• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

School force students to sell $50 tix

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE id=msgUN cellSpacing=3 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD id=msgUNsubj vAlign=top> Coffeeshop Chit Chat - School force students to sell $50 tix</TD><TD id=msgunetc noWrap align=right>
icon.aspx
Subscribe </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE class=msgtable cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="96%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=msg vAlign=top><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgbfr1 width="1%"> </TD><TD><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgF noWrap align=right width="1%">From: </TD><TD class=msgFname noWrap width="68%">Tuez les Tous (kTuLu5) <NOBR></NOBR> </TD><TD class=msgDate noWrap align=right width="30%">Feb-10 8:49 pm </TD></TR><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgT noWrap align=right width="1%" height=20>To: </TD><TD class=msgTname noWrap width="68%">ALL <NOBR></NOBR></TD><TD class=msgNum noWrap align=right> (1 of 5) </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgleft width="1%" rowSpan=4> </TD><TD class=wintiny noWrap align=right>6917.1 </TD></TR><TR><TD height=8></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgtxt><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=510 align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD>This Urban Jungle
Posted on 11 Feb, 2009 10:14
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=530 align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD>Tough times, yet school forces students to sell fundraising tickets

A STOMPer thinks it is too much for a school to ask its students to sell fundraising tickets which cost $50 each, during this economic recession.

He tells STOMP:

"Students were asked to sell fun fair tickets, costing $50 each, to their friends and relatives.

"But if the kids cannot find buyers, and try to return the unsold tickets to the school, their teacher would still force them to try harder (to sell) and also pass sarcastic comments onto them.

"If on normal days, what's $50.00 to a Singaporean?

"However, with the large number of workers being retrenched, and the unemployment up to 3.7% in Q4 of 2008, about 70, 000 workers are unemployed.

"Every Singaporean has tried to tighten their expenses, and some have it worse -- their breadwinner might have been jobless since the start of 2009!

"I just wonder why the school don't have any sympathy for parents who have been 'beaten into bad shape' during this crisis.

"Why is the school still forcing their students to sell the fun fair tickets without any sympathy?"

STOMP is contacting the sender for more information.

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Stupid school sure have under table money. If the school have 2000 student each person sell $50. Total amount would be $100K. Fuck how can force people to sell. Bring this news to Parliment.

nextinfidel

Alfrescian
Loyal
Stupid school sure have under table money. If the school have 2000 student each person sell $50. Total amount would be $100K. Fuck how can force people to sell. Bring this news to Parliment.

not just $50. even if $100 I'll pay.

But first must let me choose the school girl first. must wear school uniform - white blouse, and dark blue skirt. white bra and white or pink panties underneath. 1 hour - get to pump her in the classroom on the desk itself.

good enuff deal for the school to raise funds????

Lestat

Alfrescian
Loyal
"But if the kids cannot find buyers, and try to return the unsold tickets to the school, their teacher would still force them to try harder (to sell) and also pass sarcastic comments onto them.

The students should throw back this statement to the teachers:

"You all are iron rice bowl, no need to worry about losing jobs, but people out there have no jobs and no money. Cannot sell means cannot sell. You try and sell for yourself la. If not, you buy all my tickets la"

And walk away after throwing the rest of the tickets back at the teacher.

:p

High Command

Alfrescian
Loyal
Same think happened during NS to me. Was told the minium acceptable donations would be $10. So I filled them up with 20 names from RTK each contributing $0.10 and gave $2. Guess what? Nothing happened to me.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
The students should throw back this statement to the teachers:

"You all are iron rice bowl, no need to worry about losing jobs, but people out there have no jobs and no money. Cannot sell means cannot sell. You try and sell for yourself la. If not, you buy all my tickets la"

And walk away after throwing the rest of the tickets back at the teacher.

:p

Agree. Insensitive. Some years back, I mentioned that a teacher told her class to ask their parents for used carpark coupons for a project. Some parents without cars ended up buying new coupons.

ahleebabasingaporethief

Alfrescian
Loyal
I still see students on weekends and sometimes on weekdays selling "flags"; small stickers, for charities.

