• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Senior police officer Melvin Yong retiring on Aug 16

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
more than dentist face is F-up.

AC--Colonel in the SAF?

While I was a mata-kia, people always like to compare their equivalent rank in the SAF. Some say Insp is Capt. Other say ASP is Capt and so on and so forth. Honestly, I don't have the answer. I was a Senior Staff Sgt, that is all.

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
While I was a mata-kia, people always like to compare their equivalent rank in the SAF. Some say Insp is Capt. Other say ASP is Capt and so on and so forth. Honestly, I don't have the answer. I was a Senior Staff Sgt, that is all.

It i important in PAP mindset that Generals or equivalent enter as potential MPs and Ministers

butoh6050

Alfrescian
Loyal
melvinyong.jpgrichard_kiell.jpg

See the resemblance...

NanoSpeed

Alfrescian
Loyal
How come civil servants can be politically affiliated ?

It started with army generals, then perm sec, now police.

Next thing ? High Court judge ?

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
How come civil servants can be politically affiliated ?

It started with army generals, then perm sec, now police.

Next thing ? High Court judge ?

After decades of PAP hegemony, blurring of lines between executive, legislative and judicial branches of government, and an incestuous mix of politics and business interests, it is hard to not get brainwashed. :wink:

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Would you take a person who challenges you all the time or when he/she feels you are going the wrong direction? Easier to get yes-men.

I prefer one who challenges me when I m wrong. That shows he is good and right.

I don't want one who agrees with me even when I am wrong. This kind of no backbone subordinate will bring my downfall

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Is 43 the age for retirement in police or saf? Or is his retirement suka suka PAP say retire mean retire? Is there no law in this country? Can a public servant at the whims and fancies of a ruling party given then opportunity to retire and become a dog of the ruling party? Is the public greater than PAP or PAP greater than the people?

This type of "policy" where public servants are not public servants but rather dogs of the ruling party has to stop.

VOTE THE PAP OUT!

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Is 43 the age for retirement in police or saf? Or is his retirement suka suka PAP say retire mean retire? Is there no law in this country? Can a public servant at the whims and fancies of a ruling party given then opportunity to retire and become a dog of the ruling party? Is the public greater than PAP or PAP greater than the people?

I think they mean 'retire from the police force' not 'retire and stop working'. :wink:

But yes, the PAP love to replenish their ranks from these senior civil serpents. :biggrin:

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal

This type of "policy" where public servants are not public servants but rather dogs of the ruling party has to stop.

VOTE THE PAP OUT!

Under new alternative govt, all police officers and SAF people must retire at 100

HellAngel

Alfrescian
Loyal
I prefer one who challenges me when I m wrong. That shows he is good and right.

I don't want one who agrees with me even when I am wrong. This kind of no backbone subordinate will bring my downfall

That is exactly why GD ended up as SSS. If you believe what he claim.