• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Samuel Eto’o inaugurates his football academy in Gabon

DerMannschaft

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Samuel Eto’o inaugurates his football academy in Gabon

The Anzhi star was accompanied by former team mates at Barcelona Victor Valdes and Xavi Hernandez in Gabon to launch his youth football training centre

May 29, 2012 3:31:00 PM

By Kingsley Kobo

164174hp2.jpg

Cameroon former captain Samuel Eto’o was in Gabon during the weekend to open his much-talked-about football academy named “Jeunes Talents” – young talents, meant to contribute to the development of football in the central African nation, which co-hosted the 2012 Africa Cup of Nations (Afcon) early this year.

Barcelona midfielder and goalkeeper Xavi Hernandez and Victor Valdes accompanied the four time African footballer of the year to Libreville to grace the ceremony chaired by Gabon president Ali Bongo.

The centre was originally built by the Gabonese government as a training centre for the 2012 Afcon, but was subsequently offered to the Samuel Eto’o Foundation, which converted it to a football academy.

“I have a duty of turning these children to world champions someday,” Eto’o declared after the ribbon cutting ceremony.

“With the help of my teammates here (turning to Xahi and Valdes), I've won almost everything in football except the World Cup. Maybe I’d never have the chance to win the Fifa World Cup, but through you, the kids of this new academy, I’d win it someday.

“While still very young we had one dream of becoming a footballer, which has come to pass. As for you, love and appreciate what you do and you’ll succeed as well. Today I’m your elder, I want to be the driver of this bus (the academy), but I will never play for you. Your duty is to exhibit your talents and work hard,” he said.

<iframe src="http://player.vimeo.com/video/23886021" width="624" height="443" frameborder="0" webkitallowfullscreen="" mozallowfullscreen="" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>