They carry small tin cans where one can drop donations.

Nowadays, I always tell these students off in a nice manner that money is hard to make and that I donate directly to the needy charities of my choice.

It is not a right message to send to these young students if you were to drop money in their cans. They might still think everything is well and fine in LALA Land. I just tell them to ask the PAPpies to donate to their tin cans. .

These students should just go to the charity homes and do social work instead of "begging" on the streets.

shOUTloud

Alfrescian
Loyal

These students should just go to the charity homes and do social work instead of "begging" on the streets. [/COLOR][/SIZE][/B][/QUOTE]

What's wrong with asking them to go onto the streets to beg? They are doing it for charity, for goodness's sake. You only know to tell them off and go online to brag about it.

Tell us more about the charity work that you have been doing. :mad:

It is difficult enough to get the young to start doing charity work without idiots like you to discourage them. :oIo:

ahleebabasingaporethief

Alfrescian
Loyal

These students should just go to the charity homes and do social work instead of "begging" on the streets. [/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

What's wrong with asking them to go onto the streets to beg? They are doing it for charity, for goodness's sake. You only know to tell them off and go online to brag about it.

It is difficult enough to get the young to start doing charity work without idiots like you to discourage them. :oIo:[/QUOTE]

The young of today are barinwashed in schools. Please check and READ their history books on Singapore.

You are sadly out of touch. Or are you a lazy teacher? Or one of them.

I oppose to the young put out on the streets to beg for money; even for charities.

Those in the know always donate their monies, foodstuff, essentials, or time to charitable places; DIRECTLY like I do.

shOUTloud

Alfrescian
Loyal

It is difficult enough to get the young to start doing charity work without idiots like you to discourage them. :oIo:

The young of today are barinwashed in schools. Please check and READ their history books on Singapore.

Those in the know always donate their monies, foodstuff, essentials, or time to charitable places; DIRECTLY like I do.
[/QUOTE]

My question to you is not whether you donate money. Any Singaporean would have donated money. I am asking you whether you had spent a Saturday walking in the hot sun asking perfect strangers to donate money and getting dirty looks in return.

Have you ever done volunteer work before? on a regular basis? Stop judging and start doing. FYI, I am not a teacher, please do not jump to conclusion and start labeling people as you have always done.

newyorker88

Alfrescian
Loyal
KNN!

What school is this? MOE should stop all these so called nonsense, a school is where the kids go for education, not FORCED to sell tickets.

If the teacher says $50.00 is nothing to ordinary singaporeans, maybe the teacher should try taking up those the students cannot sell.

Is there a quota? That each teacher must meet? What a joke.

PJ Boy

Alfrescian
Loyal
My question to you is:

Why the fuck should I do charity work against my will?

And who the hell are the teachers and principals to command me to do charity work? Do they possess the moral authority? Have they donated millions to chairities before? Have they spent years volunteering?

shOUTloud

Alfrescian
Loyal
My question to you is:

Why the fuck should I do charity work against my will?

And who the hell are the teachers and principals to command me to do charity work? Do they possess the moral authority? Have they donated millions to chairities before? Have they spent years volunteering?

Are you directing the question to me? I agree with you. The schools would have higher moral authority if they donated millions and spend years volunteering.

But my pt to alibaba is why does he have to go and discourage pple who are trying their best to do charity work? If he has serious objections, he can write to the papers or go down to the school to reason with the teachers? Why bully the children?

NoOnEsAwMe

Alfrescian
Loyal
u guys can happily go on and on about doing charity and what-not.

true, this kind of manpower can be better utilised at old aged homes, etc.

but what to do? the bloody schools want to see $ and use $ as a measurement of "performance".

does the amount of $ collected directly correlate to the amount of effort put in?
a student from a rich family would take $50 to change into coins and stuff up the damn tin can - forget about asking people for $ under the hot afternoon sun.
a student from a poorer family might end up with only $20 of coins after begging almost endlessly.

on the other hand, there are many other dimensions to be considered - personal choice to donate, to seek donation, less empathy for charities (due to nkf saga, etc).

in conclusion, how about NOT giving anything to these students.

