• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Seeking Advice from USERS of Galaxy Tab (Android 2.3) | iPad (iOS 4)

Sperminator

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hello Singaporeans,

While in MRT today, I saw many people holding iPad and Galaxy Tab 10.1

I realized that we are entering an "INFO PAD" age.

Alot of mini-notebook sales will drop because of this all in one "PAD" technologies.

I like to seek advice from users of iPad and Galaxy Tab, which of this is better, and why?

I am planning to buy one of these, as being a kiasu Singaporean, I cannot afford to be lack behind right? Everyone got iPad, Galaxy Tab, some even got iPad, iPhone, whereas poor me, still stuck with a Nokia...

Sometimes, I feel that the technology in today's world is simply moving too fast, and if we don't upgrade ourselves with technology, we will be left behind...

Let the ball roll!!!

Which is better? Galaxy Tab or iPad? and WHY?, what do you really like about their features?

:cool:

Sperminator

Alfrescian
Loyal
Can you understand English Cooleo? This thread is asking about iPad | Galaxy Tab.

And yes, my Ancestors are from China, and therefore, I am indirectly from China. So, we are descendents from China.

And yes, I can pronounce 'R'

Can you?

KNNBCCB

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Androids la bro... I tot Android 3.0 out d ma...
Fully can ownself customized ...
got flash player... :biggrin:

Get galaxy 2 best lo... tab so big for what... :biggrin:

But I heard if you wan Android tab hor..., Motorola xoom is best.

Sperminator

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks brother KNNBCCB,

I am in love with Galaxy Tab! I'll take a look at Motorola Xoom... I wonder why so many people like iPad so much? is it because of the apple sexy appeal?

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
iPad is the best tablet out there right now.

But KNNBCCB is correct. No flash. And according to T3 magazine, iPad 2 was rushed out into production. The iPad3 is the real tablet to sing and dance about.

I am an Android user and have been waiting for a tablet from them to complement my phone. There are only 2 android tablets worth getting now in the market. One is the Samsung galaxy, the other is the Motorola Xoom (which is Google's official development partner for the 3.0 Honeycomb OS).

However, the galaxy tab is quite old liao (half a year old. but still very good.. i'm just fussy lah) and the Xoom is too big for my liking (10 inch). So I'm waiting for the 2nd batch of android tablets.

KNNBCCB

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Thanks brother KNNBCCB,

I am in love with Galaxy Tab! I'll take a look at Motorola Xoom... I wonder why so many people like iPad so much? is it because of the apple sexy appeal?

Aiyo.. marketing gimmick lor... :biggrin:
All kena conned... :biggrin:
I find ipad rather boring...
But hor... Xoom more expensive than Apple.. :o

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Which is better? Galaxy Tab or iPad? and WHY?, what do you really like about their features?

:cool:

I've seen many more iPhone users in the MRT. :smile:

You have to ask yourself what you expect from a tablet :confused:
How about getting a cheap Kindle?
http://news.consumerreports.org/ele...-shootout-head-to-head-review-evaluation.html

The main problem with getting a Kindle is that Amazon will not ship to Spore:(

Many consider the iPad 2 the best tablet in the market since it's version 2.0 of the hardware & has the most apps.

Being the most popular product around there are more accessories available for it e.g. docks, cases, cabling, etc. If you decide to sell an iPad there is also a larger secondary market out there.

Don't forget about the cloud. Apple has invested alot of $$$ in the cloud. They must have plans for it in the future

Microsoft

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
U got i more choice 2 consider...or confuse ur buying dicision...:biggrin::biggrin:

Orberry Playbook...:p:p

blackberry-playbook-tablet.jpg

Sperminator

Alfrescian
Loyal
U got i more choice 2 consider...or confuse ur buying dicision...:biggrin::biggrin:

Orberry Playbook...:p:p

blackberry-playbook-tablet.jpg

Now I'm fucking confused...

I thought Black Berry's Play book isn't that good? BlackBerry is known for their blackberry... they come up with Play too late...

