• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Scuffle Between Police And Devotees At Thaipusam 2015

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
[h=1]http://therealsingapore.com/content...omplain-police-brutality-thaipusam-procession

VIDEO: LOCAL SINGAPOREANS COMPLAIN OF POLICE BRUTALITY AT THAIPUSAM PROCESSION[/h]
Post date:
4 Feb 2015 - 10:16am

Dear TRS,

I was at the Thaipusam procession on Tuesday morning when I saw this incident of police brutality.

There was a ban on all musical instruments for the event as they wanted to reduce disturbance to surrounding residents.

However, we have been playing the drums for decades of attending Thaipusam and we also have no problem at all as long as it is day time.

I think what started was a complaint by a Pinoy family with a young child who is crying which caused the parents to told the local Indians to stop playing the urumi as it is causing the child to cry.

However, one group of people ignored their feedback and had started playing the urumi and SPF and auxiliary police officers immediately descended upon the group.

There were about 15 different officers and many of them actually kicked the guy who was playing the urumi.

It looked like there was an argument and some of the officers as well as the man who was playing the instrument had hurled vulgarities.

At one point, a male officer grabbed a woman’s neck and pushed her slightly out of the way. It looked like the woman was the wife of the man playing the urumi.

The officers then proceeded to make a human barrier to cordon off the area where the man was playing to clear the way of other festival goers.

I don’t understand why they were so rough. Are police even allowed to kick citizens or push them around by putting their hands near their necks?

Here are some videos of the incident:

A clear video of the brutality: https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=934964853215349

Video showing the crowd of people being pushed away by police: https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=934900199888481

Singaporean

TRS Contributor

Editor’s Note:
We have forwarded this to the police for clarification on what the dispute was about.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Of course, this is par for the PAP. Pinoy shit complain to police, something is done immediately. Local shitizen complain, he is told to fuck off. Pinoy threaten sinkies on his FB account, TTSH come and defend him, say his FB got hacked. Roy criticize the PAP online, and TTSH fires him. PAP don't respect locals. simple as that. If you enjoy paying million $ salary to PAP to disrespect you, then continue at the next election.

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
TRS contributor will be receiving a summon soon for filming mata in action and putting it on social media. I believe a ruling against showing mata in social media was setup during wong cunt sing era as home minister after mata caught sleeping in mata chia at mscp gone viral in internet.

there are many Chinese and a few malayu men carrying slingbag with camera on hand in the video, are they plainclothes mata?

KuanTi01

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Firstly, Thaipusam should be gazetted as a public holiday since it is a very sacred and meaningful day not just for Hindu devotees but also for all Singaporeans who believes and celebrates multi-culturalism; multi-religious harmony and multi-ethnicity. Everything about our government is Pay and Pay!

AhMeng

Alfrescian (Inf- Comp)
Asset
Firstly, Thaipusam should be gazetted as a public holiday since it is a very sacred and meaningful day not just for Hindu devotees but also for all Singaporeans who believes and celebrates multi-culturalism; multi-religious harmony and multi-ethnicity. Everything about our government is Pay and Pay!

Hello....then what about Our Chinese festivals?

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Is it because the sinkie police are arrogant and looking for trouble? Maybe seeking those guys who escape rioting charges previously?

Asterix

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Tailor grain trader long time mati
Wrote book torn tattered sample
Found in Chicago Board of Trade
Today would be a Short Sell Day
Angel index player sifu and rogue
Says don't be small time scalper
Ride one in morning another later
Same day and so it is with Hantu
On fourth of February winter day
Anechoic chamber top of my list
Silence equals upsized positions
God of Wealth please be so kind
Strike noise makers with lightning

[video=youtube;3G5l7Y1fBhc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3G5l7Y1fBhc[/video]

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Fuck lah these useless yaya Poodles.. When faced with a mob of rowdy drunk Kelings, they quickly ran away seeking cover.. Not even a single kick on the butt of a drunk Keling on that fateful December night of 2013..

But look at how yaya payaya these useless Poodles dealt with this local Mama..

KuanTi01

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hello....then what about Our Chinese festivals?

But of course! Under our PAP system of government, we are all supposed to work until we die with the least no. of public holidays in the civilised world. So let me see; hopefully a new party in power can gazette Dumpling Festival; Mooncake Festival; Birthday of Confucius as public holidays quite apart from extending CNY from a 2-day holiday break to at least 1 week. With the expected push for equal treatment of the races, we can hope for even more public holidays such as extending the Hari Raya Puasa and Hari Raya Haji holidays. Better still we can also declare bank holidays like in the UK. Song!

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If the reports of Pinoys complaining about the noise to the police are true, then it really is sheer hypocrisy. :rolleyes:

The Pinoys themselves are fond of generating plenty of rowdy noise back in Pinoyland, with their stupid quasi-Catholic street processions in the early morning... much to the ire of the ang moh expats living there.

IDIOT-FEST In Cebu (Sinulog): An Amplification Of The Filipino’s Ignorance And Stupidity
http://philippinefailblog.com/idiot...ion-of-the-filipinos-ignorance-and-stupidity/

loudspeakers-in-the-streets.gif

Oh The Ignorance! Noise Loving Filipino Idiots (you can listen to the recorded audio clips)
http://philippinefailblog.com/oh-the-ignorance-noise-loving-filipino-idiots/

Filipino-idiots-drumming.jpg

I Have a Headache…Could You Please Make More Noise?
http://philippinefailblog.com/i-have-a-headache-could-you-please-make-more-noise/

stupid_noisey_filipinos.jpg

songsongjurong

Alfrescian
Loyal
plainclothes acting tough and shit...bloody hell, police brutality !!!!

[video=youtube;HMy9RGMfQl0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMy9RGMfQl0[/video]

Semaj2357

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Local Ah Neh are mostly the lower caste one. Every year they will create problem during Thaipusam. Ah Neh are embolden when they are in a group, you break them up and they become nice people.

and coupled with booze, some it savvy an nehs will be going "vale, vale, email, email.......yahoo! :biggrin:

xpo2015

Alfrescian
Loyal
fighting in a religious festival?

You can't get more holy than that!!

When the law comes down on you, you better obey!

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Don't know the details but someone claimed that the PAP took away the holiday as punishment because they dared to go against the
PAP:confused:

Maybe someone can fill in the details:confused:

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
FT Ah Nehs dont celebrate Thaipusam cos Thaipusam is southern indian festival... My FT northern indian friends and colleagues tell me that only only caste indians celebrate Thaipusam and i was like huh??

It's true what. Caste indians mean low caste and were it not for the brits north and south wouldn't be a country.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Local Ah Neh are mostly the lower caste one. Every year they will create problem during Thaipusam. Ah Neh are embolden when they are in a group, you break them up and they become nice people.

Oh shit! racism!!!! cannot say local indians!!! They are all nice ppl! Die liao!

Yet when it comes to talking about chinese ppl. They like money, damn kiasu kiasee etc it's fine.

My point is this. Isn't it a fact that local shit skins create problems during thaipusam. True they are like this yet all because they are sinkies i dunno why other locals mostly chinese will defend them to the death and refuse to admit the truth.