• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Schmeichel gets dad's backing

ULike2CarryModBalls

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Schmeichel gets dad's backing

Kasper Schmeichel fully deserves the opportunity to line up in goal for Denmark against England according to his father, Peter.

Football%20News-%20Kasper%20Schmeichel%20Leicester.jpg

Wednesday 5th March 2014

The Leicester City number one is set to earn his third international cap in Wednesday night's friendly at Wembley.

And Peter, who played in goal for Denmark on 129 occasions, says he is immensely proud of his 27-year-old son.

"It's well deserved, he's played exceptionally well for Leicester over a long, long period of time," he told Sky Sports News.

"He's been very, very patient. Of all the goalkeepers that have been picked in the Danish team over the last couple of years he's been the one consistent player.

"He's played every week and played to a high level and I think it's great that he gets his opportunity. It's in England, it's at Wembley and as a dad I'm really, really proud I have to say."

Kasper was linked with a move away from Leicester during the transfer window in January.

Former Manchester United keeper Peter refused to be drawn on his son's future but admitted playing regularly at the highest level benefits every player's international career.

"The way international football is these days, it's very, very competitive," he said. "I think for anyone playing international football - the higher the level you can play at and consistently play at - the better equipped you are to play these games."

Meanwhile, Kasper says he will be cheering on England at this summer's World Cup following Denmark's failure to qualify for the tournament in Brazil.

"They've got all the players to be a success," he said. "I think sometimes the media and everyone heap a little bit too much criticism on them when it's not quite deserved but I think they've got a great squad and a very good manager.

"Now that Denmark are not going to be there I am going to be hoping that England go far."