• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

SCDF Ambulance Service is really F***ked up

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Have you ever seen an open wound before? The injured has to be stretchered out to the ambulance. With an open wound on his neck, if there is no neck brace to keep the weight of his head and jaw from moving around and making it still, the wound would be exposed further and more blood flowing out.

Ah I see. So, u don't stop blood from flowing out of a neck wound thru the use of compression bandages and applied pressure to the area. U put a neck brace on first? Neck brace can stop the bleeding meh? U are such a genius. Wow, u should be running SCDF.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
by putting up this post, you have displayed:
- no or little knowledge of first aid training
- no idea the actual seriousness of the situation
- base your assessment on evidences that you witness on the surface and not know the depth
- totally out of your layman depth.

Anti-PAP is one thing, been shown how stupid you are by making the wrong noise is another thing.

Cleareyes get some specs.

vamjok

Alfrescian
Loyal
So, what has changed? U are still totally lost now.

too lazy to explain to you anymore cos i am going to say the same thing. i said again stopping the bleeding is 2nd priority with respect to neck injuries fullstop. go take basic first aid course that all i can say if you don't believe.

were you there to see the situation of the victim to judge there is no neck injuries after he has collapse? no, all the information you had is based on newspaper. streetfights and you are stupid enough to believe no injuries to the head/neck you are really a genius. neck injuries cannot run 500m in life and death situation?

i had heard of cases road traffic accident someone walk out of the car and tlak to his friend before collapsing. smart is enough don't act too smart

vamjok

Alfrescian
Loyal
guess what, i realised that fellow died only 5 hrs later. it might be hard for you to comprehend but it actually shows the paramedic has done her job. confuse? i bet someone as stupid as you will be

wikiphile

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
guess what, i realised that fellow died only 5 hrs later. it might be hard for you to comprehend but it actually shows the paramedic has done her job. confuse? i bet someone as stupid as you will be

So the victim probably died of trauma injuries and not bleeding to death. It is always up to the paramedic to determine how to treat the victim first and identify what is life threatening and what is not.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Ok, Ramseth, next time u have a serious injury, bleeding out, etc. Please ask the para to stop whatever he/she is doing and put a neck brace on you. Ok? I will attend your funeral.

Based on just a photo, how do you know that there was no injury to the neck and bandaged, if necessary, wasn't applied first, then braced up?

Anyway, if I was in that situation, I'd just have to entrust my life to the ambulance officers. And if I made it to the hospital, I'd just have to entrust my life to the doctors and nurses. If it's my time to go, I have to go.

streetsmart73

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Based on just a photo, how do you know that there was no injury to the neck and bandaged, if necessary, wasn't applied first, then braced up?

Anyway, if I was in that situation, I'd just have to entrust my life to the ambulance officers. And if I made it to the hospital, I'd just have to entrust my life to the doctors and nurses. If it's my time to go, I have to go.

hi there

1. ram, bingo!
2. what a conclusion from just a shot.
3. and when was the shot taken should also be taken into consideration.
4. honest, i do come from a family of docs and nursing professionals.
5. they do work their butt out to save lives.

rainagain

Papsmearer, being stupid is bad enough. Thinking u r smart (geh kiang) is even worse. Think even IMH cannot help u.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverfox@
Have you ever seen an open wound before? The injured has to be stretchered out to the ambulance. With an open wound on his neck, if there is no neck brace to keep the weight of his head and jaw from moving around and making it still, the wound would be exposed further and more blood flowing out.

Ah I see. So, u don't stop blood from flowing out of a neck wound thru the use of compression bandages and applied pressure to the area. U put a neck brace on first? Neck brace can stop the bleeding meh? U are such a genius. Wow, u should be running SCDF.