• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

cow138

Alfrescian
Loyal
Everybody is looking for returns.
Just that Malaysian landlord is perhaps more familiar with the current market and is more highly leverage (they're definitely more hiong) then perhaps the average Singapore investor.
So bo bian have to accept lower rent to keep things going.

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
Everybody is looking for returns.
Just that Malaysian landlord is perhaps more familiar with the current market and is more highly leverage (they're definitely more hiong) then perhaps the average Singapore investor.
So bo bian have to accept lower rent to keep things going.

Whatever the reason, you just said it, accept lower rents. Their time frame and amount of returns are way less than sinkie. For Singaporean they expect CA and returns in two years. Malaysian don't have time frame in mind.

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
My relative renting from Malaysian, cheaper than renting from Singaporean owners and the MY landlord very, very humble, when lease was up, tell my uncle please don't go, no need to renew lease (meaning no rent revision), beg him to stay. His landlord work in Singapore, only earns about $3 to 4k SGD and can buy several properties, you tell me whether he buy cheap or not leh?

So my uncle told me to rent from MY owners....no baggage of wanting returns etc which Sinkie owners all looking for.

But what kind of condo is your relative renting? The luxury Senibong Cove type? I know there are condos going for 400K but that is probably the starting price for studios...it won't be for those 3 bedder kind. My friend bought for 1.1m, can Malaysians buy such a unit for 500K? I doubt so.

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Whatever the reason, you just said it, accept lower rents. Their time frame and amount of returns are way less than sinkie. For Singaporean they expect CA and returns in two years. Malaysian don't have time frame in mind.

How come, is it because Malaysians are less investment savvy?

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
But what kind of condo is your relative renting? The luxury Senibong Cove type? I know there are condos going for 400K but that is probably the starting price for studios...it won't be for those 3 bedder kind. My friend bought for 1.1m, can Malaysians buy such a unit for 500K? I doubt so.

Does not matter whether it is half price or not, as long as it is lower priced, the rental collected can be lower than a competing owner.

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
How come, is it because Malaysians are less investment savvy?

They know the limitations, just like how Hongkees bought lots of properties in the 90s thinking that they could get a good deal and make money, but the local sinkies were of course the wiser ones..... Now you see this being played out in JB, sinkies and locals

cow138

Alfrescian
Loyal
They're all not high luxury condos in Johor to be frank.
At least not yet. Johor is still like Singapore in the 80s. Will take some time to catch up

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal
They're all not high luxury condos in Johor to be frank.
At least not yet. Johor is still like Singapore in the 80s. Will take some time to catch up

Singapore already got MRT in the 80s , at that time 3rm HDB only about 10 to 30K . So JB properties should be price like the 80s , not 300K bah . Must back date the price to the 80s:biggrin::p

Last edited:

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
With so much going on at Senibong Cove, we are proud to announce the launch of our new Community Facebook page! To celebrate the occasion, we are giving away a free iPad Pro!

To enter, simply ‘like’ our page on Facebook, and stay up to date with all the exciting news and events at Senibong Cove.

End of Competition: 16th of December
Announcement of results: 17th of December
Lucky Draw gift ceremony: 19th of December ( @ The WaterEdge Apartments )

Seems like WaterEdge Apartments are almost ready for key collection. :biggrin:

cow138

Alfrescian
Loyal
Should be fun. Can't wait to take a look at the water edge apartments.. Especially the landscaping and the pool

Jetstream

Alfrescian
Loyal
No major defect problem. Quality well controlled.

My unit view is swee tiang tiang..tsk..tsk. nice breeze..2. Tsk..tsk..

Bro Potter, hope to bump into u soon. Will collect my keys probably on 19/2.

Hope u can share lobang on contacts for where to get lights, curtains etc etc as I'm hopeless when it comes to JB ....will PM u ;-)