My heart is with Galaxy Tab 2 actually, and I rather go for the 7 inch version, because, 10.1 inch is truly too big, and bulk to be portable, I think 7 inch is just about right.

I tried holding an iPad with my hand and try out the applications only for 5 minutes at the store, my hands begin to ache... it's heavy. And really, I don't really understand the Hype about Apple... everything must pay and pay... and the software downloads are all exclusive... I rather use the open software format (android, lots of free applications)

I haven't really tried out Motorola Xoom yet, but sounds interesting... at least Motorola is making a comeback with their Android Honeycomb 3.0, whereas, Nokia is stubborn as hell, insisting on using their difficult to use GUI, Symbian, yucks! (Nokia is losing large chunks of market share to the Smart Phone, and Smart Pad market.)

Cloud computing is sort of a gimmick don't you think? All the while, there are a lot of applications running on the web, cloud is simply integrating everything in one, and the programmers just have to crack their heads on how to integrate different GUI, different software codes, and integrate everything together right? (I'm a software idiot, so any programmers maybe can enlighten me?)

Only about a decade ago, if you can hold a mobile phone, it's a status symbol, and about more than 15 years ago, most people are using pagers, and during the 80s, if you hold a pager, you're somebody!

Now if you hold a mobile phone, people look down on you!!! what the fuck!!! time change truly fast.

We are at the point of inflection right?

Now let's compare these 4 type, | 1. iPad | 2. Galaxy Tab | 3. Motorola Xoom | 4. Black Berry (or Research in Motion) Play | Tablets mobile phone / computer whatever you want to call it.

Okay, if budget is not a problem, money no issue, we just compare like, and why like only... get price out of the picture. Let's re-compare.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i am writing this on an ipad2 from a mass rapid transit train car in the bay area. it takes me 1 hour to get to the office but in 1 hour, i have all my emails from the night before read and replied, all favorite games sync'ed and updated, all relevant news read, including but not limited to financial news on yahoo. and there is still time for a few posts on sbf, beside browsing thru' gobs of garbage posted the night before by juveniles. the only issue with iOS devices is the lack of support for flash. battery life is about 10 hours with constant use. i can do a lot more on one device than i can on draggy laggy windows devices. and it does not require 12 mins to boot and 6 mins to shut.

cooleo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Anyone who buys a 7 inch tablet is a retard. Maybe those China people like Sperminator will do so. :biggrin:

KNNBCCB

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
10 Facts About Android vs. Apple

10 Facts About Android vs. Apple

Android phones are in direct competition with Apple’s iPhone. Some people swear by one and some swear by the other. Many of us are just excited about the innovation that such competition spurs. There are some definite issues that come up with this market competition, though. And there are some interesting facts about the two competing brands.

Here are 10 facts about the Android vs. Apple competition in the mobile phone marketplace:

1. New memory storage could entice Apple fans over to Android. A major Android complaint has been that it doesn’t support memory card storage which limits the ability of developers in creating apps. Rumour has it that this problem is ending soon which could put Android in more direct competition with Apple’s app store.

2. Apple users may be more likely to buy apps. Surveys indicate that half of all iPhone users will pay for an app each month whereas only about one in five Android users will take advantage of paid apps. This may change as app stores grow and change but that’s unclear at this time.

3. Android outsells Apple in one out of 6 U.S. states. There are eight states where Android may be a bigger seller but unfortunately they are the lower-population states in this country.

4. Android is a man’s phone. A recent survey revealed that the majority of Android users are men. Actually, the majority of all smartphone users are men, but in the case of iPhone the difference is slight, 57% are men. With Android 73% are men.

5. Advertisers are more interested in Android. U.S. surveys indicate that there are more ad impressions for Android which isn’t surprising since it’s a Google-based phone and they’re stellar with ads.

6. You have many more handset options with Android. The iPhone is just the iPhone. Android is, of course, a platform which means that many different people are making multiple handsets based on Android. This isn’t necessarily good or bad for either party. On the one hand, you have more choices with Android. On the other hand, you know exactly what you’re getting with Apple.

7. Apple fans are slightly more loyal to the brand. More than 90% of iPhone users love the phone enough to recommend it to others. Android fans are also brand-loyal but slightly less so with only about 84% of them recommending the phone to others.

8. Doubletwist is the best option to compete with iTunes. One of the main reasons that a user might prefer an iPhone to an Android phone is because of its direct access to the extensive iTunes media library. However, you do have options on Android phones as well; Doubletwist is a preferred option for some Android users.

9. Both brands are popular but Android is gaining ground faster. Recent surveys indicate that approximately 30% of people who plan to buy a smartphone are interested in Android. The amount is almost the same for iPhone which gets about 29%. However, that’s only a 1% increase for Apple and a full 9% increase for Android compared to a survey taken at the end of 2009.

10. Apple’s new OS may push it forward in the market again. Some of the things that people like best about Android compared to iPhone are going to be offered with the new iPhone OS, potentially allowing Apple to continue dominating the smartphone market. For example, Android phones have been preferred by multi-taskers, however multi-tasking will now be an option on the iPhone.

And a final bonus thought … This battle has been seen before. The Apple vs. Android situation is not all that different from the Apple vs. Microsoft issue from years ago. It will be interesting to see how it turns out and what new innovation comes from it.

cooleo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: 10 Facts About Android vs. Apple

Why compare Apple vs Android? Just get both la. Apple offers many tablet opimized apps while Android offers Flash support.

eErotica69

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Best is get iphone and buy Andriod Tab; or buy Andriod phone and buy ipad.

Best of both worlds!!

:smile:

Last edited:

Microsoft

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Now let's compare these 4 type, | 1. iPad | 2. Galaxy Tab | 3. Motorola Xoom | 4. Black Berry (or Research in Motion) Play | Tablets mobile phone / computer whatever you want to call it.

Pls...dun hurt me...u miss out 1 more...:p:p:p Asus Eee Pad Transformer TF101

De keyboard is goot if u gonna nid 2 type long grandpa stories...:biggrin::biggrin:

In term of App store...Apple had slightly more sw and most organized...

Gaming...none of de tablet is goot...i prefer dedicated buttons like psp over touchscreen...

There r many comparison in de web...dis ish 1 of em...end day u had to handle 1 b4 deciding...:smile:

http://tech.uk.msn.com/news/articles.aspx?cp-documentid=158452084

P_500.jpg

Last edited:

Sperminator

Alfrescian
Loyal

Dear Bro KNNBCCB,

Thanks for the above advice. My heart is locked at Android Honeycomb 3.0.

I am still thinking of the Galaxy Tab 2, is it, although it doesn't have 7 inch versions, I think it will do fine. It's going to be a secondary device, supporting my desktop computer, and it can be a good phone as well don't you think?

Who would have thought... from pagers to smartPads.

galaxytab10.132-1297613245.jpg

Here are some of the specifications rigged from engadgets.

galaxy10.1specs.png

Whatever it is, I'll go with Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 with Honeycomb, because it is simply better in so many ways...

Last edited:

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
there is no pad like ipad, ipad 2 is the best in the market now. speed, battery life, stability of software, number of software, weight, everything is tip top.
i tried the other in the shop, no one comes near.

Sperminator

Alfrescian
Loyal
Pls...dun hurt me...u miss out 1 more...:p:p:p Asus Eee Pad Transformer TF101

De keyboard is goot if u gonna nid 2 type long grandpa stories...:biggrin::biggrin:

In term of App store...Apple had slightly more sw and most organized...

Gaming...none of de tablet is goot...i prefer dedicated buttons like psp over touchscreen...

There r many comparison in de web...dis ish 1 of em...end day u had to handle 1 b4 deciding...:smile:

I think this Asus Transformer is more like a LAP TOP REPLACEMENT isn't it?

If i need to type grandpa stories, maybe a Netbook suffice. Not to mention, cheaper.

The whole idea of having a SmartPad is portability, convenience, long battery life, presentation, communicating, linking up with the web, to simplify, all in one, on the go with fast wireless internet... now only got 3.5 G HSPA, I wonder what it will be like when there is 4G.