• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Scrobal analysis on CSJ on PAP Press

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
No use. Voters want people who can do things for them, like build a new playground, another coffeeshop etc, not another talking head talking theories and what ifs all the time. Talking does nothing. Arguing lagi worse. Begging and praying to the PAP deities is the way to get what you want.

let me revert after i seek my sifu's inputs. he is none other than kukubird59.

kukubird59

Alfrescian
Loyal
Excellent post! With just 3 sentences, you have encapsulated everything about Singapore politics and its voters.
hahaha....this post clearly showed what an empty vessel Scroobal is.....
the idiot thought intelligence and credibility were measured by the number of threads started and posts made on a single topic.....
people needed 3 sentences while our resident empty vessel started tens of threads and made hundreds of posts......blah, blah, blah about things that can be encapsulated in just 3 sentences.....
truly retarded....

Last edited:

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
hahaha....this post clearly showed what an empty vessel Scroobal is.....
the idiot thought intelligence and credibility were measured by the number of threads started and posts made on a single topic.....
people needed 3 sentences while our resident empty vessel started tens of threads and made hundreds of posts......blah, blah, blah about things that can be encapsulated in just 3 sentences.....
truly retarded....

absolutely agree n we are with you on this. kuku's the best! time to return to your cage.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I disagree with the report that Chee's character is the main reason for SDP's lost. They fall short of saying the sinkie effect of losing out on upgrading carrot which PAP used to threaten on every election. The reason why I hate Singapore is because no one, even reporters, dare to come clean on all the bad things that PAP did. Like I mentioned long ago, it is the sinkie effect, MOE has fed our children with all the wrong history and the sinkie parents are doing nothing about it. LKY said Singapore will not live beyond 100 if sinkies remain....sinkies.

Even Mother Teresa will not win against a PAP politician when the election is run by the PAP indirectly.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Election Department?? Wrong target. It's the PA - People's Association that is the elephant in the room. Remove the PA or put opp MPs in the PA and I guarantee u the vote swing will be massive!

Yeah, right. Only if the PM allows the opposition candidate to win. GE 2015 showed that the PM is the puppet controller.

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I can understand some old farts not wanting to rock the boat but what has happened to the rest of the country????:eek:

The list of complaints about the PAP are endless. It is a known fact that 30% of sinkies are anti PAP and would vote for the opposition even if they did zero campaigning. All that was needed was another 21% with an average IQ to see the benefits of voting CSJ but it appears that the stupidity of sinkies runs a lot deeper than I ever realised.

All I can say is the PAP and the electorate make perfect bedfellows. The government loves fucking its citizens hard in the arse and the electorate just loves getting shafted till they bleed. It's a match made in heaven that will continue for a long time to come.

The smartest guy in this forum has been Tonychat all along. The rest of us were dumb enough to actually have some hope.

Sinkies just vote for familiarity. This is unlike mature democracies where voters expect the incumbent to prove why they should remain in office. In Singapore, voters just go with what they think has worked so far. And disgruntlement over issues like CPF, transport breakdowns, etc, do not necessarily translate into votes for the opposition unless the discontent is deeply felt. The first thought that crosses voters' minds is, so what if I vote in Chee Soon Juan, can he solve the train breakdowns?

That is why Sinkies are traditionally bad at strategy games like Chess where you have to think a few moves ahead. They are just aware of the immediacy of the moment, feel that life is still okay, and by default choose PAP.

Wunderfool

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Slave mentality of BB residents - A parallel

Slavery in the United States written by Neil Anderson

Slavery in the United States was abolished by the 13th Amendment on December 18th 1865.

'How many slaves were there on December 19th 1865? Well, in reality, there should have been none. But many still lived like slaves, because they never learned the truth. Others knew and even believed that they were free but chose to live as they always had'.

Neil wrote, 'Now suppose several plantation owners were devastated by the Emancipation Proclamation.'We're ruined!', they said, 'Slavery has been abolished. We've lost the battle to keep our slaves'. But their chief spokesman slyly responded, 'Not necessarily, as long as these people think they're still slaves, the Emancipation Proclamation will have no practical effect. We don't have a legal right over them anymore, but many of them don't know it. Keep your slaves from learning the truth, and your control over them will not even be challenged'.

Once a cotton farmer asked, 'But what if the news spreads?'

'Don't panic', was the reply. 'We have another barrel in our gun. We may not be able to keep them from hearing the news, but we can still keep them from understanding it. We still have the potential to deceive the whole world. Just tell them that they are going to be free, not that they are free already. The truth they heard is just positional truth, not actual truth. Someday they may receive the benefits, but not now.

'But they'll expect me to say that. They won't believe me', came the response.

'Then pick out a few persuasive ones who are convinced that they're still slaves and let them do the talking for you. Remember, most of these free people were born as slaves and have been slaves their whole lives. All we have to do is deceive them so that they still think they're slaves. As long as they continue to do what slaves do, it will not be hard to convince them that they must still be slaves. They will maintain their slave identity because of the things they do. The moment they try to profess that they are no longer slaves, just whisper in their ears, 'How can you even think you are no longer a slave when you are still doing things that slaves do?'.

Years later, many had still not heard the wonderful news that they had been freed, so naturally they continued to live the way they had always lived. Some heard the good news but told themselves, 'I'm still living like a slave, doing the same things I have always done. My experience tells me that I must not be free. Everything is the same as before the Proclamation, so it must not be true. I must still be a slave'. So they continued as if they had not received freedom!

Then one day, a former slave heard the good news and received it with great joy. He checked out the validity of the Proclamation and discovered that the highest of all authorities had originated the decree. Not only that, but it personally cost the authority a tremendous price so that slaves could be free. The slave's life was transformed. He reasoned that it would be hypocritical to continue living as a slave, even though his feelings told him he still was. Determined to live by what he knew to be true, his experiences began to change dramatically because he realized that his old master had no authority over him any more, and he did not need to be obeyed. He was free, and he gladly served the one who set him free'.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Sinkies just vote for familiarity. This is unlike mature democracies where voters expect the incumbent to prove why they should remain in office. In Singapore, voters just go with what they think has worked so far. And disgruntlement over issues like CPF, transport breakdowns, etc, do not necessarily translate into votes for the opposition unless the discontent is deeply felt. The first thought that crosses voters' minds is, so what if I vote in Chee Soon Juan, can he solve the train breakdowns?

That is why Sinkies are traditionally bad at strategy games like Chess where you have to think a few moves ahead. They are just aware of the immediacy of the moment, feel that life is still okay, and by default choose PAP.

This one I agree.. But I don't call that familiarity, i called that stupid sinkified dumbfuck plus a dose of ball-lessness.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Are you saying that the fault lies with the voters? Surely they cannot be different from voters of Hougang, Aljunied and one time Punggol East and Potong Pasir. The distance as the crow flies is incredibly short and they use the same transport systems. the same CPF etc and they all live in centrally run government and economy.