• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Sell Now? Sell 2 yrs later (RGPT 5%), or Rent Out

kopikong99

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Kopikong

Can you clarify what do you mean by 10% of the profit? Let's say profit is 200K, and renovation and all fees is 100K. I thought that total deductable is 100K?

PM me since your unit is in EL and I can probably take you through the process in more details.

kawan2sgmy

Alfrescian
Loyal
It's easy to be a critic. And your better half happens to be one.
But honestly, the way I see it, it is better to drag your better half to be fully involved in all the discussions and decisions. If things go wrong, all wrong mah, blame who? So that you will feel better if something really bad crops up. Problems need to be solved, but it's not an easy one. Going forward, we all don't know the property scene either in Sg or My. Better still, let yr better half make the final decision. Problem solved.
Hope my nonsense post will make you feel lighter (but the problem is still yours to solve, hahaha)

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think if cannot or don't want to wait just sell now and pay the tax. If not, just wait since it is only one and half year more. But renovate for tenancy only worthwhile if going to rent out for long term since renovation will cost 50k or more easily and it is not just the money but the renovation process is alof of hassle.

kawan2sgmy

Alfrescian
Loyal
If U need the cash from JB property to top up Sg property to reduce loan amt. I think it's better to sell the JB one.
Sg is considered your home base, take care of this first, before you can even think of investment.
I think can sleep better.
When times are good everything falls in place, but in bad times, it can be a real headache!
A ? to ponder - Properties on both sides for the next 2-3 yrs - could it be supply exceed demand? I really don't know...it's my concern

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
everywhere in iskandar, the hype isn't there anymore since the govt announce cooling measures about the rm1m for foreigners. A few places such as Medini and Puteri Harbour are still not that affected though as Medini is exempted from ruling and PH houses are above RM 1 m in general.

Horizon hills launched ad in chan 8 TV. First time in many years that I saw them doing so. Sales must have been really pathetic, probably 0 unit moved. Not surprised as the prices in iskandar has shot up in recent years

Problem is rental market quite slow now.... Businesses not setting up shops fast enough. How is the rental situation in EL? demand still higher than supply?

Organic

Alfrescian
Loyal
For the 3-bedder, $11xx psf near MRT station is quite cheap :wink: Elsewhere you will be looking at $12xx psf at least.

Coco Palm @ Pasir Ris which is 5 mins walk to MRT is less than $1K, but it's 99-year lease starts from 2008. TOP 2019.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Coco Palm @ Pasir Ris which is 5 mins walk to MRT is less than $1K, but it's 99-year lease starts from 2008. TOP 2019.

The lease is fine. Assuming a rental of $2.5 k a month rental for a $800k 2-bedder, over 85 years you will receive $2.55 mil.

destansooming

Alfrescian
Loyal
coco 10 years old after TOP at 2019,its also a compact 3 room and bigger development,I would thought the previous project Inflora is better,but of course the location cannot be compare with coco,however the TOP is earlier it was expected to be 2015.4 years ahead.