• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Scam from Sybase 365

singaforever

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just looked at my Starhub bill and realised to my horror I got charge $72.00 for "SY01-TMG Mobile Services" Checked with Starhub and found out that it is from Sybase 365. Basically they send you an SMS and charged you $4.00 for it. Yes, they reverse charge you.

Called this company at 6571 3999 this morning to complain and they claimed I activated it in May this year and they can only refund 50%. Told them I am aware of their modus operandi (it was reported in the news previously) and as such there is no way I could have subscribed to their 'services'.

So guys and especially those who never check their bill because they pay thorugh GIRO, check your bill carefully.

I called Starhub to ask why they allow this kind of scam, bloody Starhub customer service officer raised his voice at me to say its betwen myself and Sybase and I should check if I had activated their service. This is nothing new and all the Telcos are aware of this scam. Internet forums has mention of this scam.

Anyway for raising his voice at me, I am cancelling Starhub's subscription too. I may be unreasonable, but that is my perogative.

Remember 'SYBASE 365' and may their next generation be born without asshole.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Anyway for raising his voice at me, I am cancelling Starhub's subscription too. I may be unreasonable, but that is my perogative.

Yup, i do not give in to sinkie behavior. I avoided sinkie at all cost myself too, now my life is so much better.

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i also kenna this Sybase 365 where i had to pay for sms that they sent to my hp. I call starhub to clarify the matter, till now no answer from starhub. So every month i will only pay my subscription. That remaining balance for Sybase 365 i will not pay. once my contract finish, i will cancel the line.

singaforever

Alfrescian
Loyal
So long as you don't pay your bill in full, the blood sucking starhub will charge you interest. Wish the next generation of the people who own Sybase, all born without backside/ asshole.

Microsoft

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
U r not the oni 1... Some of my friends oso kena bill out of nowhere... Dis type of practice shd not hab being allowed by Suxhub in the 1st place... Garment own telco co team up with gangster 2 rob ur moni... :rolleyes:

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
So long as you don't pay your bill in full, the blood sucking starhub will charge you interest. Wish the next generation of the people who own Sybase, all born without backside/ asshole.

where got interest? i check my bill monthly as i cancelled my GIRO upon receiving the first bill that contain that Sybase 365. now always dont pay that amount with the 7% gst.

shOUTloud

Alfrescian
Loyal
there must be a way to get this resolved. I thot previously there was a company who kanna as well. how about writing to IDA to complain againt Starhub.