• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

SDP talks big

A

Alu862

SDP website is filled with posts on Singapore companies mistakes, negative growth, et etc. SO CAN THE SDP DO BETTER FOR SINGAPORE? DO THEY HAVE AN IN DEPTH ECONOMIC BLUEPRINT? OR ARE THEY JUST CRITICISING?

I think the evidence is clear. SDP was much better before Chee Soon Juan came along.

Last edited by a moderator:

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
SDP website is filled with posts on Singapore companies mistakes, negative growth, et etc. SO CAN THE SDP DO BETTER FOR SINGAPORE? DO THEY HAVE A IN DEPTH ECONOMIC BLUEPRINT? OR ARE THEY JUST CRITICISING?

I think the evidence is clear. SDP was much better before Chee Soon Juan came along.

the present SDP attracts many fakers using "concern for the peasants", "fighters for democracy" and all those craps.

in simple term:

it attracts many hypocrites who have a hidden motives and agenda but using a pretentious front to stir up ground's emotion...

I NOT STUPID is very applicable here:cool:

er....followers of cheeism compraining after this??:eek:....now when they stop compraining, it kinda of feel strange:p

marbles

Alfrescian
Loyal
SDP talks big,that is nothing compared to pap.

pap makes it an art when it comes to talking big and bullshitting.They even put china's propaganda machine to shame.

chinkangkor

Alfrescian
Loyal
SDP website is filled with posts on Singapore companies mistakes, negative growth, et etc. SO CAN THE SDP DO BETTER FOR SINGAPORE? DO THEY HAVE AN IN DEPTH ECONOMIC BLUEPRINT? OR ARE THEY JUST CRITICISING?

You can just continue to read your Straits Times to masturbate your mind as much as you want. There are tons of good news in there which will please you very much, undoubtedly.

A

Alu862

You can just continue to read your Straits Times to masturbate your mind as much as you want. There are tons of good news in there which will please you very much, undoubtedly.

Well unles you died hrd supporter tell me they have a clear in depth economic blueprint for Singapore, you can continue with your own wet dream. Democracy doesn't mena all your troubles are over.

chinkangkor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well unles you died hrd supporter tell me they have a clear in depth economic blueprint for Singapore, you can continue with your own wet dream. Democracy doesn't mena all your troubles are over.

Separation of powers among the Executive, Judiciary and Legislature provide checks and balances against abuse of power.

chinkangkor

Alfrescian
Loyal
it attracts many hypocrites who have a hidden motives and agenda but using a pretentious front to stir up ground's emotion...

Chee's strategy is very simple.

All he does is to lift the skirt of hypocrisy of PAP for all to see. Nothing more, nothing less.

A

Alu862

Unfortunately that is not how PAP sees it, otherwise you won't see Hong Lim park being allowed for protest. What you perceive as hot air is actually effective political action.

I want to see concrete alternative plans, not just the harping on the mistakes of others.

chinkangkor

Alfrescian
Loyal
I want to see concrete alternative plans, not just the harping on the mistakes of others.

Those are not mistakes but abuse of power by the ruling party to entrench itself in power perpetually.

There is still no opposition parties strong enough which can challenge PAP to rule S'pore. All they want is to build up their party first. Even if there was a change in government, there wont be revolutionary changes in the economic policies of PAP, may be just some tweaking here and there.

If you think SDP is fighting to run S'pore, then you must be out of your mind.

Sammael

Alfrescian
Loyal

True. Best way is to show a better plan. Offer solutions and not just pick pick pick. So far none have offered any solutions. As to the PAP solution...it's like drinking slow acting poison :p

chinkangkor

Alfrescian
Loyal
True. Best way is to show a better plan. Offer solutions and not just pick pick pick. So far none have offered any solutions. As to the PAP solution...it's like drinking slow acting poison :p

Information is not forthcoming from the PAP govt. You will need accurate data from govt agencies in order to conduct proper analyses on complex issues.

With all this stonewalling by the bureaucracy to guard its data, there is nothing much the public, NTU professors, or opposition politicians can do.

A

Alu862

Information is not forthcoming from the PAP govt. You will need accurate data from govt agencies in order to conduct proper analyses on complex issues.

With all this stonewalling by the bureaucracy to guard its data, there is nothing much the public, NTU professors, or opposition politicians can do.

Overseas opposition parties do not have all the data from the ruling parties yet they have concrete policies ready and hence can attract mass support.

chinkangkor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Overseas opposition parties do not have all the data from the ruling parties yet they have concrete policies ready and hence can attract mass support.

They have accountability and transparency in how their govts run their country and citizens have a right to information generally (those not related to national securtiy).

Singapore oppositions have very limited resources and are short of talents. They are tiny as compared with giant PAP. The strongest of them all WP, has declared openly that it is not ready to challenge PAP to run S'pore.

If you believe you can contribute to the opposition cause, may be you should consider joining WP. Otherwise PAP is not bad for you too, as it is highly organize and discipline.

A

Alu862

They have accountability and transparency in how their govts run their country and citizens have a right to information generally (those not related to national securtiy).

Singapore oppositions have very limited resources and are short of talents. They are tiny as compared with giant PAP. The strongest of them all WP, has declared openly that it is not ready to challenge PAP to run S'pore.

If you believe you can contribute to the opposition cause, may be you should consider joining WP. Otherwise PAP is not bad for you too, as it is highly organize and discipline.

Not all western political parties are transparent. Yet theri oppositions can match up to the challenge. Do you think the shadow defence ministers get the same information as the actual defence ministers?

I believe all political parties have failed Singaporeans so I have no interest in joining any.

chinkangkor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not all western political parties are transparent. Yet theri oppositions can match up to the challenge. Do you think the shadow defence ministers get the same information as the actual defence ministers?

I believe all political parties have failed Singaporeans so I have no interest in joining any.

Generally western developed countries have freer flow of information and that is a great plus for oppositions. Besides this, their political parties can attract talented people to join them, which is not the case in S'pore except PAP.

A

Alu862

Generally western developed countries have freer flow of information and that is a great plus for oppositions. Besides this, their political parties can attract talented people to join them, which is not the case in S'pore except PAP.

Singapore's oppo first needs to show that they have viable alternative plans in oder to attract more members. They can also conduct theri own groundwork research and need not rely on government channels. Such work is also done by opposition candidates in western countries. I don't suppose the freedom in those countris is so much that the opposition has full knowledge of the ogvernments plans. Rather they have to guess what will be proposed and whether they should support or give a different answer.

SDP's view is to oppose everything, even if the policy is viable.

chinkangkor

Alfrescian
Loyal
SDP's view is to oppose everything, even if the policy is viable.

Civil disobedience is to break unjust laws. In this sense, SDP will oppose anything that is unjust.

For eg, Case can conduct a protest march but opposition cannot. PAP MP can speak freely, opposition MP cannot.