will fancy their chances of moving clear on top of Serie A this weekend, with Antonio Conte's men at home to lowly Novara.Juve and Udinese are locked on 30 points apiece at the head of the league table, with only Juve's slightly superior goal difference (+3) seeing them in front.

And with Udinese facing a tricky trip to Rome to play fourth-placed Lazio on Sunday, Conte's men will be hopeful of a win and a slip-up from Francesco Guidolin's team to move out on their own at the summit.

Also in Conte's favour is the fact Udinese play a Europa League match against what is likely to be a fired-up Celtic side on Thursday, while Juve have their weeknights largely free this term by virtue of their seventh-place finish last season.

Lazio were also in action in the Europa League this week but the capital side have an extra day to recover after their 2-0 win over Sporting Lisbon in Rome on Wednesday saw them advance to the last 32.
In their last match Juventus were held to a 1-1 draw at Roma, and their cause will not be helped by the news Montenegrin striker Mirko Vucinic is out until the new year with a thigh strain. Conte will be hoping for more good form from midfielder Claudio Marchisio and striker Alessandro Matri, who have scored six league goals each this campaign.

Third-placed AC Milan, who are level on 28 points with Lazio, are at home to Siena on Saturday but all the news coming out of San Siro seems to be on the continuing saga of Carlos Tevez and whether the unsettled Manchester City striker will be joining Massimiliano Allegri's side in January.

Other matches on Saturday see Chievo Verona hosting Cagliari while Atalanta visit Fiorentina.
Inter Milan, meanwhile, will continue to try and recover after their woeful start to the season when they travel to Cesena on Sunday.Claudio Ranieri's team had a 1-0 win over Genoa on Tuesday that saw them climb to seventh place in the table, and they have now won four of their last five Serie A matches.

Napoli will host Roma at the Stadio San Paolo in desperate need of full points after drawing four out of their last five league games.
Walter Mazzarri's men are in fifth place and have secured a spot in the last 16 of the Champions League, but they are nine points behind the frontrunners in Serie A and will be anxious to make up some ground on Lazio, who they trail by seven points.

Also on Sunday, sixth-placed Palermo visit Catania, Genoa welcome Bologna and bottom side Lecce visit Parma.

Alessandro Matri

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Serie A wrap: Milan move top

18 December 2011

12427306500.jpg

Second-half strikes from Antonio Nocerino and Zlatan Ibrahimovic gave AC Milan a 2-0 win over Siena in the Serie A on Saturday.The win extended Milan's unbeaten run in the league to 10 games and moved them one point clear at the top of the table, although Juventus and Udinese can both overtake them with wins on Sunday.

A sweetly struck opener from Nocerino gave Milan the lead on 54 minutes at the San Siro, and an Ibrahimovic penalty 10 minutes later confirmed the three points for Massimiliano Allegri's side.
Fresh off the back of their disappointing 2-2 draw with Bologna last Sunday and clearly eager to make amends, it was Milan who started the brighter of the two sides, but the hosts could not make their advantage in possession count on the scoreboard in the first half.

They would not be denied in the second, however, with Nocerino receiving the ball off Robinho on the edge of the area and smashing it low into the bottom right-hand corner to make it 1-0 after 54 minutes.
With Siena desperate to equalise, it was Milan's turn to hit them on the counter-attack.

And with Kevin-Prince Boateng soon bearing down on goal, Siena goalkeeper Zeljko Brkic came out to stop a shot, but tripped the former Tottenham man and conceded a penalty.
It was Ibrahimovic who took responsibility for the spot-kick, and he smashed it low into the bottom left-hand corner of the net to double the hosts' lead and seal the points.

In Saturday's other results, goals either side of half-time from Cyril Thereau and Gennaro Sardo helped Chievo to a 2-0 win over Cagliari at the Stadio Marc'Antonio Bentegodi.

Fiorentina escaped with a point against Atalanta after Stevan Jovetic's late goal salvaged a 2-2 draw.
Alberto Gilardino gave Fiorentina an early lead, but two goals in five minutes from Andrea Masiello and German Gustavo Denis put Atalanta in front before Jovetic's late intervention ensured the points were shared.

Alessandro Matri

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Saturday 17th December 2011

723658_33_preview.jpg

Juventus keen on Albiol loan deal

Serie A leaders Juventus are reportedly keen on signing out-of-favour Real Madrid defender Raul Albiol on a loan deal.

Albiol has struggled to establish himself at the Santiago Bernabeu since moving from Valencia in the summer of 2009, and was severely exposed back in April in the 1-1 draw against Barcelona, where he got sent off after failing to handle the threat posed by Lionel Messi and David Villa.

This season, the Spain international has been restricted to just four league appearances, and is struggling to force his way into Jose Mourinho's starting XI, especially given the understanding Pepe and Sergio Ramos have shown in the heart of defence.

However, AS believes Albiol has been identified by Bianconeri coach Antonio Conte as a perfect addition at Juventus.

Despite Juventus' good form this season, Conte is said to be unimpressed with his defensive stocks, and has regularly played Giorgio Chiellini out of position on the left, with Andrea Barzagli and Leonardo Bonucci both flattering to deceive.

The publication further believes Juventus have already sent a representative to express their interest in Albiol, and are waiting to see if Real will be willing to do business.