• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Sarawak chiobu singer Baby Shima kena criticized by West Malaysia Islamists for wearing Iban tribe traditional dress as being HARAM? Samster agree?

duluxe

Alfrescian
Loyal
WhatsApp-Image-2024-02-19-at-12.45.55.jpeg

olsbyshmfd001a.jpg_1640232579.jpg

https://www.kosmo.com.my/2024/02/19/bodoh-sangat-budaya-orang-pun-nak-kecam-baby-shima/

PETALING JAYA - Singer Baby Shima regretted being criticized by a few netizens for wearing the traditional Ngepan Iban dress which is the traditional dress of women of the Iban tribe in Sarawak.

Through a video shared by Shima in his TikTok, the owner of the full name Nor Ashima Ramly felt strange when he was criticized for wearing the traditional dress in the music video (MV) of his latest single titled Bujang Sarawak .

Refusing to remain silent, the 29-year-old singer said it was strange for her to be blamed just because she wore the traditional dress.

"Shut up everyone, this is the traditional Iban dress, Ngepan Iban. It's also strange to see the comments on Bujang Sarawak YouTube. There is only one to blame about the clothes in the Bujang Sarawak song ," he said.

The singer who also made a name for himself in Indonesia said that he considered the individual who criticized him to be stupid because he was not familiar with traditional clothes.

“Phew! I have found the most holy comment. Maybe he feels so holy that he doesn't even recognize the traditional clothes of the Iban people.

"His level of stupidity is very stupid. You can see comments like that on YouTube. Remind someone, there are a few more people. I don't know anything until he wants to criticize people's culture. Very stupid," replied Shima.

In the comment section, his average followers, especially from Sarawak, were also upset when the singer was hurled with bad words just because he wore traditional Iban clothing.

In fact, some TikTok users suggested that Shima move to Sarawak where the community life is said to be more peaceful and tolerant.

"It's good that Shima moved to Sarawak. Do not sit across (the peninsula). People there all lack knowledge," said a netizen.

"The culture of Sarawak is very beautiful. I am from Kelantan and willing to study there (Sarawak) because I like the culture and traditions of the people there. Soon I will marry a Sarawak Iban youth," said another TikTok user.

At the same time, Shima also received praise from the Sarawakian community for promoting their culture, in addition to singing Bujang Sarawak songs in the Iban language, as if he came from the land of Bumi Kenyalang.

"I am an Iban very surprised by the performance of this song. His voice is very good," said a netizen.

"Shima's pronunciation is very smooth. As an Iban community, I feel very proud," said another netizen.

Bujang Sarawak , which was launched on February 2, is a song created by Sarawakian composer and lyricist, Hairee Francis, using elements of art and music from the state. – COSMO! ONLINE

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think it would be much easier if Mudslimes declare what is not Haram in stead of what is Haram.... because it seems everything is Haram

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
She is not a mutt so technically no need to observe mutt laws. I’d say it’s too hot for a tropical weather.

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think it would be much easier if Mudslimes declare what is not Haram in stead of what is Haram.... because it seems everything is Haram
They just make random remarks which intentionally infuriates many. The ones making these remarks are anonymous. Like in this forum..

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
So yr favourite preacher makes anonymous comments about camel piss like Zakir Naik?
There is no need for preachers in the holy book. Nothing mentioned about preachers. They have no standing nor credibility in the belief. That is why I am mystified why many want to listen to sermons.

duluxe

Alfrescian
Loyal
She is not a mutt so technically no need to observe mutt laws. I’d say it’s too hot for a tropical weather.

The forum islamist @Likemeat says hijab is command from allah. That means if the eskimos were to be muslims, they must also wear hijab. Don't use the hot climate in SEA as excuse.

When applying koranic laws, context isn't relevant. Context is only relevant when defending the holy texts.

Likemeat

Alfrescian
Loyal
The forum islamist @Likemeat says hijab is command from allah. That means if the eskimos were to be muslims, they must also wear hijab. Don't use the hot climate in SEA as excuse.

When applying koranic laws, context isn't relevant. Context is only relevant when defending the holy texts.

I dont see any problem eskimo wearing hijab, covered by the garment

635713640358734510-070315DFP-0630-hijab-2-.jpg