• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Scenes from 60's Spore

Kuailan

Alfrescian
Loyal
I've stayed around those areas in the old days. I remember that area was susceptible to the floods.

I remember near Hari Raya Puasa always Flooded, poor

kampong folks go KK marketing return home on Green Bus

food soaked with dirty water from the flood!!

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I remember near Hari Raya Puasa always Flooded, poor

kampong folks go KK marketing return home on Green Bus

food soaked with dirty water from the flood!!

I remember the power outages it caused. Had a relative who had to move the furniture to the 2nd floor to avoid the rising water.

Kuailan

Alfrescian
Loyal
I remember the power outages it caused. Had a relative who had to move the furniture to the 2nd floor to avoid the rising water.

U are lucky if u hv a second floor to move up, we had to
sleep on the dirty and full of spider web ceiling to avoid
the flood in our sitting room! furniture and everything
soaked in flood water!!

PressPowder

Alfrescian
Loyal
attachment.php

Not new fancy bus stop

Wow! Look at the bus during those days.

yahoo55

Alfrescian
Loyal
Back in the 50s, 60s and 70s, Potong Pasir was often flooded due to it's a low-lying area next to Kallang river. There's one hill in Potong Pasir called Woodsville Hill and on the hill is my school St Andrews School. During big floods, residents of the kampong houses at the foot of the hill would take refuge to higher ground in St Andrew’s School.

potong-pasir-flood.jpg

Rescuing+pig+from+flood+in+Singapore+(ST,+1978).jpg

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
U are lucky if u hv a second floor to move up, we had to
sleep on the dirty and full of spider web ceiling to avoid
the flood in our sitting room! furniture and everything
soaked in flood water!!

My family was better off in the past. Have stayed in different parts of Bukit Timah from 41/2 mile to 71/2 mile Bukit Timah, Have also stayed in Hong Kong park. These homes have always had a 2nd story.

All in the past now, I currently live in an apartment & looking for somewhere healthier & cheaper. Maybe in Thailand, Malaysia,.....:confused: