• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

SBF - Pro PAP site?

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
There is nothing to revive. This forum was at it's quietest mid 2010 and I accepted that the competition from facebook and numerous other sites had simply diluted things and that the traffic patterns were pretty much established.

This forum was quietest in mid 2010 because I was traveling around and seldom login. With me around, action and reaction abound.

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
PAP bashing has lost its novelty. Kids are doing it for fun now on FB. Just look at LHL's FB wall, TRE, etc etc

Sammyboy is just staying ahead of the social media curve.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro, you got the wrong end of the stick. This might help.

I remember this incident years ago in SBF that best reflects the character of SBF. That was a series of threads raging on various topics including one on education. Then one chap started a thread and I think the header was "Wah, Chiobu farted in lift" this guy was so excited and he wrote how he could not believe that a chiobu can fart. It was the most inane thread that ever appeared. There was a lot of postings, most of it bashing the guy for getting excited.

It was classic SBF. Anything and everything was par for the course. We all became bonded by this character. No one complained about it because I suppose we were proud of the balance. There was never a boring day. You could get your heavy stuff and you get your fun and kicks from inane and biazzare threads.

In fact I dare say that even bizarre thread are few and far between.

No disrespect to the seniors. This is my view.

Firstly, the Original Folder. This has always been the Geylang of the forum. All sorts of characters are allowed to run riot here. This is the attraction that draws in the crowd. Pedestrian Alpha goes to Geylang and finds that he does not like Geylang anymore. Geylang used to synamous with Singaporeans but recently has become a haven for the PRCs and Banglas. Pedestrian Alpha is upset. The Geylang that he grew up, is no longer the same. The new crowd has changed the face of Geylang. But, there is always Joo Chiat to go to.

Raiders

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Bro, you got the wrong end of the stick. This might help.

I agree on this point. There was once when I commented on how I would like to thrash all of Fishypie's thread. But after 2 days of thinking back and reading his titles again, I felt that I might have been wrong to crucify him so fast. I love this forum because there are all sort of people around. Lunatics, idiots, intellects, businessmen, millionaires, migrants, gangsters, civil servants. Everyone is a colourful character here. Therefore, I agree with this statement "anything goes".

But unfortunately, there is no way this forum or folder can make everyone happy. For those who really cannot accept the culture here and expects the forum to run the way you wanted, Sam has a suggestion for you :biggrin:

erection2015

Alfrescian (InfP) + C
bro , its wonderful that you have this view. I have always felt that for the forum to thrive it must be inclusive.

Heavy hitters...cerebral guys ...normal guys and erected airheads all in the mix posting the stuff that turns them on. We dont all have to chat with one

another all the time for the communications to be lively and the forum vibrant. There are enough interest groups to generate comms.

To each his own and more power to BosSam.

It was classic SBF. Anything and everything was par for the course. We all became bonded by this character. No one complained about it because I suppose we were proud of the balance. There was never a boring day. You could get your heavy stuff and you get your fun and kicks from inane and biazzare threads.

In fact I dare say that even bizarre thread are few and far between.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
He has always been the biggest troll in this forum. It helps generate varying views and discussions.

In those days, he also carried multiple personalities. All were fantastic. Here are some.

A. middle eastern chap that despised Singaporeans

B. racists who hated Chinese one day and Indians the next day

C. Avid proponent and educator of entrepreneurship - wonderful threads with good examples

D. PAP lover

E. Hardcore anti-establishment

F. Fitness and health advocate

G. Pro NS

I. Good citizenship

Now days its its pretty much pro PAP nearly all the time.

Sam is like the yin and yang in Taichi. Once there are too many PAP supporter I'm sure he'll start to switch sides and take up the opposition cause. He had stated on numerous occasion this forum is just a "pet" project for him and just like to stir up some shit in it.

erection2015

Alfrescian (InfP) + C
he hasnt yet tried to pose as a female ....or has he ? :eek:

He has always been the biggest troll in this forum. It helps generate varying views and discussions.

In those days, he also carried multiple personalities. All were fantastic. Here are some.

A. middle eastern chap that despised Singaporeans

B. racists who hated Chinese one day and Indians the next day

C. Avid proponent and educator of entrepreneurship - wonderful threads with good examples

D. PAP lover

E. Hardcore anti-establishment

F. Fitness and health advocate

G. Pro NS

I. Good citizenship

Now days its its pretty much pro PAP nearly all the time.

jiakhongleow

Alfrescian
Loyal
SBF site is getting bored with Sam as pro-PAP supporter. Either he had a knife to his throat or sold his site to PAP. Either way I am leaving this annoying site and more interested in TRE. Least TRE did some journalist investigations and follow up some issues whereas SBF did all the cut and paste 2ndhand postings borrowed from other sites.

Boring ................................

With Sam leading the charge in recent months (tongue in cheek of course which flies past the majority) noticed that anti-establishment postings have dropped perceptibly. I wonder how the site will evolve.

cunnilaubu

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Just wait and see.
Once SG is in some sort of trouble, FT will be the first to run road.
If not, why you think that FT couples 1 on pink IC and 1 on PR?

This is quite truth. I have friends & acquaintance (PRCs, Indians, Hongkies) doing that. Their son, 2nd gen PRs, did NS but refuse to take up citizenship.
Why do you think this is so? Their own admission - 留后路!

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset

You left out the emigration advice.

I tried to get "C" going just a couple of weeks ago but the thread died a premature death.

Before the 2006 election, this place was actually more apolitical. Politics has always been discussed but there was a much broader range of topics on the table.

These days it's pretty much 90% PAP bashing and this has come about not because of me but because of the change in the mood of the electorate. The frustrations have grown and xenophobia has spread to all segments of society.

I've noticed the "fun" element and the humor gradually drain out of the forum because I guess it is lacking in Singapore society at large as a result of the stresses caused by 5 million obnoxious characters living in close proximity.

At the end of the day, I can't work miracles if nobody bites.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
There should be no notion of pro-PAP or anti-PAP. Just address and discuss issues. It's not possible that everything PAP does is either all right or all wrong.

If course its possible. When they pay themselves the highest salaries in the world and justify it by saying they are the bestest talents to run the country, they better fucking get everything right. Anything less than 100% right is a fail and a wrong. The taxpayer did not pay them to get it partially right. This is a very simple concept, better get your head around it.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
The reason why the anti establishment postings have dropped is because I have managed to convince many that Singapore is indeed a great place and that the govt, while it does have its flaws, (which govt doesn't) it certainly has the long term survival of Singapore at the heart of all its policies.

Many have not realised in the past that while the little Island is a tropical oasis, beyond its tiny borders is a very harsh and threatening landscape.

This is no ordinary country. It is unique in the way it was forged and it will have to punch well above its weight if it is to continue to prosper the way it has in the past.

As more and more Singaporeans wake up to the realities that Singapore faces, I sincerely hope that they will close ranks behind the PAP in order to maximise the chances of Singapore's success.

Singapore does not need airheads and bimbos who consider their iPhones and their cars to be the most important things on earth. It needs forward thinking individuals who plan for the future and are willing to work very hard to make things happen. If foreigners are needed to fill the empty talent pool, then so be it. They should be welcomed with open arms.

The reason why there is less anti establishment posting is that the posters have already left the country and are busy and happily settling in their new countries. People come here to learn how to immigrate, vent a little, and it finally dawns on them that they cannot change anything in this god forsaken country. SO, they leave. Hence, they have removed from them the incentive to post here.