1. it will either piss off the students, make them embittered for being screwed by their teachers; or encouraged to have a heart of gold (less likely, tho')

2. it will send a message to the schools that this money thing should stop.

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
while i do donate to students selling flags, i also check which charities they are collecting on behalf. i wont blindly drop money into any tin cans carry by the students.

One type that i DONT donate is collection by the schools for whatever projects they are on, ie. school building fund, NTU/NUS/Poly flag day by freshies. First, school building fund should be allocated by MOE, i already pay taxes, no way i gonna pay anymore. NTU/NUS/Poly flag day are collected for what purposes? I am not donating money so that some 17yo punks/lians can go Cambodia to wayang and howlian about building a toilet for some ulu villages. Charity always begin at home, cannot even help fellow singaporeans yet want to go out help others. pui....

As for this tickets nonsense, i certaintly wont pay for it. In fact i will make my kid return it back. If teacher not happy, can contact me and i will give him/her my two cents. I dont give a damn if they give poor grade to my kid for social work as it dont worth a damn.

Last edited:

jw5

Loyal
while i do donate to students selling flags, i also check which charities they are collecting on behalf. i wont blindly drop money into any tin cans carry by the students.

One type that i DONT donate is collection by the schools for whatever projects they are on, ie. school building fund, NTU/NUS/Poly flag day by freshies. First, school building fund should be allocated by MOE, i already pay taxes, no way i gonna pay anymore. NTU/NUS/Poly flag day are collected for what purposes? I am not donating money so that some 17yo punks/lians can go Cambodia to wayang and howlian about building a toilet for some ulu villages. Charity always begin at home, cannot even help fellow singaporeans yet want to go out help others. pui....

As for this tickets nonsense, i certaintly wont pay for it. In fact i will make my kid return it back. If teacher not happy, can contact me and i will give him/her my two cents. I dont give a damn if they give poor grade to my kid for social work as it dont worth a damn.
I ask the students which charity they are collecing for.
If they don't know, mutter something unintelligible or refuse to answer, no donation.
I also don't donate to tertiary institutions, these are not charities.
And I wonder what the school will do if the student doesn't sell a sngle ticket. Expel them? Let's see if they dare.

nextinfidel

Alfrescian
Loyal
same here in sec school. always kena some fucking donation card thing.

you have to know that teachers are the middle men. simply carry out the order which is passed down from Principal or MOE. the order is like each child must raise at least $20. you don't hit $20, you don't go home kinda thing.

my cousin's daughter, had to do this donation can shit. for 4/6 hours on a saturday, you get 2 points. meaning 2 discount points off your O level aggregate result. very very smart move.

next SAF. very simple. just print out in the RO. "SAF marathon donation card. each serviceman is STRONGLY ENCOURGAED to collect a minimum of $20."

now the regulars (SGTs) don't give a fuck. you don't collect $20? I mark you and I sit on your tail like a heat seeking guided missile. I never forget that.
and each minimum donation must be $2 and above. so you can't fill up the spaces with $0.01 each.

thats why I urged all of you reservists, when you go back ICT or IPPT or whatever fuck shit, take back from them what they took from you initially. the donation cards, the 2years wasted, the endless regimental duties, the vulgar verbal reprimands. damage, vandalise, abuse, misuse, loot SAF equipment and property for what its worth.

SINGAPORE ARMED FORCES, THOSE RESPONSIBLE FOR THE DONATION CARDS - YOU TAKE THAT FUCKING MONEY CHIAK HO SI!!!!! TAK SELAMAT!!!!!

KANINA BUAY CHEE BYE. FUCK YOU SINGAPORE ARMED FORCES. FUCK YOU TO HELL. TAKE MY MONEY AND GO STRAIGHT TO HELL!!!!! BURN IN FUCKING HELL WITH THAT ILL-GOTTEN MONEY YOU EXPLOITED FROM THE NSFS.